Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-08-2014   #2321
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 258843 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Of course you do....every single day you show up you act as if your dog has died. Like everything else, you probably don't even lie dogs.
Better cool it. You're probably going to get neg repped.
Old 04-08-2014   #2322
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They both like Chicken, wear their pants around their knees, have big...

egos.
Yeah, the bbc might hinder teddy's development like geno. Texian might be on to something.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #2323
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course you do....every single day you show up you act as if your dog has died. Like everything else, you probably don't even lie dogs.
Wrong again:

Old 04-08-2014   #2324
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wrong again:
lol. Very well done.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #2325
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wrong again:

Poor dog, probably gets beat a couple times a week and kicked across the room every time you come home drunk.
Old 04-08-2014   #2326
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Better cool it. You're probably going to get neg repped.
I'm due, haven't had one in almost a month.
Old 04-08-2014   #2327
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11151 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Poor dog, probably gets beat a couple times a week and kicked across the room every time you come home drunk.
Wth? Maybe you want to punch him in the nuts while you're slandering his name everywhere? Unless this is some kind of joke and i missed the punchline..
Old 04-08-2014   #2328
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Wth? Maybe you want to punch him in the nuts while you're slandering his name everywhere? Unless this is some kind of joke and i missed the punchline..
No biggie. His gun kicks harder than it shoots.
Old 04-08-2014   #2329
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the people saying Bridgewater had a terrible pro day even watched it. He was off target on a few throws, but most of them looked good. His receivers didn't do him any favors when they slowed down to locate the ball and then couldn't catch up to passes that were aimed for their original speed.

His workout was below average for a guy expected to go top 5, but was nowhere near bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Since you are an anti pro day guy, when was the last time a QB had a below average pro day and was drafted in the top ten?
Matt Ryan

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #2330
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Since you are an anti pro day guy, when was the last time a QB had a below average pro day and was drafted in the top ten?
Brees,Newton,and Ryan to name a few. As I've said before, straight from pat kirwan,phil saage and bill polian,pro days mean pretty much nothing. From what I'm told ,face to face,the pro day is was really for the later round picks and guys who were not invited to combine. Pro day is also one of the 1st times the coach get to see prospects live. Now for guys like the late al davis, was heavily influenced by russell,heward-bey,and others pro day and combine. Hey,that's them, id rather just do tape and see how that translates.

I watched a couple games by Carr today and if I never seen his pro day,no way that dude is even in the 2nd rd. His feet,panic under duress,and the near ints are hard to comprehend for a 4 th yr player. I'm sure some coach will think he can coach the pocket awarness like they thought with tanneyhill and gabbert and we've seen how that has worked out.
Old 04-08-2014   #2331
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Brees,Newton,and Ryan to name a few. As I've said before, straight from pat kirwan,phil saage and bill polian,pro days mean pretty much nothing. From what I'm told ,face to face,the pro day is was really for the later round picks and guys who were not invited to combine. Pro day is also one of the 1st times the coach get to see prospects live. Now for guys like the late al davis, was heavily influenced by russell,heward-bey,and others pro day and combine. Hey,that's them, id rather just do tape and see how that translates.

I watched a couple games by Carr today and if I never seen his pro day,no way that dude is even in the 2nd rd. His feet,panic under duress,and the near ints are hard to comprehend for a 4 th yr player. I'm sure some coach will think he can coach the pocket awarness like they thought with tanneyhill and gabbert and we've seen how that has worked out.

Old 04-09-2014   #2332
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's pretty awesome you met them and they said that. I always felt the same way, but never had any validation to my argument.

There was a great man in the Clowney thread that said this...

Quote:
I've always looked at pro days and combines for guys in rounds 5+ (might go 6+ this year, this draft is Stacked!) because I believe 95% of the time those guys are gonna fail in the NFL so I'd rather have a beast athlete that has a chance to learn what it takes, who in the meantime will either pop someone hard on special teams or fly down the field untouched on special teams.
That great man is me. And now I have validation from GMs on my opinion. All you Mel Kiper fan boys have fun riding that fence and swaying in the wind. I drew a line after the end of the FOOTBALL season on what guys I did and did not like and reasons why. Those pro days haven't made me sway, and now I feel more confident in my reasoning. Thank you Leebi.
Old 04-09-2014   #2333
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 258843 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
And now I have validation from GMs on my opinion. All you Mel Kiper fan boys have fun riding that fence and swaying in the wind. I drew a line after the end of the FOOTBALL season on what guys I did and did not like and reasons why. Those pro days haven't made me sway, and now I feel more confident in my reasoning. Thank you Leebi.
Careful you don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back so hard.

