Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-21-2014   #821
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'd rather an individual ran the team myself.
No problem, just trying to keep the draft moving along.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #822
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
No problem, just trying to keep the draft moving along.
Thanks steelb. Please make the Jets picks going forward.

17(81) Miami Dolphins (Htownfan32) ON THE CLOCK 7AM
18(82) Chicago Bears (steelbtexan) GET READY
19(83) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder) GET READY
20(84) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan) I HAVE HIS TOP 5
21(85) Green Bay Packers (mussop) GET READY
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #823
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we aren't at this point yet, but I vote to put the draft on pause after we conclude round 3 and wait for the compensatory pick announcement.

The NFL awarded 3 picks last year and 3 picks can obviously change the results of the draft moving forward if we were to proceed without them.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #824
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I know we aren't at this point yet, but I vote to put the draft on pause after we conclude round 3 and wait for the compensatory pick announcement.

The NFL awarded 3 picks last year and 3 picks can obviously change the results of the draft moving forward if we were to proceed without them.
That is the plan. The draft will pause until comp picks are announced next week. I still expect to finish round 3 today, so everyone keep going.
Old 03-21-2014   #825
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will take on the Jets if that's OK.

Jackson Jeffcoat - DE/OLB Texas Big 12.

Jeffcoat is a born pass rusher. He has the abilty to turn the corner. He needs to gain strength so that he can turn power into strength. That can happen with the NFL workout regimen..

If I'm wrong for taking the Jets on please tell me. I've had a rough day.
Dang you Sb, JJ was next #1 on Colts board. Poor Jeffcoat had to spend 2 1/2 years under terrible DC Manny Diaz. Diaz tried to put square pegs in round holes instead of utilizing a players talent. As a result Jeffcoat was underutilized and under the radar. Only in the last half of this season were you able to see his real capabilities.

Not happy with you either htown32, Marcus Martin was #2 on my list.
Old 03-21-2014   #826
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Proxy pick for htownfan32 via PM.

The Miami Dolphins select...

JaWuan James - OT - Tennessee - SEC

I like O-linemen. Now the Miami O-line looks something like: Brandon Albert LT - Zack Martin LG - Mike Pouncey C - Nate Garner/Sam Brenner RG - JuWuan James RT. Recipe for success for Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller? I think so.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #827
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Dang you Sb, JJ was next #1 on Colts board. Poor Jeffcoat had to spend 2 1/2 years under terrible DC Manny Diaz. Diaz tried to put square pegs in round holes instead of utilizing a players talent. As a result Jeffcoat was underutilized and under the radar. Only in the last half of this season were you able to see his real capabilities.
I think he's underrated by a lot of big boards right now. I was curious to see how far he'd fall in this mock.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #828
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

18(82) Chicago Bears (steelbtexan) ON THE CLOCK: 9:30am - 1:30pm

19(83) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder) GET READY
20(84) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan) PM'ed
22(86) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover) GET READY

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #829
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Proxy pick for htownfan32 via PM.

The Miami Dolphins select...

JaWuan James - OT - Tennessee - SEC

I like O-linemen. Now the Miami O-line looks something like: Brandon Albert LT - Zack Martin LG - Mike Pouncey C - Nate Garner/Sam Brenner RG - JuWuan James RT. Recipe for success for Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller? I think so.
Your proxy pick screwed me bruh
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #830
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Your proxy pick screwed me bruh

Thanks to WolverineFan for making both proxy picks! (and MSR, evidently I don't spread enough rep around here lol)
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #831
Blake
MMQB

Via proxy. steelbtexan and the Chicago Bears select:

Jaylen Watkins - CB - Florida
Old 03-21-2014   #832
Blake
MMQB

19(83) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder) ON THE CLOCK 1130
20(84) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan) I HAVE HIS TOP 5.
22(86) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover) GET READY
23(87) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan) GET READY
24(88) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan) GET READY
Old 03-21-2014   #833
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Via proxy. steelbtexan and the Chicago Bears select:

Jaylen Watkins - CB - Florida
Solid pick. He was in the top 4 for my Miami Dolphins when it was my turn for picking.

Steelb - Do you think he can play safety?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #834
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 83rd pick in the 2014 TT Mock Draft Extravaganza, the Cleveland Brownies select...

Dion Bailey - FS - USC

The Browns have nobody at FS right now. wHitner will be the SS and he's getting close to 30, so they need someone that can cover more of the field.

CBSSports review of him:

Quote:
STRENGTHS: Lanky, athletic hybrid defender with extensive starting experience at outside linebacker and safety. Very good diagnosis skills. Reads the action quickly and is rarely out of position. Experience in the box shows as he is comfortable in traffic, showing very good awareness and vision to weave through the trash to get to the ball.
Unselfish defender. Frequently takes out the legs of oncoming blockers, leaving teammates to make the easy tackle and occasionally wiping out the blockers and the ballcarrier, by himself.

Quick, short backpedal and good fluidity in his hips to change directions. Accelerates smoothly and has good speed, overall. Good body control and hands for the interception (11 over his career). Durable. Missed one game due to injury in three seasons as a starter.

WEAKNESSES: Size limitations will force Bailey to convert to a more traditional safety role in the NFL, a position he only started one season while with the Trojans (2013). Relies more on instincts and technique than physicality. Falls off too many tackles as he attempts to grab and pull ballcarriers to the ground rather than consistently driving through them. Missed spring of 2013 while recuperating from shoulder surgery following the 2012 season.

COMPARES TO: Eric Weddle, San Diego Chargers - It remains to be seen if Bailey can handle the transition to the NFL as well as the Chargers' All-Pro safety, but like Weddle at Utah, Bailey's instincts, fluidity and penchant for big plays made him a consistent and versatile difference-maker at the collegiate level.
Browns Draft so far:
Blake Bortles - QB - UCF
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - LSU
Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State
Carlos Hyde - RB - Ohio State
Dion Bailey - FS - USC
Old 03-21-2014   #835
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Arizona Cardinals select Ed Reynolds - Safety - Stanford - PAC12

Didn't the Cardinals just pick a safety? Yes, yes we did.

Mathieu is going to be playing Nickel Back a lot. Reynolds will play a lot at safety.

Patterson, Mathieu, Reynolds, Ward, Cromartie.

Thanks for passing.

Also, Reynolds had a 1st round grade from me so was too good to pass on.
Old 03-21-2014   #836
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Next up:

21(85) Green Bay Packers (mussop) (emailed)
22(86) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover)
23(87) Kansas City Chiefs (JCTexan)
24(88) Cincinnati Bengals (NCTexan)
25(89) San Diego Chargers (Texan4Ever)
26(90) Indianapolis Colts (Texian)
27(91) New Orleans Saints (Coon)
Old 03-21-2014   #837
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Bailey as a prospect. Solid versatility.
Old 03-21-2014   #838
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I like Bailey as a prospect. Solid versatility.
It was between him and Reynolds. Really the only two FS prospects that are worth a pick in the 3rd at this point IMO. I like Bailey's instincts, but Reynolds has much more experience at the position. Also, Reynolds tore an ACL a couple years ago, so that concerns me about his longevity. Either way, I think they can make an impact in year 1.
Old 03-21-2014   #839
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

GB selects CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
Old 03-21-2014   #840
Blake
MMQB

Via proxy, beerlover and the Eagles select:

Marcus Smith - DE - Louisville
6-3 252

2nd in nation (1/2 sack to Trent Murphy) w/14.5. thought he almost stole the show in bowl game over Bridgewater. has been working out @ OLB & looking natural according to his pro-day http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ter-chip-kelly

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read