Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2014   #261
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans and Raiders in Serious Trade Talk for Matt Schaub

I'm happy with this move. We got a late round pick and we were able to take our cap lumps this year, rather than pushing part of it off to next year. We are going to have quite a bit of money next year and the only big time free agents we will need to resign will be Watt and Kareem Jackson, assuming we want to keep Jackson.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #262
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Agreed. But perhaps Smith will be shrewd enough to get a 2015 conditional pick off of them as well.
I'd be content with gettingg a Jamarcus Russell bobblehead in return for Matt Schaub.
Old 03-21-2014   #263
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 80305 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I lost IQ points just reading that stupidity ...
That's assuming you had any IQ points to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm sure that you are praying it is simply a rumor.
No, I am hopeful the Texans right the ship, and get back to winning. I must say I am not impressed with bringing in someone like Fitzpatrick, but that is neither here nor there. It's all you haters that have so much invested in this not me.

I've said in many of my posts Schaub would not be a Texan in 2014 and it was time to move on, but because I defend the over the top distortions some of you Schaub haters spew, and don't fall in line with the many of you, that I am somehow a chump, or relative of Schaub.

It's my opinion that many of you care more about being right, than the Texans getting better as a team. If everything was going great, and the Texans were winning, you would have nothing to pontificate on. Admit it it, this message board, and what you think about yourself is your whole life.

Kind of like how you, and you ilk attach your self esteem to how he Texans play.

As you were...

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #264
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's what I'm afraid of.
He's fully healed. This is like getting arthritis in your knee after having had repetitive injury/surgery to it except more immediate. I am worried but don't think it will kill the trade.
Old 03-21-2014   #265
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40976 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
I didn't! That's why its so frustrating ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #266
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I've seen you post on FF's forums too, there I can see it being more accepted since a bunch of huge ego's float around. There are a few here as well but there is knowledgeable people as well, and I think we're going to see a lot more heated discussion in the next month and a half over the draft itself. Last time we had the #1 pick was when the record for users on site was set, and I don't see it being much different this time around.
I think thats a little unfair. They are not real enthused about egos and arguing there. They IMO are more strict with users (a little overbearing at times). Either way, I was in the wrong in this instance and let my emotions get the better of me, sorry to infantry and the others that I may have upset.
Old 03-21-2014   #267
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I am hopeful the Texans right the ship, and get back to winning. I must say I am not impressed with bringing in someone like Fitzpatrick, but that is neither here nor there. It's all you haters that have so much invested in this not me.

I've said in many of my posts Schaub would not be a Texan in 2014 and it was time to move on, but because I defend the over the top distortions some of you Schaub haters spew, and don't fall in line with the many of you, that I am somehow a chump, or relative of Schaub.

It's my opinion that many of you care more about being right, than the Texans getting better as a team. If everything was going great, and the Texans were winning, you would have nothing to pontificate on. Admit it it, this message board, and what you think about yourself is your whole life.

Kind of like how you, and you ilk attach your self esteem to how he Texans play.

As you were...
You spent the last 2 months tirelessly defending the notion that Schaub gave us our best chance to win next year. Why would it be off base to assume that you would prefer to keep him around? Basic logic.

Anyway, you really aren't worth going back and forth with, it's just funny to see this happen and have you come in talking about how it's "just a rumor."

Good job becoming the very first person I have ever ignored on this board, after 8 years.
Old 03-21-2014   #268
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one hope he does well in raidernation now the Texans have to figure out wtf they are doing
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #269
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 80305 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You spent the last 2 months tirelessly defending the notion that Schaub gave us our best chance to win next year. Why would it be off base to assume that you would prefer to keep him around? Basic logic.

Anyway, you really aren't worth going back and forth with, it's just funny to see this happen and have you come in talking about how it's "just a rumor."

Good job becoming the very first person I have ever ignored on this board, after 8 years.
What an honor... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I for one hope he does well in raidernation now the Texans have to figure out wtf they are doing
Me too, and yea, would be nice if any of us had the slightest idea of wtf is going on with the 2014 Texans.

Old 03-21-2014   #270
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I think thats a little unfair. They are not real enthused about egos and arguing there. They IMO are more strict with users (a little overbearing at times). Either way, I was in the wrong in this instance and let my emotions get the better of me, sorry to infantry and the others that I may have upset.
It's all good. I definitely get snarky at times.
Old 03-21-2014   #271
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:

I know you have a high opinion of yourself, and what you say, but the Texans do not give a crap what I think or prefer, any more than they do what you say or think.

When the trade is announced officially and Schaub has passed his physical, post all the memes you want and shout "I told you so" all you like. Until then, it's just more hot air.

Old 03-21-2014   #272
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He's fully healed. This is like getting arthritis in your knee after having had repetitive injury/surgery to it except more immediate. I am worried but don't think it will kill the trade.
Would it be too much to ask to close this thread?
Old 03-21-2014   #273
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry about Nitro. He don't listen to anybody.

(Nitro, neg me if my attempt at friendly ribbing crossed the line and I will never do that again, seriously)
Old 03-21-2014   #274
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Don't worry about Nitro. He don't listen to anybody.

(Nitro, neg me if my attempt at friendly ribbing crossed the line and I will never do that again, seriously)
This Nitro is not the deaf Nitro. We have the deaf Nitro and the douche Nitro.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #275
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Both of you are wrong. This deal is just a rumor, it has not happened yet. MS is still a Texan.

EDIT: Plus, with that horrible degenerative injury he has, how do you expect him to pass a physical?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #276
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a text stating this is official pending a physical but have not confirmed that as of yet.
Old 03-21-2014   #277
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Yes, not the same person. Deaf Nitro is a good dude. Douche Nitro, not so much.
Old 03-21-2014   #278
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post

Quote:
Yes, not the same person. Deaf Nitro is a good dude. Douche Nitro, not so much.
Cool. Well f him then.

BUT, Good Nitro changed his name from NitroHonda (iirc) to Nitro something else, right? Or do I have a tumor?

EDIT: Just looked it up, NitroGSXR is who I thought I was talking to. Nitrofish, free rep today as it turns out. Can't beat that, right?
Old 03-21-2014   #279
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cool. Well f him then.

BUT, Good Nitro changed his name from NitroHonda (iirc) to Nitro something else, right? Or do I have a tumor?
He is NitroGSXR.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #280
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Cool. Well f him then.

No, you are right. To NitroGx something something. He definitely changed it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read