Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-01-2014   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Playoff Parity: Your AFC Projection

I posted this in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I still think we're going to be competitive next season though. I believe we have a stronger core than most of the teams on our schedule. I don't think we'll be in the division hunt come December, but we'll be a strong contender for a Wild Card.
Got me to thinking about the play off turnover that usually happens from year to year. Most specifically, the AFC.
Quote:
The NFL proudly trumpets its playoff parity, with an average of five new teams making the postseason annually since 2000. Last season, six teams made the playoffs that didn't in 2010 -- Texans, Broncos, Bengals, 49ers, Giants and Lions. With that in mind, which five 2011 playoff teams won't be back and who will replace them?
That was a couple of years back. In 2013, the AFC Play off teams were
  1. Denver Broncos
  2. New England Patriots
  3. Cincinnati Bengals
  4. Indianapolis Colts
  5. Kansas City Chiefs
  6. San Diego Chargers

Both Kansas City (2-14) & San Diego (7-9) missed the play-offs in 2012. The Chiefs had a pretty good year finishing 11-5, the Chargers got in at 9-7 after beating the Chiefs in week 17. Had they lost that game, then the Pittsburgh Steelers would have won the final Wild-Card slot at 8-8.

So... it's a little early, but the idea is to get your early outlook for the upcoming season, who do you think will be in & who will be out of the 2014 AFC play offs?
Old 04-01-2014   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoff Parity: Your AFC Projection

Granted that it's WAY too early...

I expect the Division Winners to be:

1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Broncos

I expect the Wild Card teams to be:

1. Bengals
2. Chargers

I expect KC to drop back. And I'm half-expecting the Bengals to fall all the way out of the playoffs as well.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Granted that it's WAY too early...

I expect the Division Winners to be:

1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Broncos

I expect the Wild Card teams to be:

1. Bengals
2. Chargers

I expect KC to drop back. And I'm half-expecting the Bengals to fall all the way out of the playoffs as well.

I think if we split with the Colts we will push them to the very end. They get the Pats and Broncos this time around and I don't see them beating either.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking
  1. Patriots
  2. Broncos
  3. Bengals
  4. Colts
  5. Texans
  6. Steelers

Chiefs & Chargers out. Texans & Steelers take their place.
Old 04-01-2014   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My best guess at this point:

1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore
5. Kansas City
6. Cincinnati

7. San Diego
8. Pittsburgh
9. New York
10. Houston

Definitely feel that after next season we will start to see a serious contender again though. I really think O'Brien has a plan.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
My best guess at this point:

1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Baltimore
5. Kansas City
6. Cincinnati

7. San Diego
8. Pittsburgh
9. New York
10. Houston.
You've got us being better than
  • Clevland
  • Jacksonville
  • Oakland
  • Buffalo
  • Tennessee
  • Miami

You sure we can't be better than New York?
Old 04-01-2014   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
  • Clevland
  • Jacksonville
  • Oakland
  • Buffalo
  • Tennessee
  • Miami

No, not sure. Not enough information yet. I'll probably end up switching us with NY after the draft, when I have a better idea of what we're looking at. Right now though, this upcoming season looks bleak.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2014   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
  • Clevland
  • Jacksonville
  • Oakland
  • Buffalo
  • Tennessee
  • Miami

I'd balk on us being better than Buffalo or Tennessee next year.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna throw the Jaguars out there as my wild, wild card...

Really like Gus Bradley. He changed that lockerroom's mentality last year. Great guy. No idea how he's gonna do it, though.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Really like Gus Bradley. He changed that lockerroom's mentality last year. Great guy. No idea how he's gonna do it, though.
I'm drafting for the Jags in the Texan's Talk draft this year and they've got a ton of picks in the heart of this draft. They'd have to really screw things up not to be greatly improved next season.
Old 04-01-2014   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Quote:
I'm drafting for the Jags in the Texan's Talk draft this year and they've got a ton of picks in the heart of this draft. They'd have to really screw things up not to be greatly improved next season.
Unfortunately, I think Bradley will have that team headed in the right direction pretty soon.
Old 04-01-2014   #12
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8553 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

• Miami
  • Kansas City
  • Indianapolis
  • Cincinnati
  • New England
  • Baltimore
I think Denver is going to have a horrible season.
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #13
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

- New England
- Denver
- KC
- Indy
- Pitt
- Houston

Old 04-01-2014   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
- New England
- Denver
- KC
- Indy
- Pitt
- Houston

Don't hide brother, you're not alone.
Old 04-01-2014   #15
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Miami will sneak in this year. The Ravens will fight the Bengals for that AFCN spot.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots
Bengals
Ravens
Colts
Titans
Broncos
Chiefs

Those teams will have a greater numbers of wins this season than the Texans will. After that, I think the Texans will be in the middle or a little higher than the rest of the mediocre teams. The Texans will not be a turd this year, but they're not ready to really shine either. I realize that's vague, it's just I'd be a bit surprised to see the Texans in 2nd place in the AFCS this season is all. My prediction for the AFCS is:

Dolts
Titans
Texans
Jags

The only thing that might change from that is the Titans and Texans changing places.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Unfortunately, I think Bradley will have that team headed in the right direction pretty soon.
That's what I'm afraid of.
Old 04-01-2014   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That's what I'm afraid of.
I think Whisenhunt upgrades the AFCS coaching pool as well. Pagano, Bradley, & Whisenhunt... I hope OB can keep up, actually I'm hoping he'll be leading the pack, but keeping up wouldn't be too bad, not with this group.
Old 04-02-2014   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

uhhhhh

#1 Kansas CITY CHEIFS !!!

#2 Patriots ....Juss cus

# 3 Bengals

#4 Colts

WC

#5 Chargers

#6 Browns ..WHY not misery gots to end one day right

I see the colts OWNING da SOUTH like always unless Johnny football goes to the jags and somehow has that one rookie magical season

Peyton manning will get hurt and miss some games and the way Denver played in the SB will roll over to the regular Season and they WILL TANK IT

and the bengals will be the bengals and just MURK everyone in the Regular season only to fall short in the playoffs

same thing with the chiefs

thanks to the new movie Draft day that will have some sort of Anit curse effect and the browns will hit on all there Draft picks and get a NEw QB whoever that is and go on a magical run
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Patriots
Bengals
Ravens
Colts
Titans
Broncos
Chiefs

Those teams will have a greater numbers of wins this season than the Texans will. After that, I think the Texans will be in the middle or a little higher than the rest of the mediocre teams. The Texans will not be a turd this year, but they're not ready to really shine either. I realize that's vague, it's just I'd be a bit surprised to see the Texans in 2nd place in the AFCS this season is all. My prediction for the AFCS is:

Dolts
Titans
Texans
Jags

The only thing that might change from that is the Titans and Texans changing places.
With Chris Johnson gone and their QB situation as bad as ours is, do you still see the Titans making any sort of noise this season?
I don't.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read