Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2014   #801
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Francisco 49ers select...

Deone Bucannon - SS - Washington State - PAC-12

I cannot believe this beast is still on the board. I have him rated as my #2 Safety in the draft (behind Clinton-Dix) and the #1 SS. I grade him as a late first-rounder so I think he's an absolute steal here. I was on the verge of taking him with both of my 2nd round picks, but I resisted the temptation because SF really needed a CB and a WR. I can't pass any longer.

Bucannon goes 6-1, 211 lbs and has the long arms that SF wants in their DB's. He ran a sub 4.5-forty at the Combine and has top notch athleticism for the position. He doesn't have elite range, but his range is top notch for a SS. He can cover RB's and TE's and can obviously come up and make a hit. He's the total package as an in-the-box Safety and a perfect fit for the 49ers defense.
Another fantastic pick by WolverineFan.

#28 player on my board (#2 S). Complete steal this late in the draft.

He is another guy that I am absolutely in love with and for some reason the consensus doesn't agree with me. This kid is a future Pro Bowler.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #802
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Another fantastic pick by WolverineFan.

#28 player on my board (#2 S). Complete steal this late in the draft.

He is another guy that I am absolutely in love with and for some reason the consensus doesn't agree with me. This kid is a future Pro Bowler.
I'm with you on this one. I gambled on him slipping to me in the third. He almost did. Some ya win, some ya lose.
Old 03-20-2014   #803
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never seen Bucannon play, he wasn't even on my radar at all.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #804
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
In case you're interested, here's a selection of his tape:

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/deone-bucannon/
Old 03-20-2014   #805
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I feel very confident that he will be valued a lot higher by NFL teams than he is by the media.

I think drafnicks and media guys overlook him because of where he played. Mike Leach is his coach (nobody watches a Mike Leach team for defense) and lately, even before Leach, Washington St has had terrible defenses. Plus they are never on TV.

I haven't seen a bad game on tape. He's a 1st rounder.

14 tackles and 1 FF in an opening week 7 point loss at Auburn.

Even the games they got crushed in (Stanford, Oregon St, Oregon, Arizona St, Colorado St) he was still all over the field.

43 tackles, 2 TFL, 3 INTs, and 1 FF combined in those five games.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #806
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The San Francisco 49ers select...

Deone Bucannon - SS - Washington State - PAC-12

I cannot believe this beast is still on the board. I have him rated as my #2 Safety in the draft (behind Clinton-Dix) and the #1 SS. I grade him as a late first-rounder so I think he's an absolute steal here. I was on the verge of taking him with both of my 2nd round picks, but I resisted the temptation because SF really needed a CB and a WR. I can't pass any longer.

Bucannon goes 6-1, 211 lbs and has the long arms that SF wants in their DB's. He ran a sub 4.5-forty at the Combine and has top notch athleticism for the position. He doesn't have elite range, but his range is top notch for a SS. He can cover RB's and TE's and can obviously come up and make a hit. He's the total package as an in-the-box Safety and a perfect fit for the 49ers defense.
Great selection! Was hoping he would slip

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #807
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I feel very confident that he will be valued a lot higher by NFL teams than he is by the media.

I think drafnicks and media guys overlook him because of where he played. Mike Leach is his coach (nobody watches a Mike Leach team for defense) and lately, even before Leach, Washington St has had terrible defenses. Plus they are never on TV.
I agree. It's astounding to me that a guy like Calvin Pryor (no offense to him) is flying up draft boards while Bucannon is considered a 3rd round talent. Then again, how many media guys and draftniks were watching Wazzou instead of Louisville the last few years? Not many I bet. Despite playing in the Pac-12, Bucannon got almost no exposure and is severely under the radar.

Clinton-Dix and Bucannon are my top safeties in this draft and it's not close. I grade them both as 1st rounders. Pryor, Joyner, and Ward follow them with 2nd round grades.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #808
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Kony Ealy redeems himself, runs a mid 4.6 40 after running a 4.91 at the Combine. Rumors now suggest he could go as high as #10 to Detroit to team with Ansah.
Old 03-20-2014   #809
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

cowboys pick cyril richardson, baylor. i didnt see him picked, but tell me if im wrong.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #810
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

hes been picked. how do i see the updated list?
Old 03-20-2014   #811
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
hes been picked. how do i see the updated list?
The RESULTS thread should be fully updated.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #812
thetexanator
All Pro

cowboys select charles sims, rb wv.
Old 03-20-2014   #813
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quite a run on RBs at the moment.

Keep it up, more players for my Cardinals.

RB is one position where I think that the gap between UDFA and 1st rounder is the smallest. Especially given the lifespan of the average back.
Old 03-20-2014   #814
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
cowboys select

Charles Sims - RB - West Virginia - Big 12
Nice pick. He's my #3 ranked RB behind Sankey and Mason.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #815
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Proxy pick for htownfan32 via PM.

The Baltimore Ravens select...

Marcus Martin - C - USC - Pac-12

Center is a big question mark. Gino Gradkowski was sub par, Baltimore is investing heavily in TE and OL. If Kubes is going to be the OC, you better believe this team needs a strong O-line to run block and set up the play action.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #816
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

16(80) New York Jets (---) ON THE CLOCK: 7:00am - 11:00am

17(81) Miami Dolphins (htownfan32) PM'ed
18(82) Chicago Bears (steelbtexan)
19(83) Cleveland Browns (Dutchrudder)
20(84) Arizona Cardinals (kiwitexansfan)
21(85) Green Bay Packers (mussop)
22(86) Philadelphia Eagles (beerlover)

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #817
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Nobody claimed the Jets today so we will probably just group pick them tomorrow. If you would like to contribute then just give out a position group that you think they should address (no names).

For instance, I think pass rusher (OLB) is their biggest need on defense and TE & OL are big needs on offense. They have already addressed WR and CB thus far.

We'll take suggestions tonight and can start off tomorrow morning with the group pick and get this thing rolling again.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-20-2014   #818
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Trevor Reilly - OLB - Utah would be my pick for that position at this point.
Old 03-20-2014   #819
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will take on the Jets if that's OK.

Jackson Jeffcoat - DE/OLB Texas Big 12.

Jeffcoat is a born pass rusher. He has the abilty to turn the corner. He needs to gain strength so that he can turn power into strength. That can happen with the NFL workout regimen..

If I'm wrong for taking the Jets on please tell me. I've had a rough day.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #820
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will take on the Jets if that's OK.

Jackson Jeffcoat - DE/OLB Texas Big 12.

Jeffcoat is a born pass rusher. He has the abilty to turn the corner. He needs to gain strength so that he can turn power into strength. That can happen with the NFL workout regimen..

If I'm wrong for taking the Jets on please tell me. I've had a rough day.
I'd rather an individual ran the team myself.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read