& remember, GMs have a lot more access than what you & I have. They can get past the coach speak & locker room fluff that we can't.

& good pro days, bad pro days... may not change the player's ranking, but it may dress up the windows a little bit, a little advertising. Hopefully get someone enticed to trade up to the #1 overall.
Old 04-09-2014   #2334
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
Hopefully get someone enticed to trade up to the #1 overall.
If we could trade the pick and still get TB I would obviously love it.

I just don't think we can trade the Falcons at 7 and still land him. Time will tell. All dead talk for another 28 days 9 hours and 58 minutes.... Unless a trade happens before.
Old 04-09-2014   #2335
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wrong again:

Looks like if you don't hurry and return the dog is going to tell you off. We see who is in charge, heh.

Quote:

He probably meant top ten in the draft, not position. Brees was a second round pick. But overall I agree with your point. The pro-day doesn't make a significant dent to drop someone a full round in a draft. It just makes them go review the game film that much more deeply. A poor performance can hurt though especially if you didn't throw at the combine but not to the level some are suggesting where he should all the way to the second. That's quite a stretch.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #2336
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
NFL network will show Game Changers today QBs/WRs with Kurt Warner and Michael Irvin. Teddy B is one of the three QBs. Starts at 8pm central time.
I watched the QB episode last night. Kinda' cool to see the workouts.

Honestly, Bridgewater just doesn't come off as very bright. JMO, of course, but he seems like his answers are canned. Maybe he's just nervous in front of cameras and interviews, but every interview I've seen with him just doesn't give me the vibe that he's very quick in his critical thinking skills.

I don't know anything about Tajh Boyd, but he came across as a very smart player. I'd like to keep an eye on him to see who picks him up and if he develops into an NFL QB down the road.

All of them showed college game tape where their floaty passes would be like mana from heaven to NFL defensive backs. They benefited from the typical separation at the college level between receivers and defenders.
Old 04-09-2014   #2337
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I watched the QB episode last night. Kinda' cool to see the workouts.

Honestly, Bridgewater just doesn't come off as very bright. JMO, of course, but he seems like his answers are canned. Maybe he's just nervous in front of cameras and interviews, but every interview I've seen with him just doesn't give me the vibe that he's very quick in his critical thinking skills.

I don't know anything about Tajh Boyd, but he came across as a very smart player. I'd like to keep an eye on him to see who picks him up and if he develops into an NFL QB down the road.

All of them showed college game tape where their floaty passes would be like mana from heaven to NFL defensive backs. They benefited from the typical separation at the college level between receivers and defenders.

Funny you say that considering Bridgewater has the highest football Iq and most developed to read defenses of any QB in this draft.
Old 04-09-2014   #2338
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Funny you say that considering Bridgewater has the highest football Iq and most developed to read defenses of any QB in this draft.
yeah, I've read that before. I'm just commenting on my general impression of him through his interviews.

Sometimes book smarts do not always translate to quick thinking skills.

Or he's just a nervous interview and spews rehearsed lines. He just never seems like he's speaking from his gut, but like I said, just an opinion.

You see a guy like Andrew Luck, who had the great GPA, and his interviews comes across as very knowledgeable about football and quick to reply to questions with great insight. Bridgewater does not come across the same way to me.
Old 04-09-2014   #2339
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, I've read that before. I'm just commenting on my general impression of him through his interviews.

Sometimes book smarts do not always translate to quick thinking skills.

Or he's just a nervous interview and spews rehearsed lines. He just never seems like he's speaking from his gut, but like I said, just an opinion.

You see a guy like Andrew Luck, who had the great GPA, and his interviews comes across as very knowledgeable about football and quick to reply to questions with great insight. Bridgewater does not come across the same way to me.
I agree with you.

On the field, Bridgewater seems to be very intelligent. He appears to be ahead of the curve in the mental aspects of the game. But off the field, he doesn't project the same image. To me, he looks nervous in front of cameras. Every time I've seen him do an interview he looks uncomfortable.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014   #2340
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I agree with you.

On the field, Bridgewater seems to be very intelligent. He appears to be ahead of the curve in the mental aspects of the game. But off the field, he doesn't project the same image. To me, he looks nervous in front of cameras. Every time I've seen him do an interview he looks uncomfortable.
Yeah he comes across nervous and as if whatever swagger he has off the field is forced.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read