Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2014   #21
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Non Monumental Texans Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yep Terapin was coming around near the end of the year.
Tarpinian? Yeah, he was a pleasant surprise. He earned a spot as depth.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Tarpinian? Yeah, he was a pleasant surprise. He earned a spot as depth.
Thanks......kept on looking at the spelling......didn't look right........but was too lazy to look it up.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #23
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brice McCain was signed by the Steelers for a one year contract. Glad he is gone. He wont be in our camp this season.
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #24
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i kept hoping that mccain would return to his 2011(?) form. he does have cover skills and few realize how absurdly fast he is, but he just doesnt have the instincts and quick reactions needed to play inside. i could (very likely) be wrong, but i think mccain would do a whole lot better playing outside on early downs than he does inside on late downs and short yardage.

to that point (and off topic), since i'm thinking about it, kareem has looked really good when moved inside. i think he has a level that we rarely see, one that only comes out when truly challenged - such as being tasked with eliminating megatron or welker. that level seems to show up more when he moves inside, or at least it appears so in my memory.
Old 04-03-2014   #25
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

tarpinian was definitely coming on at the end of the year. i see a very low ceiling, nothing more than a backup, but a good backup to have.
Old 04-03-2014   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i kept hoping that mccain would return to his 2011(?) form. he does have cover skills and few realize how absurdly fast he is, but he just doesnt have the instincts and quick reactions needed to play inside. i could (very likely) be wrong, but i think mccain would do a whole lot better playing outside on early downs than he does inside on late downs and short yardage.
Agreed. I'd bet he'll be used more on the outside, if he gets on the field with Pittsburgh. He's not very tall, but he's got the speed & instincts to get the job done. I don't think he'll ever be Revis, but he can still be an asset if used according to his strengths.
Old 04-03-2014   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain has an aversion to tackling.

Not good for a CB playing on the outside.

PFF's worst ranked CB is gone. BOB/RAC doing some more housecleaning. Good job
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain has absolutely zero anticipation of what the WR or QB are going to do. All the athleticism in the world doesn't make up for football stupid.

There was a game Deion was on the sidelines because the Cowboys were way up. He was yelling at his sub to watch for a certain set and move and pick the pass. Dude just didn't get it. Deion pulled him, went into the game and picked the pass on the next play. McCain is the dude - even led to water he can't figure out to drink.
Old 04-03-2014   #29
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
PFF's worst ranked CB is gone. BOB/RAC doing some more housecleaning. Good job
by theirs or another's rating he had a top 10 cornerback season only a couple years ago (#1 nickel if i remember correctly). the talent is there, the athleticism is excessive. whether he and a coaching staff put it all together is highly doubtful, but mccain can most certainly play. i'm fine that we cut him, and actually glad, but part of me is also disappointed because i believe he has more potential that may yet come out.

Last edited by Scooter; 04-03-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read