Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-08-2014   #521
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Who do you want to be QB?
I don't care if we pick a QB this year. Fitz is fine for 2014. Case can back him up and there's plenty of time to go after Garoppolo or Mettenberger.

I'd even be amused as hell if we ended up with Carr (though I acknowledge that is damn near impossible).

I think we stalk a QB in 2015.
Old 05-08-2014   #522
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Wow, Rick Smith *$&#ed up big time.
I think he was going to trade with KC to get Manziel and Cleveland jumped them.
He was going to take TB at 2-1 and Minny jumped them.

Zero chance Houston can take Derek Carr because of the PR disaster.
I've never been this down on a draft
Why the draft has just started?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #523
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta go with Carr. He's easily the best qb on the board.

Better arm than the guys that went ahead of him and good mobility.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #524
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It gets hot and loud in here now. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #525
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I am right and we are targetting Logan Thomas at 4:35.

You heard it here first.

Oh, we'll get Tajh Boyd too at 6:5
Old 05-08-2014   #526
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

F no on Carr. We got Fitz (whatev) so build other spots and give it a go later.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #527
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

If they go with anyone except Carr I think keenum, Yates, and fitz all have a shot at real playing time.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #528
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Louis Nix, DT fills a huge need. QB at 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #529
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Louis Nix, DT
Old 05-08-2014   #530
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'll eat my crow. I told Nitrofish that Fitzpatrick wouldn't be our starting quarterback.

Boy did I underestimate this franchise's stupidity.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #531
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Their gonna draft Carr or trade for Mallett...
BigB0iFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #532
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114971 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't care if we pick a QB this year. Fitz is fine for 2014. Case can back him up and there's plenty of time to go after Garoppolo or Mettenberger.

I'd even be amused as hell if we ended up with Carr (though I acknowledge that is damn near impossible).

They aren't touching Mettenberger.

They aren't touching Winston next year either

Team will have no offense this year... in a league built entirely for offense
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #533
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
We're done. 6 wins or less.
Please, that's stupid. How many games we win in 2014 won't be decided by who we pick in this draft. It will come down to how many of the players we already have who we thought were players actually bounce back from 2014 under OB and perform well.
Old 05-08-2014   #534
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
We're done. 6 wins or less.
Think they may trade for Mallett and look for the QB of the future in the 2015 draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #535
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB0iFresh View Post
Their gonna draft Carr or trade for Mallett...
So our choices are a PR disaster and an unknown quantity.
Old 05-08-2014   #536
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #537
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Wow, Rick Smith *$&#ed up big time.
I think he was going to trade with KC to get Manziel and Cleveland jumped them.
He was going to take TB at 2-1 and Minny jumped them.

Zero chance Houston can take Derek Carr because of the PR disaster.
I've never been this down on a draft

I wanted a "franchise" capable QB. Whether it was JF, TB, Carr, or Bortles I wanted someone.

We are going to get the 4th best QB at best. At best. We couldn't have given up a few extra picks to move into pick 31 or 32? Unbelievable failure.

I can't believe people are ok with current status quo. Let's remember its Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Losing breeds losing. Sometimes I really hate this team
Nothing but sunshine!
Old 05-08-2014   #538
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Please, that's stupid. How many games we win in 2014 won't be decided by who we pick in this draft. It will come down to how many of the players we already have who we thought were players actually bounce back from 2014 under OB and perform well.
Old 05-08-2014   #539
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Epitomy of the loser mentality that has permeated this franchise since its inception.

No need to win now, let's just keep sucking forever and getting great prospects with our high draft picks. Just keep drafting BPA and eventually we'll be a winner, right?

You can't build through the draft if you ignore the most important player on the team. We won't win 8 games with Fitz and Case. I'm not willing to wait until 2015 when you think we'll "stalk a QB."

Sometimes you have to take a risk. A late 1st rounder on a potential franchise QB is not that big of a gamble. Instead we've essentially locked ourselves into trotting out a journeyman QB for an entire year. No potential upside in Fitz or Keenum. We've seen them. They're terrible
Old 05-08-2014   #540
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The only bad thing Derek Carr has going against him is his last name. If BOB thinks he's the guy then so be it. I'm not gonna judge the guy because his brother is David Carr.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read