Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-17-2014   #221
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Time is up. I really hate to group pick is first pick. Give him more time or move on?
I say give him one more hour.

I also say if he misses this pick don't make them a group pick for the rest of the draft, give him a chance to come back.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #222
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta be Manziel, right?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #223
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Gotta be Manziel, right?
Him or Matthews I would think. With Clowney off the board I think it's an Aggie.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #224
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Gotta be Manziel, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Him or Matthews I would think. With Clowney off the board I think it's an Aggie.
I dont think Matthews is on the radar with LT Menelik Watson and RT Austin Howard (15 million guaranteed) as the bookends. And I dont know if Clowney was at the top of their needs list with Woodley, Antonio Smith and Justin Tuck all signing.

I think WR Watkins, LB Barr, LB Mack, LB Mosley, CB Gilbert, and maybe QB Manziel.

I would probably take Gilbert or Watkins for them. They gots tha speed.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #225
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

Manzel for Oakland. I like the fit for both team and player.
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #226
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think Matthews is on the radar with LT Menelik Watson and RT Austin Howard (15 million guaranteed) as the bookends. And I dont know if Clowney was at the top of their needs list with Woodley, Antonio Smith and Justin Tuck all signing.

I think WR Watkins, LB Barr, LB Mack, LB Mosley, CB Gilbert, and maybe QB Manziel.

I would probably take Gilbert or Watkins for them. They gots tha speed.
Watson has been battling leg injuries since he got drafted and only played in 5 games last year. He was set to play RT this year, but is now slotted in at LT because of the botched Saffold signing. I could see them taking Watkins because he's probably BPA, but QB and OL are definitely their biggest needs on offense. They did let their best OL walk though so who knows.

As for Clowney, they have been linked to him forever and he would likely be their BPA if he was available. Of the 3 DE's they signed, only 1 is younger than 30 so I don't think that's a deterrent to drafting Clowney. I don't see them taking Gilbert because they just signed Tarrell Brown and drafted a CB in the 1st last year. Mack is a possibility although unlikely. Too early for Mosley.

I guess if I'm choosing for them I'm choosing between Manziel, Matthews, and Watkins. JMO.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-17-2014   #227
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was ME drafting, I'd take Watkins, hands down.

But I expect them to take Manziel.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #228
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there is NO chance it's Manziel. This pick is Watkins or Matthews all day. Coupled with the fact that Donald Penn left without a contract after Saffold's $42.5 MM deal fell through I gotta believe LT is a pressing issue for the Raiders.

Giving him Manziel right there (all obviously just my opinion) will really throw off this mock the way that Michael Irvin threw off the NFL Network mock draft by taking Geno #1 after Mike Mayock repeatedly telling him not to do it.

Once again, we should probably just have a voting area with a simple button click. I could see my response possibly causing debate which isn't really the intention here.

EDIT: If they had ANY faith in Menelik Watson, I assure you they wouldn't have inked an injured Saffold to a $42.5 MM deal before the failed physical. And Clowney was drafted at #3.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #229
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

I'm actually leaning Watkins at this point, now that his name has been brought up and I've thought about it.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-17-2014   #230
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Just gonna throw this out there.....

IMO, we should give MistaRed an extra hour or two. We weren't supposed to start until this morning but we got 4 picks out of the way last night. How's the guy supposed to know that he started the day on the clock? He probably wasn't expecting to be on the clock until around noon at the earliest.
True, but I checked last activity times last night and he was on the clock when he was online, so he needed only to check. That means he was online on two different occassions when he was on the clock. It's a bit annoying to have this happen so early. Anyway, I will not vote on group pick because Tampa is coming up 2 picks later and I am biased.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #231
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot to mention that everyone participating in the draft needs to enable emails in their User Profile. We can send emails to folks when they are on the clock. Don't worry, your email won't be public.

Please go to USER CP at the top of your screen. Click Edit Options on the left, then make sure the box is checked to receive email. Also make sure you have a good email listed in your Details section.

Old 03-17-2014   #232
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I was forced to register for this forum w/ my work email because it didn't allow me to use my hotmail or gmail and I have no intention of these things going to my work email, sorry.

I tried to change my email just now and it still won't allow me to use either my hotmail or my gmail addresses.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #233
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we're group picking it has to be Matthews, IMO. Even if he doesn't work out at LT he can be very valuable because they are garbage on the interior as well.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #234
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I was forced to register for this forum w/ my work email because it didn't allow me to use my hotmail or gmail and I have no intention of these things going to my work email, sorry.

I tried to change my email just now and it still won't allow me to use either my hotmail or my gmail addresses.
I actually have the exact same problem, so I can't get emails. The email I used back in the day was a university email that no longer exists and I can't change to my gmail.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #235
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry MistaRed. Im going to give the Raiders Sammy Watkins.

I think Watson is expected to take LT, and 26 year old Howard was signed to a high dollar contract to man RT allowing them to upgrade at WR.

We all know the Raiders are known for loving speed. And Watkins has alot of it. A dynamic playmaker who will help his new QB, Matt Schaub.

Old 03-17-2014   #236
Blake
MMQB

JCTexan was gracious enough to proxy his pick to me.

The Atlanta Falcons select Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo - MAC

JCTexan can explain the pick when he gets in.

Old 03-17-2014   #237
Blake
MMQB

07(07) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (TexansSeminole) ON THE CLOCK 12:30-4:30
08(08) Minnesota Vikings () ON DECK
09(09) Buffalo Bills (Blake) IN THE HOLE
Old 03-17-2014   #238
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry MistaRed. Im going to give the Raiders Sammy Watkins...
Correct selection, imo fwiw.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #239
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't go wrong with Sammy. Oakland needs help on offense.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #240
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
JCTexan was gracious enough to proxy his pick to me.

The Atlanta Falcons select Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo - MAC

JCTexan can explain the pick when he gets in.

Sure thing!

Given the re-build of the defensive line with veterans Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson and a switch to the 3-4 defense, getting a pass-rushing OLB who is also the Best Player Available here makes too much sense to pass up. Mack also has experience playing in Buffalo's 3-4 defense where he played as a hybrid linebacker.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read