Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014   #2841
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 51498 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Chester Pitts bought what Manziel was selling! Going nuts about him on 610

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014   #2842
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Longhorn homer just can't handle an Aggie with some skill.

You too are ignorant if you can watch today's showing and still say he has "questionable work ethic." Nearly every area scouts said he needed improvement on, he showed improvement. The one thing he did wrong was drop his arm a few times.

I really don't know what world it is you people live in.
Whatever dude. I was a VY zealot just like you're a JF zealot and the similiarities are stunning. I couldn't be reasoned with just like you can't be reasoned with.

Longhorns and Aggies don't factor into this at all for me. The war ended for me when A&M left the Big 12.

"Questionable work ethic" really points to how much into film the guy is. I haven't seen or heard anything yet that tells me he's a cerebral QB. The biggest ding on his work ethic IMO is when he walked out/was thrown out of the Manning Passing Academy.

I don't put a lot of stock in Pro Days anyway. They're set up to make it damn near impossible for the participants not to look good.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 03-27-2014   #2843
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I've never seen Dallas fans with any real enmity towards Houston. My cousin is five, six years older than me and grew up in Austin is a dedicated Cowboys fan and doesn't mind cheering for the Texans. Unfortunately he's also a Horn fan... but you take the good with the bad, right?

Point is, I've only seen Dallas hate coming from Houston, never vice versa.
Yep, a person can be a Cowboys fan and a Texans fan. This isn't 1990s Gangsta Rap.
Old 03-27-2014   #2844
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I've never seen Dallas fans with any real enmity towards Houston. My cousin is five, six years older than me and grew up in Austin is a dedicated Cowboys fan and doesn't mind cheering for the Texans. Unfortunately he's also a Horn fan... but you take the good with the bad, right?

Point is, I've only seen Dallas hate coming from Houston, never vice versa.
I guess you have never lived in dfw.
Old 03-27-2014   #2845
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Whatever dude. I was a VY zealot just like you're a JF zealot and the similiarities are stunning. I couldn't be reasoned with just like you can't be reasoned with.

Longhorns and Aggies don't factor into this at all for me. The war ended for me when A&M left the Big 12.

"Questionable work ethic" really points to how much into film the guy is. I haven't seen or heard anything yet that tells me he's a cerebral QB. The biggest ding on his work ethic IMO is when he walked out/was thrown out of the Manning Passing Academy.

I don't put a lot of stock in Pro Days anyway. They're set up to make it damn near impossible for the participants not to look good.
Well, when you put it that way, you sound much more reasonable
Just yanking your chain man. I understand the reservations (I have several too) but as an Ag I find it hard not to enjoy today. Either way, that's not important: the million dollar question is how much did Bill O'Brien weigh this pro-day in his overall evaluation of Manziel, of course.
Old 03-27-2014   #2846
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
... Manziel is twice the player VY was. He's ... faster...
Manziel ran faster than 4.58?
Old 03-27-2014   #2847
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
And Manziel is a rouge scholar? Please.

Its a damn pro day and you are ready to have children with him
That's RHODES scholar there genius.... the same IQ as VY, suck it teasips, your days of unwarranted superiority are over
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 03-27-2014   #2848
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A rouge scholar? Someone who studies women's makeup?

Do you mean "rogue"? As in someone who's off-the-reservation?

Or do you mean Rhodes Scholar?

Seriously, though. I'm not sure where you're going with that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
Old 03-27-2014   #2849
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

A rouge scholar? Someone who studies women's makeup?

Do you mean "rogue"? As in someone who's off-the-reservation?

Or do you mean Rhodes Scholar?

Seriously, though. I'm not sure where you're going with that.
That's all A's at LSU .

Round Dan
Old 03-27-2014   #2850
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cossell talked about this and his opinion Manziel is unwilling/unable to pick up the play designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I guess you have never lived in dfw.
I grew up there. Care to fill me in because his comment is spot on. It is a one way rivalry.
Old 03-27-2014   #2851
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Its a damn pro day and you are ready to have children with him
That's an awesome typo.
Old 03-27-2014   #2852
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 03-27-2014   #2853
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
That's RHODES scholar there genius.... the same IQ as VY, suck it teasips, your days of unwarranted superiority are over
Anyone who questions my objectivity should know that I just LMAO'ed at this.

Is it 2014 or 2006? Live or Memorex?
Old 03-27-2014   #2854
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys, first time long time, thanks for taking my call...I'm curious since no one has surprisingly brought this up, what's the comparison in hype and/or as pro prospects between johnny and VY in 06? Love the show, and I'll hang up and listen.
Old 03-27-2014   #2855
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Cossell talked about this and his opinion Manziel is unwilling/unable to pick up the play designs.
Then that tells me all I need to know.
Old 03-27-2014   #2856
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So you're labeling him with poor work ethic because of a QB camp that meant nothing but you don't put stock into pro days? And you're labeling him with poor work ethic because you haven't heard he was a cerebral QB or that he doesn't watch film?

You should say these things out loud to hear how stupid they sound before you hit submit. You're making yourself look foolish.
Old 03-27-2014   #2857
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I grew up there. Care to fill me in because his comment is spot on. It is a one way rivalry.
Funny, I've heard garbage since the Texans inception. Considering half my family is still there and they represent part of the incessant stream, it's assuredly NOT one-way.

I'll give you 70/30 or so though.
Old 03-27-2014   #2858
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It should...about Cossell.
Old 03-27-2014   #2859
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You already knew all you needed to know. Your mind was made up before this started.
Old 03-27-2014   #2860
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8553 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

All of my uncles and cousins on my mother's side live in the Dallas area and growing up all ever heard was their bs about the Cowboys. So, in my experience it came from them first.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read