Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-27-2014   #41
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Irsay arrested on DUI

Quote:
According to The Star, Irsay, through slurred speech, admitted to taking several medications but refused to submit to a blood test.

Police found $29,029 in cash and a number of prescription medication bottles in the Toyota Highlander that Irsay was driving in an upscale area of the suburb north of Indianapolis. The report said that Irsay was driving erratically, travelling at about 10 miles an hour in a 35 mph zone, then came to a complete stop for no apparent reason.
Irsays got 29 large on him just driving around his neighborhood, and me, I take maybe 3 or 4 hundred bucks cold cash with me when I go to Vegas for a weekend. Obviously, total piker here.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #42
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Irsays got 29 large on him just driving around his neighborhood, and me, I take maybe 3 or 4 hundred bucks cold cash with me when I go to Vegas for a weekend. Obviously, total piker here.

For a billionaire 29k in cash isn't a big deal. For personal reference 300-400 for weekend Vegas run seems a bit weak to me
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Irsay -- like father, like son?
Colts' owner was sensitive to his father's substance-abuse issues.
Quote:
..Jim Thompson, owner of Daddy Jack's, who notes that Irsay had visited the establishment more lately.

"I knew his father. He used to come in a lot. I never saw him sober. I'd go to shake his hand, and he'd grab my hand and pull me over the table and knock over glasses, and I was like, 'Oh my God.' He was not really that nice of a man, to tell you the truth. Jimmy's a lot nicer than his dad. I was expecting the worst, and getting to know Jimmy kind of changed my mind on the family. And they have been very good for this community."

Nasty stories abound about the late Robert Irsay, the liquor he consumed, the people he infuriated, the hearts he broke in 1984 when he whisked the Colts out of Baltimore in a caravan of Mayflower trucks in the dead of the night and relocated the team to Indianapolis. But Jim Irsay was damned if he'd be that guy. He learned from his father's mistakes. He spent a lifetime vowing to be kind and rational, sharp and football-savvy. He'd be one of the NFL's best owners instead of the worst...
Carlie Irsay-Gordon, 33, is leading the way in Indy
Quote:
"She'll do well. She's a sharp business person," former Colts assistant and current Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. "She's very much like her father, she has great personality, she's extremely bright, she has a good feeling for people. I've worked for a bunch of owners, and Jim Irsay -- he talks about faith, family and football. It's real. And she has that same mindset."

Irsay-Gordon joins principle owners Martha Ford, widow of the late Detroit Lions owner Bill Ford, Sr., and Virginia McCaskey of the Chicago Bears, as the only females running NFL franchises...
Irsay has to get clean, reach to others
Quote:
Irsay has the money (he's worth an estimated $1.6 billion) to make a difference for not only himself but for others. As he has proven, substance addiction is not easy to overcome. He has battled pain pill addiction long before his latest arrest. Once clean -- hopefully sooner than later -- Irsay and his outgoing personality can become a public figure in helping those who have a daily struggle of drug and alcohol addiction. Since 2003, there have been more overdoses involving painkillers than heroin and cocaine combined, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014   #44
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

More loss of life...
Quote:
A sports law and ethics expert, as well as a source familiar with NFL operations, told The Indianapolis Star that the policy could lead Goodell to also ask about Irsay's relationship and associations outside of the Colts, including with an Indianapolis woman with a drug history of her own — a woman who died of a suspected drug overdose two weeks before Irsay's arrest. Her body was found in a $139,500 townhouse Irsay gave her last August.

Like Irsay, Kimberly Wundrum, 42, had a history of drug problems before she died March 1.

Wundrum's sister, Rhonda Wundrum, who has worked as Irsay's personal masseuse, said in an email her sister and Irsay were "former friends" but did not elaborate. A former neighbor of Kimberly Wundrum told The Star that Irsay sometimes visited Kimberly Wundrum, and that she once introduced the team owner to him.

