Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-14-2014   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default “Night and day” offseasons for Brian Cushing

Quote:
This time last year, Brian Cushing’s offseason was filled with uncertainty: season-ending torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, the most difficult rehabilitation of his football career, and an unresolved contract situation heading into training camp. His 2013 season was also cut short due to injury, but this one was far less severe.

“Compared to last year, it’s pretty much night and day," Cushing said in an exclusive interview with Texans All-Access. "I’m probably about a month away from being fully 100 percent. I’ve already started running on the field and I just feel great. I feel great physically, I feel great mentally, seeing that light at the end of the tunnel. It’s so much earlier this year than last year.”............................................ ............

Cushing was placed on injured reserve after suffering a tibial plateau fracture and torn LCL in Week 7 at Kansas City on October 20. Before his season-ending injury, Cushing led the team with 65 tackles and had 1.5 sacks and an interception returned for a touchdown in Week 1 against San Diego.

Rest of the story

A quicker recovery is hardly a surprise.......the surprise would be if it were an equivalent or longer recovery.

But according to the impeccably accurate reporting of the type of injury by the Texans reporter in this piece, recovery should be much longer..........possibly never, ala Charles Spencer.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #2
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: “Night and day” offseasons for Brian Cushing

Charles Spencer. Great way to depress us all.

Thanks Ron.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014   #3
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how many 'true' fans will throw Cush under the bus if he can't perform at a high level again.
Old 02-14-2014   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been informed that my last comment to the article may have been confusing to some.

Quote:
But according to the impeccably accurate reporting of the type of injury by the Texans reporter in this piece, recovery should be much longer..........possibly never, ala Charles Spencer.
I am referring to the fact that the article inaccurately referred to Cushing having had a "tibial plateau" fracture (a fracture that goes through bone AND cartilage, right into the knee joint (See photo below), ala the career ending Spencer injury).........much much more serious that what Cushing actually sustained.........a simple fibula fracture.

Old 02-14-2014   #5
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 6583 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I wonder how many 'true' fans will throw Cush under the bus if he can't perform at a high level again.

JC25 will be a wanted man in H-town

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I never expect a reporter to accurately present anything. The more complicated something is, the greater the likelihood they'll mess it up.

If all a reporter has to do is get the names of three people right, he will mess up at least one of them.

So I pretty much walk around knowing that nothing I'm hearing is right and that I don't know anything that's really happening anywhere in the world.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to the injuries of my Houston Texans.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing at 75% is still better than 90% of all LBs in the NFL anyway. Cushing at 100% is totally awesome. Welcome back Cush.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-15-2014   #8
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Cushing at 75% is still better than 90% of all LBs in the NFL anyway. Cushing at 100% is totally awesome. Welcome back Cush.
We'll see about that. He's missed a lot of time over his career now, and right around his prime production years too.

I hope we see him back to 100% next season, but if that isn't the case, or if he's a little slowed by the injury, that contract will quickly become a problem just the same way Demeco's did, not the fault of player or club, of course.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Cushing is kind of like our Bob Sanders. One of the best players in the league when he is healthy.
Old 02-17-2014   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Figured I wouldn't start another thread. This piece mentions his impressions re. OB, Crennel and his new LB coach.........and the excitement and frustrations involved in this closed communications period and the expectation of learning a new scheme in a very limited period of time when the window for communication opens.

Cushing on O’Brien: “It’s been an instant connection”
Old 02-17-2014   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Perhaps you should educate yourself about so-called "true fans":

Rules for being a true fan

20 rules and nothing about blind loyalty to players who can no longer perform at a high level for their team due to injury, age, etc.

True fans root for the name on the front more than the name on the back of the jersey.
Old 02-17-2014   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I know it's all blah, blah, blah but I'm pumped about OB.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

20 rules and nothing about blind loyalty to players who can no longer perform at a high level for their team due to injury, age, etc.

True fans root for the name on the front more than the name on the back of the jersey.
Good stuff. It must be really old; I mean how long ago was Shaq playing with the Lakers?

Anyway, he almost lost me here:
Quote:
1. You can't purchase a "blank" authentic jersey from your favorite team with no name on the back, then stick your own name and number on the jersey ... well, unless you want to be an enormous dork.
I do agree with his stance on bandwagon fans.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #14
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28117 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A true fan routes for more than just the laundry. He knows every player along with both strengths and weaknesses, yet wants them to win despite the weaknesses.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Good stuff. It must be really old; I mean how long ago was Shaq playing with the Lakers?

Anyway, he almost lost me here:

I do agree with his stance on bandwagon fans.
Well, I disagree with his no. 1 completely. Who the hell cares what name/number you put on a jersey that you shelled out your hard earned cash to purchase? I didn't quite catch it the first time around.

But like you, I agree with him about the bandwagon front runners. Hey, to each his/her own, but to act like a championship means more to a person that just became a fan in the last couple of weeks than it does to someone who has lived and breathed the fortunes & misfortunes of a franchise is silly.

Main point to Rico was acting like "true fans" have to be loyal to a player over team is just fundamentally strange.

I usually do not get into the fan definition thing. I'm more of a big tent kinda' guy. If you root for a team through thick and thin, regardless if you are optimistic, pessimistic, or somewhere in between, you are true. Regardless if you memorize every stat, every pimple on every player, or just root for the team, you are true.
Old 02-18-2014   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I disagree with his no. 1 completely. Who the hell cares what name/number you put on a jersey that you shelled out your hard earned cash to purchase? I didn't quite catch it the first time around.

But like you, I agree with him about the bandwagon front runners. Hey, to each his/her own, but to act like a championship means more to a person that just became a fan in the last couple of weeks than it does to someone who has lived and breathed the fortunes & misfortunes of a franchise is silly.

Main point to Rico was acting like "true fans" have to be loyal to a player over team is just fundamentally strange.

I usually do not get into the fan definition thing. I'm more of a big tent kinda' guy. If you root for a team through thick and thin, regardless if you are optimistic, pessimistic, or somewhere in between, you are true. Regardless if you memorize every stat, every pimple on every player, or just root for the team, you are true.
Seconded!
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Cushing on new LB coach Mike Vrabel: "I've looked up to him since I was in college. To be able to play for him is an honor and a blessing."

Brian Cushing, Mike Munchak, Bruce Matthews and Bob Allen are co-celebrity chairs at the Special Olympics at the Hilton Westchase.

Brian Cushing on knee rehab: "I'm going to be cleared in 2 weeks. I'm doing great. I'm going to work my way up (full speed) to OTAs."
Old 03-25-2014   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Viddy well, my droogs: http://instagram.com/p/l-TbSOF7x8/
Old 03-25-2014   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Viddy well, my droogs: http://instagram.com/p/l-TbSOF7x8/
I got nuthin
Old 03-25-2014   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I got nuthin
It's a Cushing Instagram video.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read