Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2014   #41
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub appreciation thread

Shouldn't this be in the NFL section seeing how Matt schaub is no longer a Texan?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Shouldn't this be in the NFL section seeing how Matt schaub is no longer a Texan?
This thread is not so much about Matt Schaub as it is about his time as a Texans. If we ever start wax poetically about his glory days in Atlanta, then it's time to move it to the NFL section.
Old 03-22-2014   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Given that it is appreciation for his time as a Texan, NO.
Old 03-23-2014   #44
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
You'll never convince me that we don't go to the Super Bowl in '11 if Fat Albert doesn't crush Schaub's foot.
Agreed.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 03-23-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #45
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ins-highlights
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #46
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Given that it is appreciation for his time as a Texan, NO.
His name should never be seen in the TT section again ... ever.

Last edited by kingtexan; 03-23-2014 at 08:08 AM.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Pathetic

HWNSNBS II
HWSNBN II
BQbITH
Old 03-23-2014   #48
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
His name should never be seen in the TT section again ... ever.
We get it, team history started with the 2014 season. Just don't show up to his house and throw ice at him while he's moving out.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #49
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

A big thank you to Matt for his time here. He had some great years, and some good years, and really bad year with us. He was part of a time that gave us some excitement and hope after HWSNBN, when there wasn't much of each beforehand. I may not forget how it all ended, but I won't forget the good stuff either, especially how great he was in the community at large. I hope he keeps his home here, b/c the work he and his wife did has always been appreciated and I hope it continues.

I wish him well in Oakland. I know I'll be watching, just like I watched the eagles and the ravens to see how our old players are doing. Good luck, Auf Wiedersehen, Sa yo nara, and Vaya con Dios.
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #50
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

5 seasons under Carr, the Texans:
- Never had a winning season
- Never ranked higher than 21st in offensive points scored
- Never made the playoffs

Next 6 seasons under Schaub (doesn't include 2013), the Texans:
- Only had ONE losing season
- Made playoffs twice
- Two division championships
- In the top 10 for offensive scoring 4 out of the 6 seasons

Schaub has done so much for this franchise. He has helped taken us out amongst the cellar dwellars of the league and made the Texans significant in the NFL. I'm really hoping he does the same for the Raiders!
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #51
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub is my son's first sports hero. My (then 12) year old son met Schaub in 2012. He wants to be an NFL quarterback. Last season was very difficult for him as he watched his hero fail. I could write 10 pages of material about this but will keep it brief. My son will suffer failure and disappointment throughout his life, as we all do. I am eternally grateful for Matt Schaub, because he illustrated to my boy how to win and succeed with humility and honor and then he taught him how to fail with honor as well. Matt Schaub will never be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame (something my son still doesn't fully accept), but he sure as hell is in our family's Hall of Fame. I don't regret any of his time in Houston. Thank you, Matt Schaub!
Old 03-23-2014   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't regret any of his time in Houston. Thank you, Matt Schaub!
Agreed, he did the best he could... & he won't be easily replaced.

I fault the Texans for not preparing for this day better than they had.
Old 03-23-2014   #53
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Agreed, he did the best he could... & he won't be easily replaced.

I fault the Texans for not preparing for this day better than they had.
I don't really follow this logic. Nobody could've foreseen Schaub absolutely cratering like he did. Everyone was pretty happy with how Yates and Keenum looked in the preseason, iirc.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #54
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't really follow this logic. Nobody could've foreseen Schaub absolutely cratering like he did. Everyone was pretty happy with how Yates and Keenum looked in the preseason, iirc.
There was a lot of concern about Schaub during last offseason. Myself included. However, 2013 was considered a poor draft class for QB. Was Geno Smith the answer? Binding Schaub to the team with that contract extension right after the foot injury was the real mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And I would be happy with that if we knew the Texans were getting the Matt Schaub from of the initial 12 games with a 94.5 QBR and not the Matt Schaub who sputtered into the playoffs with a 78.6 QBR over the last 4 games. Because the Matt Schaub that ended the season is not going to get the Texans where they want to be. No matter where you rank him.
We now know what Matt Schaub we got in 2013. Hindsight being 20/20 and all.

Matt Schaub pre-foot injury...a very solid NFL QB.
Old 03-23-2014   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
In 2011 we drafted Tj Yates, but the Texans have done little since he won a play-off game to make anyone believe he is the future, somehow Case Keenum leaped frogged him. & while many were "happy" with that route, the rest of us were just hoping, praying, dreaming of a bad situation "working out" but it didn't.

That same year the Patriots drafted Ryan Mallet. This was when they already had Tom Brady & Brian Hoyer on their roster.
Old 03-23-2014   #56
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread has a simple and narrow purpose. Let's keep it on track.
Old 03-23-2014   #57
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will always remember Schaub to Andre, thanks Matt for providing the only winning years in Houston football of my life so far.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #58
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

My fondest memoies of Schaub, were the comeback vs Washington, and the KC game in 2010.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #59
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

As a guy that liked Schaub more than most others here on the forum - it is pretty difficult to appreciate him right now. He was better than many people gave him credit for, he even had one exceptional season. But he was lacking two things: he was not a winner (a guy that plays best when the game is on the line) and he was not a great competitor (a guy that gives his all when things get tough). Sure, we could`ve won a superbowl with him - but I don`t believe we could`ve won because of him. He can be a great QB when things are going our way and he doesn`t have to force it - but he can`t be the one taking the team on his back.

In the end the Schaub years were frustrating. We made the playoffs and our first playoff win with Yates and Schaub never took it to the next level. Even worse, he completely imploded last season. I almost had the feeling he is a guy that knew, the he will never be great, so he just did his job - and not a guy that would do everything to be great.

I appreciate some of the stuff he did - and I have several nice memories. But right now, I can`t really appreciate Schaub. Too many frustrations are in the way of that. Maybe I can appreciate him more someday...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #60
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71588 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
We get it, team history started with the 2014 season. Just don't show up to his house and throw ice at him while he's moving out.
We have some real losers trying to tell us how to be winners by piling on.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read