Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-21-2014   #21
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Hello from across the pond

Hello from Seattle!

We'll just take that nice basketball team of yours now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #22
VIE-IAH
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Hello from Seattle!

We'll just take that nice basketball team of yours now....
Not gonna happen, get over it^^ :P
VIE-IAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #23
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 54584 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIE-IAH View Post
No, not yet. I was thinking about coming over for a game (probably Lions-Falcons) but I'm not too sure yet...
I already purchased Jags-Cowboys from the NFL website just so I don't have to pay the StubHub prices later this year. I moved here in July and it was too late to get anything other than scalper prices, so I'm excited about getting to go this year.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #24
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Mods

Close this thread before Mr. McNair sees it and decides to move the Texans across the pond. Cheerio..
Old 04-22-2014   #25
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 130745 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not gonna happen, get over it^^ :P
Didn't the league essentially ADMIT that the call at the end of game 1 was utter BULLISHT? I.E. The guy who was called for a foul was IN FACT the guy fouled?
Mind you, I'm no expert, but it's MY opinion that if you win by two points in a game where the refs publicly admit the f'ed up...and you have the remainder of a 7 game series to play...unless the refs plan to intentionally sodomize the other team...your "LUCK" will run out.

"Every day the bucket goes to a well, but one day the bottom will drop out."

:Robert Nesta Marley

Just sayin'.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for you foreigners (and by foreigners, I mean you folks from abroad, interested in the Texans - which I appreciate), the other day marked "San Jacinto"........... The day Texas and "Texans" became independent of then Mexican tyranny and became its own Republic.

Welcome to the Bayou City!

Welcome to "Space City", home of NASA
Old 04-23-2014   #27
VIE-IAH
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Didn't the league essentially ADMIT that the call at the end of game 1 was utter BULLISHT? I.E. The guy who was called for a foul was IN FACT the guy fouled?
Mind you, I'm no expert, but it's MY opinion that if you win by two points in a game where the refs publicly admit the f'ed up...and you have the remainder of a 7 game series to play...unless the refs plan to intentionally sodomize the other team...your "LUCK" will run out.

"Every day the bucket goes to a well, but one day the bottom will drop out."

:Robert Nesta Marley

Just sayin'.
I agree, but I wasn't talking about the Rockets. I was talking about the move of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle, which was fended off last year
VIE-IAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014   #28
Shezza
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Shezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoping to make it over with the wife for a game this year. Was over during the playoffs this year so had to go to Philly.

Horrible fans!!!
Shezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014   #29
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 130745 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, but I wasn't talking about the Rockets. I was talking about the move of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle, which was fended off last year
My appologies...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 04-24-2014   #30
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey,

I'm a relatively new Texans fan from Europe. I have been following the NBA and NHL since my childhood (being a loyal fan of the Sacramento Kings and the Dallas Stars), but I really fell in love with football during my exchange semester at Boston. I went to a Pats-Jets game. However, I didn't like the Pats and their fans. I don't have a real connection to any other US city. So I watched a lot of football last season and even though the Texans weren't "that great", I really started to like that team and to cheer for them.

Nice to meet you guys and best wishes from across the pond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezza View Post
Hello from Brisbane Australia.

Welcome to both of you. If either of you ever make it to Houston for a game I think you will love the fans and the stadium. You won't have a better NFL experience anywhere than right here in Texas. Just make sure you stay south on 45 and avoid those Cryboys up north. Talk about some bad fans.
Old 04-24-2014   #31
Shezza
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Shezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respected

Cheers bckey.

It's on the to do list for sure. I do a bit of work in O&G - need a client in Houston!!

After sitting in the ice at Philly Reliant will be magnificent
Shezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014   #32
Tearstain
Rookie

Section: I wish :(
Rep Power: 3093 Tearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respectedTearstain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Welcome from a Texan in London! We are lucky enough to get NFL games here a few times a year, even if it is the Jags. At least the Cowboys are coming this year. Have you had a chance to come over for any games?
Never going to happen for me !!

Been watching Houston since early 80's and my fist live game will only ever be Houston.
For me it would be like cheating on my wife.

Even if London acquired its own team in the NFL I would never support it.
That is what NFL suits don't understand us UK fans are loyal to our teams.

As soon as I get a spare 2,000 I will be over to watch a game and put on 20lbs eating at the tailgate.
Tearstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #33
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 54584 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstain View Post
Never going to happen for me !!

Been watching Houston since early 80's and my fist live game will only ever be Houston.
For me it would be like cheating on my wife.

Even if London acquired its own team in the NFL I would never support it.
That is what NFL suits don't understand us UK fans are loyal to our teams.

As soon as I get a spare 2,000 I will be over to watch a game and put on 20lbs eating at the tailgate.
I understand loyalty. Being from San Antonio originally, my first team is the Spurs, and our fan base has an unofficial link up with Tottenham. I really wanted to root for them, but I live in Cobham where Chelsea has their training grounds. Several players live around me and their kids go to the American school with my daughter. And her BFF's dad works for ManU. I'm going to stick with rugby!

I'm only here on assignment for a few years, and I really regret not seeing any of the games here last season. I've been to my fair share of Texans games before moving here last year, but I jumped at the chance to be able to see the Cowboys.

I root for my teams first (Texans, Spurs, Longhorns) and then any other team from Texas. Especially since they are playing a division rival in the Jags, who the NFL is trying to make the hometown team for London. The "Union Jax" fan club is *really* annoying!
Old 05-14-2014   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I understand loyalty. Being from San Antonio originally, my first team is the Spurs, and our fan base has an unofficial link up with Tottenham. I really wanted to root for them, but I live in Cobham where Chelsea has their training grounds. Several players live around me and their kids go to the American school with my daughter. And her BFF's dad works for ManU. I'm going to stick with rugby!

I'm only here on assignment for a few years, and I really regret not seeing any of the games here last season. I've been to my fair share of Texans games before moving here last year, but I jumped at the chance to be able to see the Cowboys.

I root for my teams first (Texans, Spurs, Longhorns) and then any other team from Texas. Especially since they are playing a division rival in the Jags, who the NFL is trying to make the hometown team for London. The "Union Jax" fan club is *really* annoying!
Man why is Goodell being so cruel as to foist the Jaguars upon unsuspecting Brits?
Old 05-28-2014   #35
sandman
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Man why is Goodell being so cruel as to foist the Jaguars upon unsuspecting Brits?
They are used to bland things over here...
Old 05-28-2014   #36
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, not yet. I was thinking about coming over for a game (probably Lions-Falcons) but I'm not too sure yet...
Do me a favor and enjoy a prawn vindaloo for me so I can live vicariously through you.
Old 05-29-2014   #37
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

welcome to TT

a bit late, but I don't visit this part of the forum very often...

seems almost impossible you became a fan after last year
Old 05-30-2014   #38
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
welcome to TT

a bit late, but I don't visit this part of the forum very often...

seems almost impossible you became a fan after last year
You'd be surprised. I only started watching the Texans properly during the 2005 2-14 season - and chose Houston mostly because all of the international fans of the Premier League gravitated towards Manchester United and the other big successful clubs.

So I thought, screw being a fair weather fan and jumping on the Pats bandwagon - I'm going to sign up for a decade or more of abuse!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read