Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2014   #81
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans (signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
If Smith gets a second or third for Schaub he will already be deserving of GM of the year...
.....more like McKenzie deserving of the GoMer of the year.........
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #82
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well, at least he won't kick our ass again.... Rams 33-27 OT win in which, BTW the Texans were up big (24-3 Texans at half)
Fitz's 1st games as a pro, and it might have been his best ever.
Old 03-20-2014   #83
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. Schaub is gone. Hopefully, we get something for him. If not, so be it.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #84
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't read the thread, but it seems only fitting that the team that gave him a career finally employs.

Can't wait for the Pickspatrick jokes to begin.
Old 03-20-2014   #85
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What can be said for Fitzpatrick is that he is indeed durable.........in his entire career, he has ended up on the injury list only 4 times!
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #86
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans land quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Quote:
With Fitzpatrick signing with the Texans, I guess we can finally stop the "Schaub may be coming back!" fear mongering, right?
I am Mclovin ‏@dabearmc
Quote:
@LanceZierlein Isn't Fitzpatrick Irish for "Schaub"?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #87
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL

Ryan Fitzpatrick's 2014 cap figure is $3.37 mil. By my calculations Texans should be $6.3 million under cap.

Fitzpatrick gets 2 years, 7.5 mil, 4 million guaranteed.
That is a terrible contract. Why the hell would we give 4m to Fitzpatrick? What does he do that nobody else at vet minimum can do?
Old 03-20-2014   #88
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Can't wait for the Pickspatrick jokes to begin.
Not unless Fitz sees the field, because I don't expect he will unless something dire happens. This is merely the obligatory veteran-on-the-roster move after the Texans lost out on McGowen the week before.

All this means is that the keeping Matt Schuab threads can be closed for good.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #89
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Whether you call it a curse or not, it is interesting that those playing ahead of him never enjoyed any long term success.
That's because they either sucked or couldn't stay healthy (some had both issues) to begin with.. In almost every case they had that problem well before Fitzpatrick came to town. It's not because Fitz put some curse on them. He's just another "Jon Kitna" type journeyman QB.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 03-21-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #90
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That is a terrible contract. Why the hell would we give 4m to Fitzpatrick? What does he do that nobody else at vet minimum can do?
O'Brian plans to start him. Draft & develop somebody but not from 1st rd. If I remember correctly he can throw a decent deep ball. I don't know, its been a strange, strange year

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #91
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
And this is the REAL question we should be asking ourselves!

I had to meet Rick Smith in person before I became convinced that he wasn't my wife, with all this frivolous spending, time and time again.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #92
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were to guess I think this means Fitzpatrick is the starter for a year or two and Clowney is chosen with the #1 pick. Meanwhile, they either draft a QB in the 2nd-4th to groom as Fitzpatrick's replacement or pick someone in 2015. I'm okay with that I think. Watt and Clowney on the d-line would be scary good.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #93
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans

This is great news indeed! Another nail in the coffin for Matt Schaub's tenure as a Houston Texan! Woooo!!!!
Old 03-20-2014   #94
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick visiting Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
This is great news indeed! Another nail in the coffin for Matt Schaub's tenure as a Houston Texans! Woooo!!!!
Just wish they wouldn't drag it out. I know....."reasons"...upcoming draft, don't show cards, yadda yadda yadda....

But its killing me.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If I were to guess I think this means Fitzpatrick is the starter for a year or two and Clowney is chosen with the #1 pick. Meanwhile, they either draft a QB in the 2nd-4th to groom as Fitzpatrick's replacement or pick someone in 2015. I'm okay with that I think. Watt and Clowney on the d-line would be scary good.
I'm thinking he's one more starting QB for Keenum to beat out of a job. He already took Schaub's job, taking it from a second veteran QB will legitimize him as the one true Texans starter.
Old 03-20-2014   #96
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm thinking he's one more starting QB for Keenum to beat out of a job. He already took Schaub's job, taking it from a second veteran QB will legitimize him as the one true Texans starter.
Bill O'Brien is the Highlander?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #97
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
And this is the REAL question we should be asking ourselves!

I had to meet Rick Smith in person before I became convinced that he wasn't my wife, with all this frivolous spending, time and time again.
he got less than Cassell or Henne to perform the same role and about the same as Charlie Whitehurst who is closer to a pure back-up than he is???
Old 03-20-2014   #98
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
O'Brian plans to start him. Draft & develop somebody but not from 1st rd. If I remember correctly he can throw a decent deep ball. I don't know, its been a strange, strange year
I think this is it.

Smart QB to pick up the system well, knows he isn't the long term answer so will be comfortable bringing someone along.
Old 03-20-2014   #99
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Fitz's 1st games as a pro, and it might have been his best ever.
Yessir. It was in fact his first game as a pro... Certainly it was his best EVER!!

That said, it stung a lot, but didn't he beat the Texans as a Buffalo Bill also?

I dunno man, I'm shootin' from the hip.
Old 03-20-2014   #100
texan_joe
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan_joe is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming Schaub is not gonna be on the roster, Fitzpatrick will be the best QB on the roster. I would love for them to take Bridgewater, but I think the #1 spot is Clowney's to lose. I think as an organization the Texas pretty much know next season is a transition year and they'll take a QB next season, be it Winston, Mariota, Hundley or whoever.
If they don't take Bridgewater, the only other quarterback I would like to see them take a run at is Aaron Murray in the 3rd.
texan_joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read