Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-07-2014   #41
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans bringing in RB Andre Brown for visit

As long as the $600K isn't fully guaranteed...
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #42
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ok with this signing, it doesn't thrill me because of Brown's injury history, but I'd sure like to see the Texans bring in some O-line help. An OT or a guy that can play both OT and OG. We need O-line help more than we need depth at RB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #43
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17470 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
As long as the $600K isn't fully guaranteed...
$645k, vet minimum, zero guarantees.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #44
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm ok with this signing, it doesn't thrill me because of Brown's injury history, but I'd sure like to see the Texans bring in some O-line help. An OT or a guy that can play both OT and OG. We need O-line help more than we need depth at RB.
His name is David Yankey and we will draft him in the 2nd round.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #45
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If you look back at Brown's history, he was an awesome goal line rusher in 2012. He had 8 rushing TDs that way. So I think he definetly helps us in the red zone.

I would like us to take Andre Williams RB from Boston College in the 4th.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #46
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

I would like us to take Andre Williams RB from Boston College in the 4th.
Yes please.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

In a battle of the Brown swapping teams saga, New York got a better deal with ex-Oiler Gary Brown....but Andre Brown is a nice signing despite my ability to amuse myself remembering useless NFL trivia.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

The earrings. I don't get earrings.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you look back at Brown's history, he was an awesome goal line rusher in 2012. He had 8 rushing TDs that way. So I think he definetly helps us in the red zone.
Why do people say this when Foster is one of the best goal line RBs in the league? I mean its always nice to have a guy who is good scoring but it isn't like Foster needed help in that area (putting aside injury - people have been saying it the whole time Foster has been here).
Old 04-08-2014   #50
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never heard Foster needing help at the Goal Line... i dunno what you talking about.
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #51
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
The earrings. I don't get earrings.
Just means he just likes earrings............be thankful he doesn't like dresses!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #52
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why do people say this when Foster is one of the best goal line RBs in the league? I mean its always nice to have a guy who is good scoring but it isn't like Foster needed help in that area (putting aside injury - people have been saying it the whole time Foster has been here).
Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
I never heard Foster needing help at the Goal Line... i dunno what you talking about.
Considering he scored more on Brittany Norwood than he did on the field last year, it's a big concern. Can't go into the season with a RB coming off back surgery and hamstring problems without some sort of plan; even if it is a guy with broken leg issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #53
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't think he'd ever get carries over a healthy Foster, but as you said he's a nice guy to have around. It's a bit unnerving that both are high injury risks.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
In a battle of the Brown swapping teams saga, New York got a better deal with ex-Oiler Gary Brown....but Andre Brown is a nice signing despite my ability to amuse myself remembering useless NFL trivia.
Sure enjoyed that season Gary Brown went off for us and did his "Baby Earl" impersonation. I really thought at the time that we had found something there. He didn't really ever do it again though.

Good memories though.
Old 04-08-2014   #55
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

A signing of so little significance that the title of the thread isn't updated.
Old 04-08-2014   #56
Texas Nomad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas Nomad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans bringing in RB Andre Brown for visit - signed.

Seems like a solid signing on the cheap if he can stay healthy. Maybe they get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle. Not a reference to any blinding speed!
Old 04-08-2014   #57
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope not. I watched him at the Combine and he's got feet of stone, ie: very slow feet. I prefer an OT that should have some agility/athleticism and also be able to play OG as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think you will like my current mock in that forum. See #2 & #4a
Old 04-08-2014   #59
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I hope not. I watched him at the Combine and he's got feet of stone, ie: very slow feet. I prefer an OT that should have some agility/athleticism and also be able to play OG as well.
Are you sure?

STRENGTHS: Natural athlete on the move with very good body control and lower body explosion. Outstanding shuffle footwork and lateral movement skills. Active puller with good coordination to square up his target in motion.
Sets up quickly and gets into position with good base width. Not easily redirected with good core strength and strong hands. Very good initial surge as a lead blocker through the hole. Highly intelligent with above average instincts and awareness.

Hard worker in the weight room -http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737649/david-yankey

"Started in each of the 42 games played at Stanford. Two-time first-team All-Pac-12 pick (2012-13). 2013: First-team All-American selection after starting 13 games at left guard. Helped Stanford rush for school-record 2,904 yards. 2012: Second-team All-American selection after starting all 14 games at left tackle. Played four of five offensive line positions, as well as tight end and wing. Allowed just one sack. " http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...key?id=2543657

and: "- Pretty footwork and has great short area quickness to swivel around and recover" http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/2/10...ew-york-giants
As a blocker, Yankey is a very well-rounded prospect who is prepared for the NFL. He is a technician who is a balanced run- and pass-blocker. Yankey does well opening holes in the ground game and could execute as a man or zone blocker. His pulling is his best asset. Yankey is quick to get around the left side, and when he's on the move, he can blast open some holes. Yankey could stand to improve his power for short-yardage situations to get more of a push.

Yankey is a reliable pass-protector who has the quickness and athleticism to negate speed rushers. He also has enough strength and weight in his lower body to anchor against bull rushers. With some NFL coaching, Yankey should end up being a good pass-protector as a pro.

Yankey is a favorite to be the first guard selected in the 2014 NFL Draft. He could go late in the first round and shouldn't fall out of Round 2. For the NFL, Yankey looks like he can play quickly and will be a long-term starter. "
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014dyankey.php
Old 04-08-2014   #60
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Are you sure?

STRENGTHS: Natural athlete on the move with very good body control and lower body explosion. Outstanding shuffle footwork and lateral movement skills. Active puller with good coordination to square up his target in motion.
Sets up quickly and gets into position with good base width. Not easily redirected with good core strength and strong hands. Very good initial surge as a lead blocker through the hole. Highly intelligent with above average instincts and awareness.

Hard worker in the weight room -http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737649/david-yankey

"Started in each of the 42 games played at Stanford. Two-time first-team All-Pac-12 pick (2012-13). 2013: First-team All-American selection after starting 13 games at left guard. Helped Stanford rush for school-record 2,904 yards. 2012: Second-team All-American selection after starting all 14 games at left tackle. Played four of five offensive line positions, as well as tight end and wing. Allowed just one sack. " http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...key?id=2543657

and: "- Pretty footwork and has great short area quickness to swivel around and recover" http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/2/10...ew-york-giants
As a blocker, Yankey is a very well-rounded prospect who is prepared for the NFL. He is a technician who is a balanced run- and pass-blocker. Yankey does well opening holes in the ground game and could execute as a man or zone blocker. His pulling is his best asset. Yankey is quick to get around the left side, and when he's on the move, he can blast open some holes. Yankey could stand to improve his power for short-yardage situations to get more of a push.

Yankey is a reliable pass-protector who has the quickness and athleticism to negate speed rushers. He also has enough strength and weight in his lower body to anchor against bull rushers. With some NFL coaching, Yankey should end up being a good pass-protector as a pro.

Yankey is a favorite to be the first guard selected in the 2014 NFL Draft. He could go late in the first round and shouldn't fall out of Round 2. For the NFL, Yankey looks like he can play quickly and will be a long-term starter. "
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014dyankey.php
Sound research. As usual.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read