Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2014   #1241
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

So he does speak... interesting.
Old 03-24-2014   #1242
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, as long as this thread is about O'Brien, let me add a completely unsubstantiated rumor of which I have only heard by word of mouth from one person. She says as a volunteer for the Houston livestock show & Rodeo that O'Brien was very rude to her in asking for directions and said he was the head coach of the Texans and deserved better treatment (or something like that).

You heard it here first folks, on the TexansTalk BBS. A internet rumor that can't be proven from someone most of you have never met. LOL

But seriously, she did say that about him. She now thinks O'Brien is a complete turd and hopes the Texans go 0-16 this year. But she's also an Eagles fan so there's that as well.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1243
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well, as long as this thread is about O'Brien, let me add a completely unsubstantiated rumor of which I have only heard by word of mouth from one person. She says as a volunteer for the Houston livestock show & Rodeo that O'Brien was very rude to her in asking for directions and said he was the head coach of the Texans and deserved better treatment (or something like that).

You heard it here first folks, on the TexansTalk BBS. A internet rumor that can't be proven from someone most of you have never met. LOL

But seriously, she did say that about him. She now thinks O'Brien is a complete turd and hopes the Texans go 0-16 this year. But she's also an Eagles fan so there's that as well.
He looks like a butthole.... well, his chin looks like a butthole.
Old 03-24-2014   #1244
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So she was giving him ****ty treatment to elicit that response from him?
Old 03-24-2014   #1245
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I want my coach to be a butthole. Nice guys generally do not work out (see Kubiak, John Fox).
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1246
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I want my coach to be a butthole. Nice guys generally do not work out (see Kubiak, John Fox).
Hasn't Fox been to two super bowls?
Old 03-24-2014   #1247
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If his chin was his butthole, it'd be a South Park episode.

Old 03-24-2014   #1248
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hasn't Fox been to two super bowls?
Peyton carried him to one. How many has he won again? (Fox)
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1249
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Interesting. I have heard from more than one source - reliable sources with the team - that JJ Watt, behind the scenes, is not the Boy Scout he presents to the public. I hear he's a bit of a douche. But, he's still an effective player, so it doesn't bother me.

O'Brien is a hard-edge east cost guy, and I'm fine with that - as long as he brings the W's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1250
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Interesting. I have heard from more than one source - reliable sources with the team - that JJ Watt, behind the scenes, is not the Boy Scout he presents to the public. I hear he's a bit of a douche. But, he's still an effective player, so it doesn't bother me.

O'Brien is a hard-edge east cost guy, and I'm fine with that - as long as he brings the W's.

Personally, I don't care if it's true or not, but the lady that told me is a nice person, so I doubt she was lying and I believe her. Not that I care, he could have just been having a bad day, or he really is a complete a$$hole. He brings us lots of W's and a trophy or two, he can be an a$$hole all day long for all I care. And as someone else said, maybe we need that kind of personality in charge right now. It'd be a refreshing change as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-24-2014   #1251
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think it is obvious that she is John McClain's secret source of NFL breaking news.

I can believe the 'rude' part, but I do not believe that O'Brien actually said that he's the head coach of the Texans and deserves better treatment. That sounds like a nugget of reality wrapped in a layer of embellished hyperbole.

But regardless, I have no doubt that Bill Parcells, Bill Belicheck, and many other winning coaches probably upset the delicate sensibilities of a few grocery sackers and waiters.
Old 03-24-2014   #1252
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This could be an encouraging report if it means we've got a first-rate A-Hole running the Texans. Both Kubiak and Capers were known to be total gentleman and loyal to their coachs and players to a fault.
Hey Thorn, tell your frind thanks for the good news !
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1253
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Your assertion was that he was a failed head coach because he's a nice guy. Mine was that since he's taken two different teams to super bowls, you can hardly say he hasn't worked out
Old 03-24-2014   #1254
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me. Fame and Money do funny things to people.
Old 03-24-2014   #1255
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tony Dungy is one of the nicest guys on Earth and he won a Super Bowl.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1256
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 25372 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

Heard same. Don't like pics taken when out with buddies, etc etc. Image is everything apparently, fam.

(Not that I give a ****, but it is rather interesting to hear stuff like that)
Old 03-24-2014   #1257
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Tony Dungy is one of the nicest guys on Earth and he won a Super Bowl.
Dear god, had to invoke Dungy.

Queue "Dungy would have won more if he was a better coach" in 3... 2... 1...
Old 03-24-2014   #1258
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Dear god, had to invoke Dungy.

Queue "Dungy would have won more if he was a better coach" in 3... 2... 1...
Dungy would have won more if he was a better coach.
Old 03-24-2014   #1259
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cowher was "The Chin", O'Brien is "The Buttchin."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1260
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 65123 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Personally, I don't care if it's true or not, but the lady that told me is a nice person, so I doubt she was lying and I believe her. Not that I care, he could have just been having a bad day, or he really is a complete a$$hole. He brings us lots of W's and a trophy or two, he can be an a$$hole all day long for all I care. And as someone else said, maybe we need that kind of personality in charge right now. It'd be a refreshing change as far as I'm concerned.
I doubt those Noreasterners take their rodeo's seriously enough to understand the importance of your friend. So it's easy to see why she would be offended by a ferener who thinks he's the big man on campus.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read