Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-20-2014   #1
VIE-IAH
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hello from across the pond

Hey,

I'm a relatively new Texans fan from Europe. I have been following the NBA and NHL since my childhood (being a loyal fan of the Sacramento Kings and the Dallas Stars), but I really fell in love with football during my exchange semester at Boston. I went to a Pats-Jets game. However, I didn't like the Pats and their fans. I don't have a real connection to any other US city. So I watched a lot of football last season and even though the Texans weren't "that great", I really started to like that team and to cheer for them.

Nice to meet you guys and best wishes from across the pond!
VIE-IAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #2
Shezza
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Shezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respectedShezza is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello from Brisbane Australia.
Shezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hello from across the pond

Hello from Texas.

Yeah, last year was kind of pathetic, but it'll get better.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the MB. Hopefully y'all will bring the Texans some better luck this year.
Old 04-20-2014   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

A Sacramento King fan??

Welcome to the board.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome from the Bayou City to the City of Music -- any friend of Freud is a friend of mine.

Its a good time to get on the Texans bandwagon as things can pretty much only go up from here after last year's debacle.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #7
VIE-IAH
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 VIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respectedVIE-IAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
A Sacramento King fan??

Welcome to the board.
Haha, I don't even remember how I started rooting for them. I think I liked their trading cards when I was around 6 years old and I have stayed loyal since then. It hasn't been easy but better times are ahead^^.
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2014   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome! Always nice to have new people around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezza View Post
Hello from Brisbane Australia.
And welcome to our new friend from Queensland, too.

Wow: Vienna & Brisbane are at the very top of my must visit cities in the world.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another Dallas Stars fan too. Welcome! Please bring good luck!...lol.
Old 04-20-2014   #11
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Hello from Tokyo, Japan and welcome to the TTC message board.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW!!! Welcome, all y'all!!!!! TEXAS IS WHAT Y'ALL heard about!!! Welcome in!!!!
Old 04-20-2014   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Hello from Tokyo, Japan and welcome to the TTC message board.
You don't count...... You've been here a long time mister!!
Old 04-20-2014   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome aboard!! You have picked a classy organization and you get to enjoy JJ Watt as one of your own. Hard to find an easier player in the entire league to root for.

To be a fan of the Texans you should know the misery most of this fan base has had to endure over the past 50 yrs. We watched our team (when the previous team- the Oilers resided here) complete the biggest choke in NFL playoff history vs the Bills giving up a 35-3 3rd quarter lead with a very possible all Texas Super Bowl matchup vs the Dallas Cowboys looming had we won.

That would of been epic . Yet it was still epic history in the worst, a choke job so bad that it may never be topped. That loss was the beginning of the end as the Oilers ended up leaving the city and left us without a team for several yrs and ultimately delaying playoff football in this town for close to 20 yrs. Only a few cities have yet to have their team in a Super Bowl, and we are one of them. We are desperate for a winner and its going to be crazy when we finally get one. So enjoy the ride!

The great thing about this game is that you NEVER stop learning.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Welcome to the Texans. Hopefully 3rd coach is the charm.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIE-IAH View Post
Hey,

I'm a relatively new Texans fan from Europe. I have been following the NBA and NHL since my childhood (being a loyal fan of the Sacramento Kings and the Dallas Stars), but I really fell in love with football during my exchange semester at Boston. I went to a Pats-Jets game. However, I didn't like the Pats and their fans. I don't have a real connection to any other US city. So I watched a lot of football last season and even though the Texans weren't "that great", I really started to like that team and to cheer for them.

Nice to meet you guys and best wishes from across the pond!
Rep forthcoming for NOT liking the Patriots.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiTexan
Hello from Tokyo, Japan and welcome to the TTC Message board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You don't count...... You've been here a long time mister!!
Hai hai.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 04-21-2014   #18
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 89963 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome from a Texan in London! We are lucky enough to get NFL games here a few times a year, even if it is the Jags. At least the Cowboys are coming this year. Have you had a chance to come over for any games?
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Welcome from a Texan in London! We are lucky enough to get NFL games here a few times a year, even if it is the Jags. At least the Cowboys are coming this year. Have you had a chance to come over for any games?
Quote the Late Great James Brown:

"I wants revenge!"
Old 04-21-2014   #20
VIE-IAH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
No, not yet. I was thinking about coming over for a game (probably Lions-Falcons) but I'm not too sure yet...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read