Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-07-2014   #361
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
now why would this happen? explain
Because we don't want to fall all the way back to six.
Old 05-07-2014   #362
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Because we don't want to fall all the way back to six.
still dont get it. what would we be getting for moving back 1 spot? cant be much.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #363
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
still dont get it. what would we be getting for moving back 1 spot? cant be much.
Doesn't matter what we get out of it. If we don't want Clowney and Atlanta does, anything we get for moving down to #2 is a bonus.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #364
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Doesn't matter what we get out of it. If we don't want Clowney and Atlanta does, anything we get for moving down to #2 is a bonus.
so we basically let atlanta out negotiate us.
Old 05-07-2014   #365
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should Atlanta really after Clowney, #2 is not going to guarantee Clowney. They need to get to #1 which means we have a leverage and not out negotiate us at all I think. This is only if Texans FO value Mack or Robinson or other players available are similar to Clowney's talent as their #1A, #1B or #1C on their draft board.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #366
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I mostly agree with this, but don't want to see the team get punked.
Quote:
Since there's not a prospect that jumps out with that WOW factor, and it's a very deep draft, it's going to be a buyer's market and Smith will have to adjust his asking price accordingly. I would be very happy swapping 2014 1st's, 2014 3rd and 4th, 2015 1st in a trade with Atlanta. It would be pretty much a sliding scale, as usual, though. The further down, the higher the price.

Short of being punked and swapping picks for a single extra pick and some cash, Smith can really only out negotiate himself. Unless the team is just dead set on 1-3 particular players. Hopefully, Smith mocked a trade with all 31 teams in the first. I'd be cool with dropping to 31 and getting a buttload of future picks.
Old 05-07-2014   #367
thetexanator
All Pro

if atlanta is dying to get a player i make them deal with us. if not, id threaten to keep him for myself. st.louis isnt set on 1 player if theyre moving to 6, so id bluff the best offer out of atlanta, and turn around and make st.louis deal with me if theyre willing to drop all the way down to 6. at worse wed be giving up what atlanta would have given up, and getting the extra stuff they gave up to st. louis. cut the middle man out, st. louis and st. louis is still making the deal to 6.
Old 05-07-2014   #368
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Since there's not a prospect that jumps out with that WOW factor, and it's a very deep draft, it's going to be a buyer's market and Smith will have to adjust his asking price accordingly. I would be very happy swapping 2014 1st's, 2014 3rd and 4th, 2015 1st in a trade with Atlanta. It would be pretty much a sliding scale, as usual, though. The further down, the higher the price.

Short of being punked and swapping picks for a single extra pick and some cash, Smith can really only out negotiate himself. Unless the team is just dead set on 1-3 particular players. Hopefully, Smith mocked a trade with all 31 teams in the first. I'd be cool with dropping to 31 and getting a buttload of future picks.
clowney is the only wow player. hes the only player that gives a sellers market and right now were the team thats selling.
Old 05-07-2014   #369
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
clowney is the only wow player. hes the only player that gives a sellers market and right now were the team thats selling.
True, except he doesn't wow me. I know... big effing deal... lol

And I bet we would both be surprised at who he wows and how much, hence my post. Clowney is far from a slam dunk... and slam dunks get blown, too. All in all, that still makes it a buyer's market. This is a weak draft in terms of superstars, but very deep in good to very good players. I'll take 2-3 good prospects over one superstar prospect.

I try to keep in mind all of the busts, at every position, and not project NFL production because of collegiate production. The two are very different animals.
Old 05-07-2014   #370
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Id be down for a swap to #2 if st Luis and Atlanta made a trade...IF we then traded back again with say maybe buffalo.

Sounds ridiculous I know but 2 teams get their trade back and 2 teams get their reward. Look, we've been talking trade down for literally 3 1/2 months now. Thats more then enough time to work such an elaborate deal. And the rams dont have to know squat about the 2nd trade. If a team tried to barter when we were #1 its not inconceivable they wouldnt at #2.
Old 05-07-2014   #371
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Id be down for a swap to #2 if st Luis and Atlanta made a trade...IF we then traded back again with say maybe buffalo.

Sounds ridiculous I know but 2 teams get their trade back and 2 teams get their reward. Look, we've been talking trade down for literally 3 1/2 months now. Thats more then enough time to work such an elaborate deal. And the rams dont have to know squat about the 2nd trade. If a team tried to barter when we were #1 its not inconceivable they wouldnt at #2.
You're coming around...good man!!
Old 05-07-2014   #372
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post

Atlanta would have to be in love with two players to make that trade before the draft, which is entirely possible with Clowney & Robinson. Could you imagine if Atlanta made that deal knowing Houston would pass on Clowney and then Houston traded down with Buffalo and they took Clowney? The egg that would be on Atlanta's face after the draft..
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #373
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post

No WOW factor? Did you not see Clowney jump over four bags and grab two tennis balls off the ground???
Old 05-08-2014   #374
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
No WOW factor? Did you not see Clowney jump over four bags and grab two tennis balls off the ground???
sigh...silly rookie...
Old 05-08-2014   #375
BigB0iFresh
Veteran

Rep Power: 1335 BigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedBigB0iFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m
Teams that have inquired about trading UP include DET, NYJ, CLEV (from 26), SF, HOU (from round 2 into 1), ATL (from round 2 into 1).
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
BigB0iFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #376
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB0iFresh View Post
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12m
Teams that have inquired about trading UP include DET, NYJ, CLEV (from 26), SF, HOU (from round 2 into 1), ATL (from round 2 into 1).
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
That's what I'm talking about. Trade down a few spots and trade up to get two quality 1st rounders.
Old 05-08-2014   #377
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How's this for a Draft Day story? UNC TE Eric Ebron just proposed to his girlfriend atop the Empire State Building! @NFLonFOX @FOXSports1
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #378
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Smart move. Do it before Cleveland or Minnesota drafts you.
Old 05-08-2014   #379
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Smart move. Do it before Cleveland or Minnesota drafts you.
msr
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #380
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-soon-be-done/

Possible deal in the works for mallett!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read