"I cannot speak for them, and Kim cannot speak for herself," Rhonda Wundrum said. "My sister was a kind, loving and gentle person who had a long struggle, and her attempts to rise above her struggles were not successful."

Kimberly Wundrum was arrested twice on drug charges in the seven months before her death. She was arrested Aug. 30 in Miami County, Ohio, on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and felony drug possession. Police found her with 18 "nonprescribed Vicodin ... and 0.6 grams of crushed, nonprescribed Adderall."

On Jan. 4, she was arrested in Boone County on charges of possession of a controlled substance, operating a vehicle while intoxicated with drugs in her system and criminal recklessness after she was stopped driving the wrong way on I-65 and almost hitting a police car.

Her drug-related ties go back years. While she was married to an attorney in Florida, he pleaded guilty in 1997 to federal tax charges and was sentenced to 15 months in prison for failing to report $364,000 in transactions he conducted for a man identified in court documents as a drug dealer. They were divorced in 2003, and he died in 2005 of a drug overdose.

While investigating the scene of Kimberly Wundrum's death, a police report lists evidence gathered at the scene as an "orange plate w/white powder, straw, razor." They also found photographs of Irsay in the home of the former homecoming queen candidate at Brownsburg High School in 1990.
Old 05-23-2014   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jim Irsay faces two misdemeanor charges after arrest
Quote:
Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay has been charged with two misdemeanors in connection with a March traffic stop that led to his arrest on suspicion of intoxicated driving.

In paperwork obtained Friday by NFL Media, the Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney's Office filed one count of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a class C misdemeanor, and one count of operating a vehicle with a schedule I or II controlled substance or its metabolite in the body, also a class C misdemeanor...
http://www.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/v6/...6578_52493.pdf
Old 05-23-2014   #46
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87983 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Rehab AFTER serving his time. NOT BEFORE which is the standard practice for celebrities.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that people around the league believe Goodell will give Irsay a suspension of six to eight games and a fine of about $1 million.

We still donít know what a suspension of an owner would constitute...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rsay/#comments
Old 06-08-2014   #48
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
We still donít know what a suspension of an owner would constitute...
Can't be at the games, can't have any contact with the team would be my guess.
Old 09-02-2014   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Mark Alesia @markalesia
Quote:
Key element of suspension, considering previous relapses: "Irsay will be subject to ongoing treatment, counseling, and testing"

#colts Irsay suspension takes effect 5 p.m. Wednesday. May not be at the club's facility, attend any practices or games . . .

Per suspension, Irsay not allowed at team facility, games, practices. No media interviews or social media, either. Can return Oct. 9.

Breaking: Colts owner Jim Irsay suspended 6 games, fined $500,000 by NFL. http://indy.st/1pDFZhO

.@JimIrsay evaded media by taking tunnel from court to admin bldg across street. Took off in Range Rover. #colts

Part of probation for @JimIrsay is not consuming or possessing alcohol. #colts

.@JimIrsay had already lost license for 1 yr after refusing blood test following arrest. Cops got warrant. #colts

Judge said he assumed @JimIrsay would be able to get around without driver's license. Irsay said yes. Loses license for 1 yr 40 days. #colts

Defense atty w experience in cases similar to @jimirsay's said judge asking him about addiction was "appropriate in this case but unusual."

Judge asked @JimIrsay if he's still taking medication. Some is for pain, "all prescribed by my dr, who's an addictionologist." #colts

Judge asked if @jimirsay is receiving treatment. Atty said it's been "ongoing since day of the arrest." #colts

Prosecutor's spokesman said @JimIrsay showed prescriptions for pills. That's why felony charges not filed. #colts

Judge said if OWI happens again within 5 yrs it's a felony

Plea for @JimIrsay: will be tested for drugs during probation. 1 yr probation #colts

Guilty Plea for @JimIrsay: Toxicology tests showed oxycodone, hydrocodone

Plea for @JimIrsay guilty to one misdemeanor
Old 09-08-2014   #50
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I must be overly suspicious or something. It just seems to me the Texans are always "the first game [insert name here] is eligible." I get that he's an owner, but players tend to rally around situations like this.

