Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-01-2014   #1
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

Read the full story: http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...eady-be-roster

Quote:
I think before he had that injury man, we saw the flashes in practice. You noticed he got more playing time and stuff like that, Johnson said. You know guys were actually rooting for him to get on the field. Wed see him in practice we were like, 'Coach, you got to put him out there.'"

After returning so quickly, Posey struggled through the 2013 season physically and this year could be back to the player teammates were campaigning to get on the field back in 2012.

I think the best is yet to come for him, Johnson said confidently. I think hes going to have a breakout year this year. Hes finally healthy and hes not worried about the Achilles and hes just ready to go.
Old 04-01-2014   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

I hope he does well. It will be interesting to see who is throwing to him this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Y'know, after his second 2-14 season, I'm about ready to hear Andre tear somebody a new colon.

Not Devier per se, but somebody.

Dude's just too good to be true.
Old 04-01-2014   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Y'know, after his second 2-14 season, I'm about ready to hear Andre tear somebody a new colon.

Not Devier per se, but somebody.

Dude's just too good to be true.
He's not the only one. 3 #1 picks in 12 years? I am a die hard Oiler fan, even the Oilers would be a juggernaut once every 10 years, not 2 good seasons out of 12 then rebuild for 4 more.

I am on the verge of telling this organization and the NFL to kiss my ass and take up competitive crochet. At lest AJ can go cry into his big bag of money.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

problem is, Devier injury history, see no reason to think different until proven otherwise. medical team has done a poor job for this organization that I'm sure richly rewards them since inception. if they draft another injury prone player with a known medical condition I'll scream

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #6
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson
DeAndre Hopkins
Devier Posey
Alec Lemon
*** New guy ***
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #7
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Andre Johnson
DeAndre Hopkins
Devier Posey
Alec Lemon
*** New guy ***
Lemon is still on the practice squad?
Old 04-01-2014   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Honestly I want to see Bonner in the slot
Old 04-01-2014   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
problem is, Devier injury history, see no reason to think different until proven otherwise. medical team has done a poor job for this organization that I'm sure richly rewards them since inception. if they draft another injury prone player with a known medical condition I'll scream
& Devier isn't a slot receiver. He's an outside guy, like Andre & DeAndre. Fully healthy, I can see a 3 WR formation with those guys putting real pressure on a defense, & I'm looking forward to seeing those three guys on the field at the same time... but when our new coach says we're looking for a slot receiver because we don't have one, I think he's looking for something different than the guys we do have.
Old 04-02-2014   #10
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Andre Johnson
DeAndre Hopkins
Devier Posey
Alec Lemon
*** New guy ***
Keshawn Martin is still with the team the last time I checked.
Old 04-02-2014   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, but does he have an "aura" about him?
Old 04-02-2014   #12
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 50409 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
He's not the only one. 3 #1 picks in 12 years? I am a die hard Oiler fan, even the Oilers would be a juggernaut once every 10 years, not 2 good seasons out of 12 then rebuild for 4 more.

I am on the verge of telling this organization and the NFL to kiss my ass and take up competitive crochet. At lest AJ can go cry into his big bag of money.
Then do it. Every fan wants their team to go to the Super Bowl. Every year. No matter that it is completely illogical. That is what makes us fans.

I moved to Houston in 2003 after the expansion season. I saw a team start from scratch and get to 7-9 in their third year, before their head coach and quarterback were exposed for going as far as they were going to go.

I saw the next head coach and quarterback take a 2-14 back on the track to being a .500 team then improve on to a division winner with playoff wins over a seven year span. Then I saw that head coach and quarterback have their limitations exposed as well and took the team as far as they could.

At any point did the Texans come close to the Super Bowl? No. Have I seen progressions and improvements within each regime and with the regime changes? Obviously yes.

And quite frankly, if you don't say yes, you're just being blinded by your hatred of <insert Kubiak/Smith/McNair> or because of you're unrealistic expectation that it is the norm for an expansion team to reach the Super Bowl within 10 years of existence.

Kubiak didn't take over a consistent 2-14 team. He took over an emerging team that had it's limitations at HC/QB exposed in one cruel season and took it back on the upward trajectory.

