Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-07-2014   #241
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans G.M. prefers Khalil Mack to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I predict that Barr has a better career than Mack. If Mack can even make it past 4 years.
I agree. I think Barr is being overlooked.
Old 05-07-2014   #242
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Quote:
Talked to Texans HC Bill O'Brien, who says DE Jadeveon Clowney and Khalil Mack would be OLB in base 3-4. But multiple D so play down 60 pct.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #243
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
O'Brien said THAT much?
to the press??
I don't believe Werder
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #244
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
So much for Mack being the better fit.
Old 05-07-2014   #245
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I still think he`d be the better fit since he actually is pretty good in coverage. But I´d also still prefer Clowney, because I consider him the way better talent and way more excitiong player.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #246
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 41183 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
O'Brien said THAT much?
to the press??
I don't believe Werder
Werder had to pad a little.
Actual transcript is probably:

EW: What about Clowney?
BOB: <GLARE>
EW: What about Mack?
BOB: <GLARE>
EW: Would they both be OLBs in a 3-4?
BOB: Grunt. (Walks away).
Old 05-07-2014   #247
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
How's that? If you rate them as OLBs, Mack is the better of the two.

Playing down 60% of the snaps... I'll have to see how we do it, but if we're going to do it based on offensive personnel, it won't be too hard for offenses to keep Clowney standing up. That 60% may turn into 30% in real time.
Old 05-07-2014   #248
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How's that? If you rate them as OLBs, Mack is the better of the two.

Playing down 60% of the snaps... I'll have to see how we do it, but if we're going to do it based on offensive personnel, it won't be too hard for offenses to keep Clowney standing up. That 60% may turn into 30% in real time.
According to BOB, it was 30% last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read