Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2014   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
You are right, Posey was never a true slot WR. Depending on the type of offense BOB runs I don't see him or Martin having a future past next year here. I like Posey though, he can have a Lance Moore type of impact but, again, I have no idea what BOB's offense will look like in the NFL.
Well.

Imagine the New England offense without Tom Brady and I think we have a starting spot.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #22
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So the team was campaigning for Posey and Kubiak was still limiting Posey? Wow! Says alot.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
O'Brien is the one who said he doesn't think the team has a true slot reciever at this point.

Slot guys come in many forms, but all that matters is what form OB wants.
just got around to reading the town hall stuff..so gotcha
Old 04-02-2014   #24
CuseFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respectedCuseFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Lemon is still on the practice squad?
Lemon was on IR last year -- think he makes a push for the slot position this summer. That's his natural spot.
CuseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseFan View Post
Lemon was on IR last year -- think he makes a push for the slot position this summer. That's his natural spot.
Lemon at Syracuse was used both as a slot and wide receiver. He really doesn't have speed. But due to his superior route running, he was virtually unstoppable as a slot. I see him as big slot/possession version of Wes Welker.

Even though at first the Texans put him on IR for an "unnamed injury," the "unnamed injury" ends up being a right hamstring tear. He's had plenty of time to recover/rehab and hopefully it does not become a recurrent problem.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #26
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseFan View Post
The late draft pick a bonner also seems like stereotypical slot.
Old 04-02-2014   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Yes. I hope he doesn't go overlooked in this process. OB's comments may have been limited to those with game tape, i.e. Keyshawn ain't it.
Old 04-02-2014   #28
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Lemon at Syracuse was used both as a slot and wide receiver. He really doesn't have speed. But due to his superior route running, he was virtually unstoppable as a slot. I see him as big slot/possession version of Wes Welker.

Even though at first the Texans put him on IR for an "unnamed injury," the "unnamed injury" ends up being a right hamstring tear. He's had plenty of time to recover/rehab and hopefully it does not become a recurrent problem.
Don't forget his hands. Unlike Martin that kid, Lemon, doesn't drop many. Doesn't have alligator arms and he can take a hit with his size. Average 40 time a 4.56, although his best unofficial 40 time was 4.49 (for what it's worth). I've always liked him and he tore it up last preseason.

Still, you're right, he's not a burner, and I suspect the Texans are going to draft one come May.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Don't forget his hands. Unlike Martin that kid, Lemon, doesn't drop many. Doesn't have alligator arms and he can take a hit with his size. Average 40 time a 4.56, although his best unofficial 40 time was 4.49 (for what it's worth). I've always liked him and he tore it up last preseason.

Still, you're right, he's not a burner, and I suspect the Texans are going to draft one come May.
That's why I included "possession" in his description.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
So the team was campaigning for Posey and Kubiak was still limiting Posey? Wow! Says alot.
I didn't get that from what Andre said at all. I thought he said teh Achilles was still a concern for Posey last season, but that's behind him now, he won't be slowed down by thinking about his Achilles in 2014.

Quote:
Typical?? I don't know about that, but yeah... I think he fits the definition we're all thinking about.

I do tend to forget about him.
Old 04-02-2014   #31
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lots and lots of Bonner plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeT7i7A5G_E

Looks like much more of a football player than Keyshawn Martin, whom I don't think should make the team...And at best is a bottom depth chart wr.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #32
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

How would Sammy Watkins look in the slot?
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
How would Sammy Watkins look in the slot?
I think with Andre, DeAndre, & Watkins they'll each switch in & out of that slot position & really fck up some DBs.

Those three can be really, really good at all three positions.
Old 04-02-2014   #34
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think with Andre, DeAndre, & Watkins they'll each switch in & out of that slot position & really fck up some DBs.

Kinda my thinking. AJ has always done well out of the slot, tho you don't want to leave him there all the time. With a running game like Foster will hopefully deliver would be a nightmare for defenses with those 3 at WR. Add in a quality TE or two, BOOM!

Of course that is predicated on having a QB that can get them the ball
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #35
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

That's what I've been saying. I doubt they'll go in that direction but... man... I think that would be awesome.
Old 04-02-2014   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

lets believe in Hopkins cuz hes pretty much yeahhhh our #1 pick LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #37
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's what I've been saying. I doubt they'll go in that direction but... man... I think that would be awesome.
Who's throwing them the ball?
Old 04-02-2014   #38
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
lets believe in Hopkins cuz hes pretty much yeahhhh our #1 pick LOL
What?
Old 04-02-2014   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Who's throwing them the ball?
Tajh Boyd... who was Sammy and Deandre's QB at Clemson?

At first, Fitzpatrick. Next year, who knows. But that trio could make a decent QB look pretty good.
Old 04-02-2014   #40
ArlingtonTexan

Typical?? I don't know about that, but yeah... I think he fits the definition we're all thinking about.

I think you just said what I already said...no harm form me btw.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read