OB is not taking over a consistent 2-14 team either. He took over a good team that had it's limitations at HC/QB exposed in one cruel season.

But that doesn't fit the narrative of the cursed Houston sports fan suffering with a "2-14" team...
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ has had a knack for coming out in support of players that go on to fade deeply into dark holes. Posey is not a slot reciever. Even in college, he was known to hear hoof beats coming across the middle, losing all physicality in that position. He also did not handle being bumped at the line very well. Coming off of his Achilles, he may never regain his sudden burst or ability to make sudden changes in direction. With his 4.50 40, I don't know that his long game in the softer college game will ever translate into the NFL.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #14
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
And quite frankly, if you don't say yes, you're just being blinded by your hatred of <insert Kubiak/Smith/McNair> or because of you're unrealistic expectation that it is the norm for an expansion team to reach the Super Bowl within 10 years of existence.

But that doesn't fit the narrative of the cursed Houston sports fan suffering with a "2-14" team...
right, they're adding the Oiler's failure to win an AFC Championship game to the Texans.
Old 04-02-2014   #15
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Devier too.

I like our receiving corps as a whole...except for Keyshawn Martin. Not a fan.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #16
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Keshawn Martin is still with the team the last time I checked.
Yeah, and I'm saying he won't be. Lemon will be elevated. There's a reason he was fake IR. Get Lemon in practice with a new regime and Martin is as good as gone. If OB is true to his word it won't matter where a player was drafted.

I'm not even sure Posey is safe. He's great after the catch but gets very little separation.

Then again, in all fairness, I've thought for a long time that Larry Kirksey wasn't getting the job done as WR coach...so we might see a difference in performance across the board with a change (I hope).
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

3rd WR does not always mean slot WR...i.e. a little quick guy or TE spread out. In fact, if anything more teams probably don't have a 3rd WR like Wes welker than do. Plenty of ways that a Posey, AJ, Hopkins trio could operate without one of them being what is now thought of a 'true" slot player.
Old 04-02-2014   #18
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
3rd WR does not always mean slot WR...i.e. a little quick guy or TE spread out. In fact, if anything more teams probably don't have a 3rd WR like Wes welker than do. Plenty of ways that a Posey, AJ, Hopkins trio could operate without one of them being what is now thought of a 'true" slot player.
O'Brien is the one who said he doesn't think the team has a true slot reciever at this point.

Slot guys come in many forms, but all that matters is what form OB wants.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

I was a huge Oilers fan, as well. But, if we are honest with ourselves, the Oilers really accomplished jack squat in four decades. Their peak was Luv Ya Blue years when they went to back-to-back AFC Championship games. They certainly accomplished nothing notable in 7 straight playoff years with the run-and-shoot team. Heck, if anything, they left us with deep emotional scars from choking away leads in playoff games with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL at the time.

In all honesty, you've got to let the Oilers history go if you are going to truly embrace the Texans as a fan. I had to do it, others the same, or you end up bringing bitterness to a team that does not deserve it and certainly did not earn it.

We have a good owner with Bob McNair. He has built a first class franchise with regards to how they operate and the facilities, not to mention fan service and how much respect they seem to have for the Texans fan base.

Winning is a process. If it was easy, everyone would do it, right? I'm a cynical person, so I get what you're saying, but you have to give the new regime a chance before giving up completely. I know you were probably joking, but just figured I'd comment as I know where you're coming from and would hate to see you miss out on something special in the next few years.

[/off topic]
Old 04-02-2014   #20
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& Devier isn't a slot receiver. He's an outside guy, like Andre & DeAndre. Fully healthy, I can see a 3 WR formation with those guys putting real pressure on a defense, & I'm looking forward to seeing those three guys on the field at the same time... but when our new coach says we're looking for a slot receiver because we don't have one, I think he's looking for something different than the guys we do have.
You are right, Posey was never a true slot WR. Depending on the type of offense BOB runs I don't see him or Martin having a future past next year here. I like Posey though, he can have a Lance Moore type of impact but, again, I have no idea what BOB's offense will look like in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read