And let's face it, we all know Al Davis died when he did just because it was the only way the Raiders could win Texans game.
Old 10-10-2014   #51
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
Quote:
What can I say? I could say something,but nothing IS something;nothing isn't nothing,if I say it;it's something.No things are nothing things
Welp, that didn't take long.
Old 10-10-2014   #52
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

Welp, that didn't take long.
This retarded trust fund baby is part of the reason why I hate the Colts.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #53
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

The Shadow Life Of Jim Irsay
Quote:
KIMBERLY WUNDRUM'S friends passed by the lilacs and lilies and other flowers that she loved, but it was the blue orchids by her open casket, arranged in the shape of a horseshoe, that stopped some cold. Jim Irsay, the 55-year-old owner of the Indianapolis Colts, had sent the flowers, which was typical of the kind of thing he did. The billionaire had a habit of donating generously to local charities and businesses. But he also reached out to individuals, most notably on Twitter, often directly helping those who are struggling.

But this wasn't just a chance for Irsay to extend a thoughtful gesture to a bereaved family -- a family of Colts fans. The blue orchids were his way of saying goodbye to the woman he'd lived with off and on for nearly a decade. Many of the mourners on that chilly March 7 afternoon had been guests of Kim's at Colts games, according to half a dozen people in attendance, some even at Super Bowls, to which they rode party buses with police escorts and then lounged in luxury suites. They had spent time with Jim and Kim in the suburban home they shared, and read the love notes he left for her. They knew that, when Kim didn't have her hands in the dirt of one of her gardens, she wore the diamond ring Jim had placed on her finger. She called it an engagement ring.

Yet Jim's relationship with Kim -- as seen through documents, social media feeds and interviews with more than a dozen friends and family members over the course of three months -- was far from normal. Irsay, whose net worth of $1.7 billion comes in large part from his ownership of the Colts and the publicly financed, $720 million, Lucas Oil Stadium, bought Kim three separate residences over their roughly eight years together, each one a place she could call home. But he kept himself at arm's length. He wouldn't take Kim to a movie unless it was a matinee, or risk a restaurant unless they were out of town, and even then it had to be with a group. Jim would leave her at the luxurious home they shared to go to Colts charity events and pose with his wife, Meg, from whom he was legally separated.

On March 2, Kim was found alone dead of a drug overdose at the age of 42, in the condo Jim had bought for her. It had been a year since their romance had dissolved, since Jim had found another woman and had Kim moved out of the home they shared. At her viewing, Kim's friends sat wondering whether Jim would show up, but the blue orchids were the only sign of him.

Nine days after the funeral, on March 16, a police officer pulled Irsay over near the home he'd bought for his new girlfriend and found a laundry bag full of pills in the front seat of his SUV. After he was arrested and charged with four felony drug counts, a mug shot revealed a gaunt prisoner having trouble keeping his eyes open.

In reporting on his arrest, local media tied Irsay to Wundrum in only the most perfunctory way, noting that she lived in residences he'd bought through a trust but portraying her as little more than a friend. He never challenged that narrative, much less described the effect her death had on him.

Irsay declined... to address his relationship with Wundrum...

But an in-depth look at their life together reveals the story that was completely overshadowed by the mug shot that went viral.

His Warning Signs

Jim Irsay's dealings with the Indianapolis police go back two decades, to an episode in 1995 when a detective named Irene Conder discovered his name in the files of a doctor who was under suspicion of running a pill mill.

Irsay, then the GM of the Colts, had been a...
Old 10-15-2014   #54
JPPT1974
Merry Christmas

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Jim Irsay is back with the Colts again!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read