Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-05-2014   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bang the table

Ok three days before the draft. Here is your chance to "bang the table" for your guyS. I'll get as many as I can in.

Jared Abbrederis WR
Best route runner in this draft. Gets incredible separation. If he would have had a better QB his stats would have been unbelievable. In the game against Ohio ST, against one of the top corners in the Draft (Roby) He dominated that game. Abbrederis caught 10 passes for a career-best 207 yards and a score. He was open all day and really could have had 2 or three more TDís and 7 or eight more catches if not for some horrible throws. Iím scared to death that The Colts are going to get this guy and heís going to be the next Reggie Wayne. Yes thatís how much I like him. I really want him in the 4th but I would consider the 3rd round, depending on who's left.
Old 05-05-2014   #2
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Bang the table

He looks like a possession wr. When he was running vs man,he didn't create seperation. 4th or 5 rd for me. Tbh, I've never liked roby. He doesn't play to his measurables.
Old 05-05-2014   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Sophie Dee...and not just on the table.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Patchan

McCullers

Jerick McKinnon

Mike Campanaro

John Halapio

Beau Allen
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #5
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

TB
Marcus Smith
Keith McGill
Kelcy Quarles
Tiny Richardson
Old 05-05-2014   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
TB
Marcus Smith
Keith McGill
Kelcy Quarles
Tiny Richardson
Good list.

I like all of those guys. Even TB, just not at 1-1.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Aj McCarron. Changed Alabama's run offense to one of the most balanced & prolific offenses in the league. He reads defenses, makes good decisions with the ball, leads his team on the field. He's not flashy, but he can & does make plays when needed. He's got that fire to be better, always pushing himself, always raising his level of play.
Old 05-05-2014   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

CJ Mosley

Best football player in this draft.

If he's still around in the 22-25 range , I'd like to see them move up from #33 and grab him.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
He looks like a possession wr. When he was running vs man,he didn't create seperation. 4th or 5 rd for me. Tbh, I've never liked roby. He doesn't play to his measurables.
Didn't really start this to discuss our evaluations. This is a chance for everyone to point out who they think are good prospects and have reference to it without having to search entire board. Kinda a reference to your final thoughts On prospects in this draft.

But ok. Yes I also said I really want him in the 4th but I would consider him in the third depending on who's there. So I think we are close on where he should go. Now, possession WR, yes I guess you could call him that. It's not like that is a bad thing. He would be great in the slot playing the Welker role. He's quicker than fast, runs better routes than anyone in this draft. Not worried about him getting jammed. Is shifty enough to get by most jams. Like I said he reminds me of Wayne when he came out.
Old 05-05-2014   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Aj McCarron. Changed Alabama's run offense to one of the most balanced & prolific offenses in the league. He reads defenses, makes good decisions with the ball, leads his team on the field. He's not flashy, but he can & does make plays when needed. He's got that fire to be better, always pushing himself, always raising his level of play.
Really? What's next, Texian banging on Bortles?

How about someone not so obvious.
Old 05-05-2014   #11
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Christian Jones, I know he failed a drug test but damn can he play.
2. Allen Robinson. 3rd best Wr in my book.
3. Deone Buchannon. I love this dude. If we don't take a Qb at 33 give me him.
4. Kelcy Quarles
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Andre Williams.

Talk about Luv Ya Blue, this guy can bring it back to Houston. Tough, tough runner. Big time yards after contact. Not flashy, but you want to watch him run just the same.

Those are the two guys I think we've got to come away with in this draft. McCarron & Williams. I'm open on other positions of need, but I'll bang the table for McCarron & Williams.
Old 05-06-2014   #13
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
1. Christian Jones, I know he failed a drug test but damn can he play.
2. Allen Robinson. 3rd best Wr in my book.
3. Deone Buchannon. I love this dude. If we don't take a Qb at 33 give me him.
4. Kelcy Quarles
Buchannon is the best safety in the draft to me. He can play deep middle,hash,in the box. He forces fumbles and he has more ints than any db in the draft. Like him a lot.
Old 05-06-2014   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Any or as many of these dudes would really make this draft for me.

Aaron Donald - upgrade Antonio Smith who can kick inside
Anthony Barr - OLB high ceiling who kicks Brooks inside
Deone Bucannon - takes over secondary
Jordan Matthews - looks like a #1 to recharge Andre
Bishop Sankey - dynamic rb with a great future
Joel Bitonio - not pretty but effective & reliable
Ja'Waun James - franchise RT without the price tag
CJ Fiedorowicz - bigger, bader than Owen Daniels
Tajh Boyd - looks like playmaker to me, hook him back up w/DeAndre
Yawin Smallwood - length, size in a mans league

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #15
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Didn't really start this to discuss our evaluations. This is a chance for everyone to point out who they think are good prospects and have reference to it without having to search entire board. Kinda a reference to your final thoughts On prospects in this draft.

But ok. Yes I also said I really want him in the 4th but I would consider him in the third depending on who's there. So I think we are close on where he should go. Now, possession WR, yes I guess you could call him that. It's not like that is a bad thing. He would be great in the slot playing the Welker role. He's quicker than fast, runs better routes than anyone in this draft. Not worried about him getting jammed. Is shifty enough to get by most jams. Like I said he reminds me of Wayne when he came out.

I never said there was anything wrong with him. If he was there in the 4th,that's a value pick. I don't know about the reggie wayne part,but that's cool.
Old 05-06-2014   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Stanley Jean-Baptiste

i have a very strong Nnamdi Asomugha feel about him. zone defenses arent having the effect they used do, you need a great pass rush paired with corners who can play on the line of scrimmage. jean-baptiste i believe is one of those guys.

edit: i would be banging the table if he were still there in the 3rd or late second. there are enough risks that i'd not want to reach at 2-1.

Last edited by Scooter; 05-06-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #17
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Charles Sims.
Old 05-06-2014   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone with a relentless motor. I don't know these players specifically but that's my only requirement. We need to build an entire ****ing team of JJ Watts and Brian Cushings.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Christian Jones-OLB, great size, athleticism, and he'd be great if moved inside.
2. Telvin Smith-OLB, he and Jones can actually play both ILB and OLB, great speed and tenacity.
3. JaWaun James-OT, best RT in this draft and could anchor the right side for the next 10+ yrs.
4. Jared Abbrederis-WR, he'd look really good in the slot for the Texans.
5. Teddy Bridgewater-QB, I don't buy all the media driven BS, 2 yrs. of great game film trump a very average Pro Day. Reads a defense, call his own plays, calls audibils at LOS, athletic, smart, he's got it all.
6. Keith McGill-CB, tall very athletic CB with good hips and good speed.
7. Deandre Coleman-DT, great size but not alot on pass rush but holds the LOS and plays the run well. Quality DT in the later rounds.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys that I like way more than the consensus. Would love to have any of them on the Texans.

QB - Keith Wenning
RB - Charles Sims
WR - Donte Moncrief
TE - C.J. Fiedorowicz
OT - Billy Turner
DE - Stephon Tuitt
DE - DeAndre Coleman
OLB - Chris Smith
CB - E.J. Gaines
S - Deone Bucannon
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read