Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-27-2014   #1
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Desean Jackson

I was listening to ESPN radio while driving last night and heard them address the rumor of Jackson possibly being shopped. I doubt it would be a good financial fit to the Texans, but the WR concerns with the TExans would be put to rest...

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/26/philade...esean-jackson/
Old 03-27-2014   #2
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Desean Jackson

I like Jackson alot. Even though he is a diva and a baby he does produce and he's in his prime. The problem is he is expensive.
Old 03-27-2014   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans don't have the cap space, and this draft is full of talented WRs.
Old 03-27-2014   #4
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 18057 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #5
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jackson is a gamebreaker but he's also a one-dimensional player, very expensive, and a locker room trouble maker.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #6
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I was listening to ESPN radio while driving last night and heard them address the rumor of Jackson possibly being shopped. I doubt it would be a good financial fit to the Texans, but the WR concerns with the TExans would be put to rest...

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/26/philade...esean-jackson/
I didn't realize we have concerns at wr. Are there any position we're not concern about? Jesus, how did we even win two games last season?

Wr were the only position that has allowed me to get a good night sleep this off-season. Thanks a lot dude. Now I'll lay my head with doubts pressing down on me.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #7
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I didn't realize we have concerns at wr. Are there any position we're not concern about? Jesus, how did we even win two games last season?

Wr were the only position that has allowed me to get a good night sleep this off-season. Thanks a lot dude. Now I'll lay my head with doubts pressing down on me.
LOL.. you are right, WR rates low overall and concern may have been tongue in cheek, so, don't loose any more sleep as a result. I just heard the talk of his potential availability and pondered the thought of Dre, Nuk and D-jax. What a stable. But the expense would surely detract from areas of real need.
Old 03-27-2014   #8
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post

Wow I didn't know he did the same thing before he got to the Eagles. That is just plain dumb.
Old 03-27-2014   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely can't stand Jackson.

I'd be lying if I said he wasn't a good player. But I don't want him on my team.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a hunch, but I don't see WR as being a position with many holes. We have many of other positions that have huge holes throughout our team that need attention

That said, I agree with bah. I'd add....he's a dumbass
Old 03-27-2014   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

He must be as bad as his rep if Kelly wants away from him after the year he just had.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

This has zero chance if happening. Nowhere near enough money. Not even worth discussion. Doubt he even gets traded.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He must be as bad as his rep if Kelly wants away from him after the year he just had.
I read a report, I think it was on rotoworld, that after their season ended he asked for a new contract, even though he got one less than a year ago that pays him more than $10M per year...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Another Aaron Hernandez? Worth a read...

DeSean Jackson's gang connections troubling to Eagles
Quote:
...sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it's Jackson's off-field behavior that concerns the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Now the Eagles have even more serious concerns -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.

Ever since New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with first-degree murder last summer, NFL franchises have been reevaluating how closely they needed to watch their players away from the field. And what Eagles executives see in Jackson, a six-year veteran, is apparently a potential blight on the brand and a bad influence in the locker room.

As a source within the Eagles organization, who requested anonymity, put it: "They are concerned about having him around the younger players."

THE FIRST SIGNS

DeSean Jackson was nowhere near the scene of the crime when, on Dec. 29, 2010, 14-year-old Taburi Watson flashed a rival gang sign at two men as he rode his bicycle through South Los Angeles.

The men, reportedly members of the Crips, responded to the teen's provocative gesture by shooting him multiple...
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._troubles.html
Old 03-28-2014   #15
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Philadelphia Eagles ‏@Eagles · 5m
After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today.
released
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
released
Yup

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherR...BleacherReport
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow !
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

So we get a 6th round pick for Pick 6 Matt and the Eagles have to our right cut Desean Jackson?

Rick Smith is sooooooo pimp!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

DeSean, Bill..... how'd you like to be a Patriot?

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
Quote:
DeSean Jackson at 27 years old is now a free-agent.

He had career highs of 82 Rec, 1,332 yds, 9 Rec TD in 2013 for Philadelphia.
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Quote:
Extremely rare to see 27-year-old player released after career-best season. Great talent, but big-time red flags on DeSean Jackson. #Eagles
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Quote:
It sounds like, based on the http://NJ.com story, that the Eagles were trying to avoid a potential Aaron Hernandez situation
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Quote:
The Eagles will carry $6 million in dead money after releasing DeSean Jackson. Saves them $6.75 million in cap space for 2014.
Old 03-28-2014   #20
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Did their GM even try to shop him? I highly doubt that he wasn't able to get even a 5th round pick for a guy who is a game breaker and 3 year $30 mill contract is quite reasonable for a team to take on for a guy of his talent.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read