Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2014   #61
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub appreciation thread

Schaub currently is 13th in passer rating and 9th in completion percentage in the history of the NFL.

Wouldnt be surprised at all to see him bounce back and have a few more good years. Dude is the Rodney Dangerfield of this board.
Old 03-23-2014   #62
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
My fondest memoies of Schaub, were the comeback vs Washington, and the KC game in 2010.
His game winning Touchdown run against the Miami Dolphins at Reliant Stadium. I believe it was the first win of the 2008 regular season. The Texans beat the Dolphins 29-28 to improve to 1-4 on the season.
Old 03-23-2014   #63
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
His game winning Touchdown run against the Miami Dolphins at Reliant Stadium. I believe it was the first win of the 2008 regular season. The Texans beat the Dolphins 29-28 to improve to 1-4 on the season.
Good one.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #64
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Given that it is appreciation for his time as a Texan, NO.
I don't agree with that. If I started a David Carr appreciation thread it would get get over to the all encompassing thread in the NFL section.

At this point all Schaub threads should be merged and sent over to the non Texans section. It's over. Goodbye. Just my opinion though.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #65
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

edited: decided it wasn't worth it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #66
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i wish schaub all the best in oakland. for what it's worth he seemed to be one of the truly honest good guys, and was a major asset to the community. he carried a heavy load while we had to build an entire roster under kubiak, after capers's disaster. he lead the league in yards, went to a few probowls, and was even 11-1 at one point. he lost part of his ear for this team and had his foot turned into an accordion. few of the greats knew how to hit the hole in a zone downfield as well as schaub and he had one of the best play-action fakes, so good in fact that it was effective even without a running game.

i dont believe he'll ever be the same player because of his foot condition and the mental beating he took over the last couple of years. he'll help the raiders though, and hopefully prove himself at least worthy as a starter again. he didnt belong here any more, but he belongs in the NFL. good luck matt schaub.

Last edited by Scooter; 03-27-2014 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #67
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
At this point all Schaub threads should be merged and sent over to the non Texans section. It's over. Goodbye. Just my opinion though.
I guess you would like all Schaub's threads in the NFL section to make some sort of anti-Schaub point? These sections are there for a purpose, navigation.

Schaub named starter in Oakland = NFL Section

The Matt Schaub appreciation thread = Texans Talk Section

Any thread about Schaub while he was a Texan should be in this section. If your motivation isn't an anti-Schaub thing and you simply think now that he's gone all of it should be moved, I'll just disagree.

I'm glad for the mods it doesn't naturally work that way. If I were a mod I would hate to pan the river for all things Schaub for relocation....lol.

Just my
Old 03-27-2014   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i wish schaub all the best in oakland. for what it's worth he seemed to be one of the truly honest good guys, and was a major asset to the community. he carried a heavy load while we had to build an entire roster under kubiak, after capers's disaster. he lead the league in yards, went to a few probowls, and was even 11-1 at one point. he lost part of his ear for this team and had his foot turned into an accordion. few of the greats knew how to hit the hole in a zone downfield as well as schaub and he had one of the best play-action fakes, so good in fact that it was effective even without a running game.

i dont believe he'll ever be the same player because of his foot condition and the mental beating he took over the last couple of years. he'll help the raiders though, and hopefully prove himself at least worthy as a starter again. he didnt belong here any more, but he belongs in the NFL. good luck matt schaub.
Perfectly stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I guess you would like all Schaub's threads in the NFL section to make some sort of anti-Schaub point? These sections are there for a purpose, navigation.

Schaub named starter in Oakland = NFL Section

The Matt Schaub appreciation thread = Texans Talk Section

Any thread about Schaub while he was a Texan should be in this section. If your motivation isn't an anti-Schaub thing and you simply think now that he's gone all of it should be moved, I'll just disagree.

I'm glad for the mods it doesn't naturally work that way. If I were a mod I would hate to pan the river for all things Schaub for relocation....lol.

Just my
Your two cents are spot on.
Old 03-27-2014   #69
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

repped.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #70
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This sums it all up. Great post.

I'd be thrilled to see Schaub thrive with the Raiders. I'll be watching on opening weekend.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014   #71
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant wait till we play the raiders so MAtt can light us up

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #72
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Quote:
Matt Schaub's aware of MJD's Super Bowl comment. Said it meant a lot. Reinforced Schaub's belief in himself, #Raiders. #NFL #Texans

Schaub easily could have canceled his annual Houston charity event after being traded by Texans. Said thought never entered his mind.

Matt Schaub spoke with media for nearly 10 minutes. Upbeat and smiling. Said there's no hard feelings toward #Texans and team's fans. #NFL

#Raiders' Matt Schaub said he and his wife, Laurie, are still considering making #Houston their offseason home. Love the city. #Texans

Schaub said playing #Texans will be like when he faced #Falcons as a #Texan. Definitely looking forward to the atmosphere, competition.

Matt Schaub joked he's waiting for official #NFL schedule to be released before he circles #Texans-#Raiders on his calendar.

Matt Schaub still giving back to #Houston. #NFL #Texans #Raiders pic.twitter.com/0T6C7c01HY
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #73
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Good for him! He had much more reason to be negative towards Houston, but did not take the "shot," unlike OD.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014   #74
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Good for him! He had much more reason to be negative towards Houston, but did not take the "shot," unlike OD.
Hard to keep up with everything but what did OD say?
Old 04-05-2014   #75
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...or David Carr
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read