Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-15-2014   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Wilfork wants out of NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Right. We don't know what they offered him. My concern is health and age. But if he can play, wow. What a great addition to help play right now and help mentor a younger developing NT.
With the Texans history of blowing calls like his on health in the past .... I'm scared he'd just be Tony Bosseli / Ed Reed v9.0.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
With the Texans history of blowing calls like his on health in the past .... I'm scared he'd just be Tony Bosseli / Ed Reed v9.0.
Tony Boselli..... Ed Reed...... Vince Wilfork......

Sounds like the beginning of some kind of Personnel "Ring of Dishonor". Maybe shoehorn Ahman Green in there too.
Old 03-15-2014   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Plus it would be easier for him to exact sweet revenge on Ted Johnson for calling his wife ugly.
Well to be fair she's not a pretty woman. I'm sure that she's sweet and has a great personality though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Well that's good enough for me.

I'll pass on wilfork.
Count me in this group.
Old 03-15-2014   #25
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Well to be fair she's not a pretty woman. I'm sure that she's sweet and has a great personality though.
Civil human beings don't call other peoples wives ugly in a public forum. That was a scumbag move. Are you really siding with Johnson on this?
Old 03-16-2014   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Civil human beings don't call other peoples wives ugly in a public forum. That was a scumbag move. Are you really siding with Johnson on this?
Nope

Just an observation
Old 03-16-2014   #27
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i have absolutely loved wilfork since he came into the league, and he was my second choice in the draft behind trading up for sean taylor. along with mount washington a bit earlier and casey hampton, wilfork's been one of the most dominant nose tackles of this generation. he'd be perfect for what we want to do on defense.

HOWEVER

CND says no, so ... NO. cnd doesnt miss often (if at all), and even i can see where that achilles will become a constant issue.
Old 03-24-2014   #28
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Wilfork Trade Rumors and Texans

Was just listening to 610am Sports Radio and they were on the phone with a Boston reporter with the latest that Vince Wilfork supposedly was asked to take a pay cut and he went to his locker, took his name down, grabbed his gear and said "I Quit".

Now before you move this thread....there was talk between the broadcaster that the Texans would love to have him here. The Boston informer was asked questions of his health, his potential desires to work with Bill O'Brian again, and what salary he might seek with the Texans.

Knowing he might have flown off the handle, and the fact that he could still possibly work out a deal with the Patriots; it was said by the Boston informer that this episode looks final.

Wilfork as a Texan? Any comments?
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Vince Wilfork Trade Rumors and Texans

Coming off an Achilles, it would be late in the year before he is the guy we want him to be. We could probably get him cheap though, but it would be a waste of a roster spot as we wait for him to contribute next year.
Old 03-24-2014   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. -- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft compared Vince Wilfork, who has requested to be released, to some of the franchise's greats in expressing his hope that the standout defensive tackle will remain with the team.
Kraft wants him to stay.
Old 03-24-2014   #31
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kraft wants him to stay.
I guess macaroni n' cheese goes up another quarter...
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #32
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, Wilfork is set to make around $8 million this year and requested his release because he was asked to take a pay cut. Not only do I think we cannot afford him, but he's also 32 and coming off a major injury. As much as I'm a fan of what he's done...no thanks. He's on the downside of his career. This is not the time to be shelling out cash for guys like that.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #33
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-24-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
IIRC, Wilfork is set to make around $8 million this year and requested his release because he was asked to take a pay cut. Not only do I think we cannot afford him, but he's also 32 and coming off a major injury. As much as I'm a fan of what he's done...no thanks. He's on the downside of his career. This is not the time to be shelling out cash for guys like that.
True

And if what C-N-D says is correct Wilfork has a very real possibility of turning into another Ed Reed situation. Pass
Old 03-24-2014   #35
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Good points, darn good points. Listening to this radio conversation on the way home from work sure made the drive more invigorating though. I'm going to follow this though, as I could see maybe Denver or Oakland going for him if Vince sticks to his words!
Old 03-24-2014   #36
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed? Ahman Green? I'm tired of acquiring everybody's washed up star player past his prime. Have we not learned our lesson yet?
Old 03-24-2014   #37
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Ed Reed? Ahman Green? I'm tired of acquiring everybody's washed up star player past his prime. Have we not learned our lesson yet?
True...but watching Wilfork up to his injury...damn he was good. But....

I see your points, and Ahman Green...ooh - that one bit hard!
Old 03-24-2014   #38
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 84406 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
He's coming off an Achilles injury, turns 33 this year, and wants a fat contract, let Denver sign him.
Any deal would have to be low or heavily incentivized. No more retirement contracts for us.

How about $1M base with a $250,000 bonus for playing more than ten plays in a game? If injured, he receives backup money. If starting, about $5M/yr. No more $5M because you used to be good.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Coming off an Achilles, it would be late in the year before he is the guy we want him to be. We could probably get him cheap though, but it would be a waste of a roster spot as we wait for him to contribute next year.
He was injured in week 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
IIRC, Wilfork is set to make around $8 million this year and requested his release because he was asked to take a pay cut.
I think he knows very well he won't get that much on the open market but he is offended they are asking for the cut after he has restructured to aid them in the past.
Old 03-24-2014   #40
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Only way, would be at Veteran Minimum as a FA.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read