Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2014   #321
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 92841 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Is that a pun?

Whatever. It's not my Schaublem anymore.
He might have meant me.

Hey that is a nice pic, and I agree he does look relieved, the beard is a good look if he is going to be in silver and black. Now all he needs is an eye patch and a hook for a hand.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #322
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
He might have meant me.

Hey that is a nice pic, and I agree he does look relieved, the beard is a good look if he is going to be in silver and black. Now all he needs is an eye patch and a hook for a hand.
which he will struggle to attach to his noodle arm
Old 03-21-2014   #323
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'll go on record as saying a 6th round pick for Matt Schaub will prove to be a steal for Oakland.

Maybe even make up for New England's fleecing of Randy Moss for a 4th rounder.
I will go on record as saying no way. It was a great deal for the Texans. Schaub has never been the same since the foot injury.
Old 03-21-2014   #324
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I will go on record as saying no way. It was a great deal for the Texans. Schaub has never been the same since the foot injury.
Not sure if I agree with that. The San Diego game showed he can still sling it and win. The question is not if he can still play at a high level, the question is, do you want to put all your eggs into his basket. Is this the guy that you want to count on to make an epic playoff run? And the answer to that question is hell no.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #325
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 92841 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
which he will struggle to attach to his noodle arm
I set that one up for an interception joke, but your response was funny too!

Old 03-21-2014   #326
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not sure if I agree with that. The San Diego game showed he can still sling it and win. The question is not if he can still play at a high level, the question is, do you want to put all your eggs into his basket. Is this the guy that you want to count on to make an epic playoff run? And the answer to that question is hell no.
But Ryan Fitzpatrick is? lol

Old 03-21-2014   #327
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He might have meant me.

........to go along with his peg leg.........

Nitro,

REP coming your way. We all have to keep our humor to avoid going nuts during this team's major transitions.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #328
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
........to go along with his peg leg.........

Nitro,

REP coming your way. We all have to keep our humor to avoid going nuts during this team's major transitions.
That's a peg foot isn't it? Thanks, Yea you're right. Enduring last season, and the way this year is unfolding so far is enough to drive anyone nuts. And it figures that this would be the year the draft is pushed into May as well. The perfect storm eh?

On that note the Raiders are following in the footsteps of the Buccaneers and releasing their new logo to the public.

Old 03-21-2014   #329
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does anyone think Fitzpatrick will be anything more than a spot-starter at worst? Best case scenario is he sees the field 0 times, except pre-season. Worst case is either the rookie (mark my words, there will be one - whether it's Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles in the 1st or Murray/Mett/Garappolo in the 2nd or McCarron in the 3rd) gets injured or sits the first part of the season and Fitz gets to play a handful of games.

Schaub, on the other hand, will be expected to compete with the Raiders for the starting job. I think this is the Raiders doing their due diligence in case there is no QB worth taking when they pick, which could easily happen with the Texans Jags and Browns all needing a QB.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #330
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow never realized that even in a beard and a Raiders hat...

Matt Schaub still sucks...
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #331
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Schaub is NOT the lost cause many think. He had a bad year and some teams realize that.
Who knew that Marshall was the Raider's GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Schaub, on the other hand, will be expected to compete with the Raiders for the starting job. I think this is the Raiders doing their due diligence in case there is no QB worth taking when they pick, which could easily happen with the Texans Jags and Browns all needing a QB.
I have no earthly idea what the Raiders are thinking. I just know that Schaub's gone, and it's time to get a new QB. The 6th round pick is just a bonus. And who knows? The Texans could strike gold. Great 6th round picks of our century:

2012 Alfred Morris - RB - Skins - Has averaged over 1400 yards in his initial 2 seasons.
2012 Danny Trevathan - LB - Broncos - Starting LB for the AFC Champs.
2012 Blair Walsh - K - Vikings - All Pro as a rookie.
2011 Bryon Maxwell - CB - Seahawks - Really came on during the Seahawks run to the Super Bowl.
2011 Charles Clay - TE/FB - Dolphins - Has become a matchup nightmare for Miami.
2011 Jason Kelce - C - Eagles - Key component of one of the leagues premier offenses.
2011 Greg Hardy - DE - Panthers - Has developed into one of the leagues premier pass rushers.
2010 Antonio Brown - WR - Steelers - 2 time Pro Bowler is a fear multidimensional weapon.
2008 Pierre Garcon - WR - Colts - Nice small school find that became a solid contributor.
2008 Ahtyba Rubin - DT - Browns - Underrated player on what has become a good defense.

If the Texans could bag a player such as this, that would really turn a negative into a positive.
Old 03-21-2014   #332
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If my choice is Fitzpatrick at $3 million or Schaub at $14 million, I will choose Fitzpatrick every time. Schaub is a better QB. But he's not $11 million dollars better.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #333
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24666 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've got two #8s..... A Carr & A Schaub

I've got a #12... Jacoby Jones

A #23..... Foster (it used to say Fostre, but thank God my wife knows her way around a needle & thread)

I've got a cheap Reebok #80....

probably get a #56 this year. Maybe a #5

please don't

please
Old 03-21-2014   #334
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Matt will do well in Oakland next year and wish him nothing but the best.

I wish we could have gotten to the SB with him, but we just weren't quite good enough. I certainly enjoyed being in the playoffs, and that 11-1 start to 2012 was a freaking blast. In the end, he weathered an unfortunate storm with class, imo.

Matt gave us some great years and I thank him for his time here in Houston.

And to get the 165th pick in this deep draft deserves some kudos, front office.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #335
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I think thats a little unfair. They are not real enthused about egos and arguing there. They IMO are more strict with users (a little overbearing at times). Either way, I was in the wrong in this instance and let my emotions get the better of me, sorry to infantry and the others that I may have upset.
MSR, again.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #336
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Serious trade talks were serious.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #337
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 8368 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Serious trade talks were serious.

Lol.. True story bro

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #338
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy crap!! The Texans got something for a castoff!! Dogs and cats will start living together!!! It's the end of Western Civilization!!! Happy days!!
Old 03-21-2014   #339
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Fitzpatrick is this teams starting QB .... what more information do you need to realize its a total rebuild ?!
He'll be DY-NO-MIGHT! In my best JJ voice.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #340
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Any body worried about Schaub beating us in 2014 when we play the Raiders?

Nope! With Watt and Clowney coming after him he'll be in the fetal position the whole game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read