Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-03-2014   #81
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans compensatory picks 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I was so against not resigning Quin, he was extremely valuable in our defense. I don't think that love can be blamed on Kubiak. I'm look at you Rick Smith.
If I had to put money down it would be on McNair.

Wade clearly wasn't on board. I don't think Kubiak would overrule Wade on this.

Not firing Smith may be McNair saying "my bad" on Reed.
Old 03-03-2014   #82
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

I just don't want it to happen again, whoever is to blame. That was such a bad idea.

I definitely need to learn how to type better on my phone.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #83
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I definitely need to learn how to type better on my phone.
I just "upgraded" the software on my phone (overall it is much better) and the new autofill sucks donkey phallus.
Old 03-03-2014   #84
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So this means Johnny Football is likely to be chosen 1-1?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #85
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So this means Johnny Football is likely to be chosen 1-1?
Hey I agreed with you on one. Don't get greedy and try to rope me into all your fetishes.
Old 03-03-2014   #86
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was so against not resigning Quin, he was extremely valuable in our defense. I don't think that move can be blamed on Kubiak. I'm looking at you Rick Smith.
Quote:

I'd be willing to front that bet. From everything I heard McNair say, he was convinced Ed Reed's experience to put us over the top.

I think McNair made a "command decision" and Rick Smith followed orders. Who knows if Wade or Rick tried to talk him (Uncle Bob) out of it or just saluted then executed.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014   #87
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'd be willing to front that bet. From everything I heard McNair say, he was convinced Ed Reed's experience to put us over the top.

I think McNair made a "command decision" and Rick Smith followed orders. Who knows if Wade or Rick tried to talk him (Uncle Bob) out of it or just saluted then executed.
and why Bob sent his jet to pick him up.
Old 03-24-2014   #88
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Compensatory Picks

Sorry, not yet, but I've been reading Tweets all day saying they should be revealed soon. I've been checking in on Twitter all day and still nada. Hopefully soon

Quote:
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
Good morning from NFL meetings. For those who've been asking, we should know who gets compensatory picks later today. #Texans

Quote:
Andrew Brandt @adbrandt
Today is the annual NFL ritual of teams complaining about what they received as compensatory draft picks..
Old 03-24-2014   #89
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Compensatory Picks

Dude.

You did not just tease me like that.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #90
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude.

You did not just tease me like that.

Well, I did start off by saying sorry.

And, obviously I posted in the wrong forum. So, I's failed all the way around
Old 03-24-2014   #91
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Well, I did start off by saying sorry.

And, obviously I posted in the wrong forum. So, I's failed all the way around
Your "sorry" should have been in the title. You got my hopes soaring only to come spinning down to crash to earth.

I'll forgive you this time.

THIS time.
Old 03-24-2014   #92
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Your "sorry" should have been in the title. You got my hopes soaring only to come spinning down to crash to earth.

I'll forgive you this time.

THIS time.
I almost started another similar thread in the Texans Talk section just to yank your chain again.
Reason prevailed, however.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #93
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I almost started another similar thread in the Texans Talk section just to yank your chain again.
Reason prevailed, however.
NEGREP for the lot of you!
Old 03-24-2014   #94
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Texans gets a 4th, 6th, 7th round compensatory picks.
4th #135 Houston
6th #211 Houston
7th #256 Houston

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/...tory-picks.pdf
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #95
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m
Texans gets a 4th round compensatory pick.
... Is that it?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #96
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
... Is that it?
No.
A 4th, 6th and 7th round pick.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #97
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

4th #135 Houston
6th #211 Houston
7th #256 Houston
So we get Mr. Irrelevant again? Cool.
Old 03-24-2014   #98
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So we get Mr. Irrelevant again? Cool.
Most of the the guys the Texans draft are irrelevant anyway. No need for a special distinction.

digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #99
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
... I think we end up with two 5ths for Quin and Casey, and a 7th for Jones. So 3 compensatory picks should be coming our way to help the new regime right the ship. Not too shabby.

All done.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #100
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

4th #135 Houston
6th #211 Houston
7th #256 Houston

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/...tory-picks.pdf
If this holds to be true, that's alot more than I thought we'd get. That 4th could be really good in a very deep draft like this one, there should be some good talent left on the board by then. Also with so many picks this should free us up to do some trading with our own picks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read