Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2004   #21
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Oh... and also

Carr looked very good as did Johnson
Starling looks like he is making a case to be the 5th receiver.
Moses looked good returning that one kickoff.
Steve Cheeks? is having a great preseason.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #22
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

1. There was an injury to Hollings. I believe he hurt his ribs. That is a position that the Texans are already injury riddled anyway. I do believe he continued to play but he was hobbled.

2. Banks has already said he wants to go someplace where he could start. I'm not familiar enough with other teams QB needs but I think he'll be gone by choice next year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #23
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Hollings has bruised ribs per the chronic today. Nothing positive on the xrays - he left right after the play when he got tagged.

I think that was the plan anyway for Ragone to move up to #2 and then the TxTech Qb we just go this year (sorry, forgot the name) to slide into #3 for next year.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004   #24
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Texans showed much yesterday. They didn't open the playbook all the way and it could be that Capers doesn't want to show much to the rest of the league what they will do this year. They wanted to see how Hollings would play his second week, whether he would fumble the ball or not. All in all it was a poor showing but performances like this is more of an exception than the rule for our team.
Old 08-22-2004   #25
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
TP - not looking for a m.b. fight... yeah they played poorly and yeah, we're a bit upset the TEXANS didn't bring their best game. Yep, we were also exstatic when they beat the cowboys, why shouldn't the fans react as such? To be happy when we get a win and frustrated when we lose.

I was and still am excited about the Texans beating the Cowboys last week. We as fans should be excited about that. That was not the point I was making.

I was simple making the point that there are many people who said last week that it was awsome that we beat the Cowboys and that it counted because "A win is a win" and it didn't matter if it was a preseason game or regular season game.

Then a good portion of those people said after this weeks loss that it wasn't a big deal that we lost a preseason because they don't count and it wouldn't have mattered if we won.

I would just like people to stay consistent with thier opinions. . . If we win great, if we lose, then we suck it up and say, alright...we lost.....Let's not make excuses like it's ok
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004   #26
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Its preseason, game like this happen, the only worry from the game was the way both lines got dominated.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read