Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-10-2014   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

I really don't give a damn who AJ has faith in. He isn't a coach and he has never been known as some motivational leader. He is just a great guy with a great attitude.

As far as Devier Posey. I've been laughing at all the folks who have been hyping this kid for two years. He has never done squat on this team. I'd really like to know why he still is on the team. The blind faith in him is about as bad as it was for Molden.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #62
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I believe in Posey too. He just needs to be on the field more and avoid injuries. He is not flashey or fast but he runs good routes and has good size and hands.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #63
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
Man, remember all of the Posey hate when he was drafted?
i was one leading the charge. the draft choice of posey ruffled my feathers quite a bit, but i'm changing my tune. by all accounts he's working as hard as anyone despite the injuries, and has looked relatively good when on the field. my plate of crow only extends as far as his ability to see the field however ... a serving i'm hoping to force down, but it's not happening yet.
Old 04-11-2014   #64
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i was one leading the charge. the draft choice of posey ruffled my feathers quite a bit, but i'm changing my tune. by all accounts he's working as hard as anyone despite the injuries, and has looked relatively good when on the field. my plate of crow only extends as far as his ability to see the field however ... a serving i'm hoping to force down, but it's not happening yet.
Honestly, though, after 2 years, do you need to eat any crow at all no matter how he turns out?

For a team in a win-now mode that needed to find an answer on the other side from AJ, Posey turned out to be not such a great draft choice. The fact that we've gotten very little stat-wise from him means he should have been drafted in a later round.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #65
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Honestly, though, after 2 years, do you need to eat any crow at all no matter how he turns out?

For a team in a win-now mode that needed to find an answer on the other side from AJ, Posey turned out to be not such a great draft choice. The fact that we've gotten very little stat-wise from him means he should have been drafted in a later round.
from what i saw when he was on the field, yeah i'm still holding my breath. my err was that he was a selfish kid who wouldnt take the game seriously and be a wasted pick because of effort.

well, the effort's there as far as i can tell, and then some. if he cant get healthy it's still a wasted pick, but someone else can have that serving. when on the field he runs routes like andre. not as crisp, but with the same intensity and drive on every down - whether he's part of the play or not. that's what i didnt expect. he's got physical ability, and that determination is what i thought would be lacking. if he cant get on the field it's all for naught, but if he can get healthy posey has what it takes to be at worst a 3rd.
Old 04-11-2014   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

That's kind of like saying we should have drafted Ben Tate in the 4th, because he was going to miss his rookie season. Or we should have tried to get Charles Spencer as an UDFA because he was going to have a career damaging injury.

Posey appeared to be on track at the end of his rookie year & had he not got hurt in our final game that year, I'm sure we would not have drafted DeAndre.
Old 04-11-2014   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's kind of like saying we should have drafted Ben Tate in the 4th, because he was going to miss his rookie season. Or we should have tried to get Charles Spencer as an UDFA because he was going to have a career damaging injury.

Posey appeared to be on track at the end of his rookie year & had he not got hurt in our final game that year, I'm sure we would not have drafted DeAndre.
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. We didn't make the best draft choices with Ben Tate or Charles Spencer or Devier Posey. We could have drafted other guys at those spots that would have been much more productive.

The knock on Posey was that he was going to be a project that was going to take some time to develop. Well? A couple of years in and he hasn't developed into the guy we hoped he would be. There were other WRs available (that many here were pounding the table for) that we could have drafted AND gotten more production out of in the first two years AND probably not have had to use a 1st round draft pick on a WR.

I liked the Ben Tate draft pick. BUT. In hindsight, we could have gotten more value out of that pick but where we were at the time, he looked to be the best option available.

I was surprised by the Spencer draft pick although I warmed up to it pretty quickly. BUT. In hindsight, we could have gotten more value out of that pick but you can't predict a Ron Dayne career-ending catastrophe.

I like Posey. I didn't mind that we drafted him at the time. But in hindsight, we could have done better.
Old 04-11-2014   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BUT. In hindsight...

BUT. In hindsight...

But in hindsight...
OH...... then, carry on.
Old 04-11-2014   #69
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. We didn't make the best draft choices with Ben Tate or Charles Spencer or Devier Posey. We could have drafted other guys at those spots that would have been much more productive.

I was surprised by the Spencer draft pick although I warmed up to it pretty quickly. BUT. In hindsight, we could have gotten more value out of that pick but you can't predict a Ron Dayne career-ending catastrophe.
time out. i followed you with everything else, but spencer may have been the best selection we've ever made. you cant fault anyone for an after-the-fact freak injury inflicted by our own player. i maintain to this day that spencer is the single best offensive line prospect i've ever seen, his bust in canton would already be sculpted at this point in his career if not for injury. dude had pace's feet, ogden's trunk, and hands that would frighten even the deacon (i've never seen better hands from an offensive lineman). a bit of a sore spot for me, it's still raw that i didnt get to see more than a glimpse at his rookie year.
Old 04-11-2014   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
time out. i followed you with everything else, but spencer may have been the best selection we've ever made. you cant fault anyone for an after-the-fact freak injury inflicted by our own player.
I don't think he's trying to lay blame, just pointing out things didn't work out the way we planned.
Old 04-11-2014   #71
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
time out. i followed you with everything else, but spencer may have been the best selection we've ever made. you cant fault anyone for an after-the-fact freak injury inflicted by our own player. i maintain to this day that spencer is the single best offensive line prospect i've ever seen, his bust in canton would already be sculpted at this point in his career if not for injury. dude had pace's feet, ogden's trunk, and hands that would frighten even the deacon (i've never seen better hands from an offensive lineman). a bit of a sore spot for me, it's still raw that i didnt get to see more than a glimpse at his rookie year.
That's kinda what I was saying.

When they first drafted Spencer, I wasn't following draft prospects very closely and I didn't know who he was. So I was a little on the "hmmm" side but the more I learned about him and heard about him, the more excited I was. I really thought we'd turned a corner and worked some magic by getting our two tackles to last us for years and years. And then... bam. Not so much.

But my overall point wasn't that he was bad but that things didn't work out the way we'd hoped or planned.
Old 04-11-2014   #72
Scooter
Funky

apologies, i was drinking into the morning/afternoon lol.
Old 04-12-2014   #73
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I believe in Posey too. He just needs to be on the field more and avoid injuries. He is not flashey or fast but he runs good routes and has good size and hands.
I'm looking for flashy and fast.

You know, something out of the Texans org's norm.

I don't think Posey will ever become what he could've become, which is a solid WR2. Kinda like what is Hopkins upside.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014   #74
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I'm looking for flashy and fast.

You know, something out of the Texans org's norm.

I don't think Posey will ever become what he could've become, which is a solid WR2. Kinda like what is Hopkins upside.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read