Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2014   #221
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O達rien Explains What Type Of Quarterback He Wants

Makes me wondering if he IS doing the Jedi mind tricks by talking so much about some of these guys when he was silent for so long about the team in general. Get a few teams lined up behind him in the draft scared that they are going to get their guy because OB is talking about him, and they pull the trigger on giving away the farm to get the 1.1 pick. Not saying it's happening, but if I were to have a tendency to wear tinfoil hats, I could convince myself of it.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #222
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Just maybe he thinks he's got as good a guy on this roster as there is in this draft. And that guy is already used to NFL speed. That guy has already seen NFL coverages. And by "good" I mean NFL ready.
I thought that was a possibility until they signed Fitzpatrick. I'd have signed Brady Quin or someone like that if I thought I had the guy on my roster, if I were going to sign anyone at all.

The money spent on Fitzpatrick could have been spent on a player to help us win games instead of a benchwarmer.
Old 03-26-2014   #223
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think O'Brien is doing this the way it should be done. He's "kicking the tires" on every prospect he can to see who fits what he wants to do with this offense.

Size, scrambling ability, pure arm strength, and all those other Oooh, Aaaah things are not as high on his list as football smarts, passing accuracy, and work ethic.

Just maybe he thinks he's got as good a guy on this roster as there is in this draft. And that guy is already used to NFL speed. That guy has already seen NFL coverages. And by "good" I mean NFL ready.

Perhaps this year may just be between "Fitzy" (anyone else notice that O'Brien gave him a nickname already), Keenum, and Yates. The new boy - no matter what round he's picked - might just have to watch this season. ...unless he's a real quick study.
This is where I'm putting my bets.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #224
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
oh snap... next you'll be trying to convince me there is no Santa Claus.
Oh, there's a Santa Claus, no doubt about it.

However, I hate to break to you, but the elves are really underpaid and overworked Chinese labor.
Old 03-26-2014   #225
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Oh, there's a Santa Claus, no doubt about it.

However, I hate to break to you, but the elves are really underpaid and overworked Chinese labor.

I can't heeeear you.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #226
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

So what was put on display today for Bill O'Brien and the Texans was not a preview of Johnny Manziel's football potential...

What was previewed was the media storm that will envelop your team if you tab Manziel as your quarterback. Obviously not intended to take the forefront, but every team present just got a firsthand feel for what comes with Johnny Football.

Some organizations need it. Will OB sign up for that?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #227
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9543 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is the next Tim Tebow. Some team should sign both of them.
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #228
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
So what was put on display today for Bill O'Brien and the Texans was not a preview of Johnny Manziel's football potential...

What was previewed was the media storm that will envelop your team if you tab Manziel as your quarterback. Obviously not intended to take the forefront, but every team present just got a firsthand feel for what comes with Johnny Football.

Some organizations need it. Will OB sign up for that?
NO! OB will not want to deal with Monday Morning Manziel Madness........that lasts game-to-game throughout every week. If Manziel doesn't get totally killed by the D, surely OB will finish off the job.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #229
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I doubt it. From what they said on the radio, ESPN did the same thing for Andrew Luck & Ryan Tannehill. So this is nothing to be scared of.

As a matter of fact, it's something this team needs. Someone who can deliver when the lights are on. Sure, we do fine in our 12 noon (central time) time slot, & we're not bad on Thursday night... but prime time on Sunday, or Monday... yeah we can use a QB who thinks he belongs on that stage.

We're going to have to grow up sooner or later & for an NFL franchise, that means extra media attention, being a media darling.
Old 03-27-2014   #230
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

man so many decesions OB and RIck must make I wonder what they will do go with one of the 3 QB's or get the Star Pass rusher or trade out of #1

...????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #231
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel delivers with the lights on him. He might not have the best mechanics of anyone in this draft, but I will bet that he's the most competitive of all of them. Some guys just thrive under pressure.

This team lacks that culture. That ability to thrive under pressure. It wasn't here with Gary.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #232
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Manziel delivers with the lights on him. He might not have the best mechanics of anyone in this draft, but I will bet that he's the most competitive of all of them. Some guys just thrive under pressure.

This team lacks that culture. That ability to thrive under pressure. It wasn't here with Gary.
People said that about Vince Young. How'd that work out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #233
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You mean the Texans should sign VY to mentor Johnny Fooseball?? What an idea!!
Old 03-27-2014   #234
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I predict, Clowney with 1.1, trade back into the 1st round and Mccarron is the guy.
No need to trade back into the first for McCarron. He'll be there at the top of the 2nd and probably the 3rd. He lasted till the 4th in the mock so waiting would be much more prudent.

1.1 Clowney

Then set up a contingent trade with Atlanta. If Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel are there, trade him for their entire 2014 draft and their 1st in 2015.

6 1600
37 530
68 250
103 88
139 36.5 Oops. Can't trade this one. Trade the 2015 3rd instead 62.
147 32.6
182 18.6
220 3.4
253 or these
255 or these
total 2559 plus 420 for 2015 1st.

Then surprise them all by taking Matthews with 1-6 and taking McCarron in the fourth.

New Texans draft:
1-6
2-33
2-37
3-65
3-68
4-101
4-103
4-135
5-141
5-147
6-177
6-181
6-182
6-211
7-216
7-220
7-256
Atlanta 2015 1st
Atlanta 2015 3rd

Last edited by Marshall; 03-27-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #235
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
No need to trade back into the first for McCarron. He'll be there at the top of the 2nd and probably the 3rd. He lasted till the 4th in the mock so waiting would be much more prudent.

1.1 Clowney

Then set up a contingent trade with Atlanta. If Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel are there, trade him for their entire 2014 draft and their 1st in 2015.

6 1600
37 530
68 250
103 88
139 36.5
147 32.6
182 18.6
220 3.4

Then surprise them all by taking Matthews with 1-6 and taking McCarron in the fourth.
Really? Don't bogart, ppp. Capice?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #236
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
If Manziel has a better work ethic than Vince Young, it shouldn't matter.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #237
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Really? Don't bogart, ppp. Capice?
Uh! No? I've heard the reference, but the definition eludes me. Something to do with Humphrey Bogart I suppose. Capice - understand in Italian I think.

But the trade is right in line with others. ~3000 for ~3000 in trade point value and Atlanta is apparently drooling over Clowney.
Old 03-27-2014   #238
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

1.1 Clowney

6 1600
37 530
68 250
103 88
139 36.5 Oops. Can't trade this one. Trade the 2015 3rd instead 62.
147 32.6
182 18.6
220 3.4
253 or these
255 or these

New Texans draft:
1-6
2-33
2-37
3-65
3-68
4-101
4-103
4-135
5-141
5-147
6-177
6-181
6-182
6-211
7-216
7-220
7-256
Atlanta 2015 1st
Atlanta 2015 3rd
Forget about the "Draft Value Chart" because it means nothing this year.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #239
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Forget about the "Draft Value Chart" because it means nothing this year.
It always means nothing until a trade goes down. I agree it is useless in determining the value of career play, but it does a fair job of estimating Potential value used in trades.

But say it's gone. How much would you expect in a trade for this years number one?
Old 03-27-2014   #240
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I had no idea that draft day trades and all were what OB is looking for in a QB. For some strange reason I thought it was a Tom Brady clone. Gotta love the off season!!! NOT!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read