Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-10-2014   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Antonio Smith: at least two Fa vistis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-up-this-week/

looking like a former Texans
Old 03-10-2014   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Antonio Smith: at least two Fa vistis

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Quote:
One DE who had flow under the radar? Antonio Smith, ex-#Texans star. He has 2 visits lined up and 4 teams interested. Should be this week
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #3
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Go see what you can get Antonio...We'll see if we can match it or get close.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #4
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sayonara Ninja Smith. He was a good player for us. I wish we could keep him, but I doubt we will. Best of luck, unless he's playing against us.
Old 03-10-2014   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, wonder if AS ends up in the 3-4 or 4-3 ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
If Antonio Smith doesn't return to the #Texans he said he will retire the ninja assassin character forever. #whataloss
Old 03-11-2014   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN

That frankly sounds like a player who would prefer to return to the Texans more than the usual "i'd like to return" comments.
Old 03-11-2014   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Quote:
Free agent DE Antonio Smith:"The Texans said that they are very interested in signing me...but they want to see what the market is on me."

Antonio Smith on favorite Texans memory: ""All of them. All my memories of the Texans. I loved my time there."

Free agent DE Antonio Smith on visits set with the Redskins, Titans, Rams & Raiders: ""I feel flattered, man, I feel flattered,"Smith said.

Free agent DE Antonio Smith: "I have visits to Washington, Tennessee, the Rams then Oakland."
Old 03-11-2014   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Losing Smith is going to hurt but he just doesn't fit the new Crennel 3-4 system and he's expensive. I wish him all the best, except when he's playing the Texans, but it's a business.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I dunno, wonder if AS ends up in the 3-4 or 4-3 ?
That's a major selling point for him, scheme versatility. But, I don't think Ninja will get what he got here.
Old 03-11-2014   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans star Antonio Smith? LOL

Party On Antonio Peace Out.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I always liked AS, hate to see him go, but if he does, our penaltys will go down an average of 11 yards per game, since he was good for one offsides and a 15 yarder every other week. Although a fair amount of those 15 yarders were bullsh*t.
Old 03-12-2014   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That frankly sounds like a player who would prefer to return to the Texans more than the usual "i'd like to return" comments.
I think it is more a commentary on how he's developed a "character" at each of his NFL teams. In Arizona he was Scooby and had "the world's biggest left arm", or something to that effect. Here in Houston, obviously, he was the Ninja Assassin. He'll develop something else wherever he lands next.

Travis Johnson (who I think is completely and totally awful and I can't fathom how he keeps landing spots on the radio, but I digress) was on 610 yesterday and had just spoken to Antonio and stated rather confidently that he thought Antonio would end up in Tennessee. Sounded like more than a hunch.
Old 03-12-2014   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I think it is more a commentary on how he's developed a "character" at each of his NFL teams. In Arizona he was Scooby and had "the world's biggest left arm", or something to that effect. Here in Houston, obviously, he was the Ninja Assassin. He'll develop something else wherever he lands next.

Travis Johnson (who I think is completely and totally awful and I can't fathom how he keeps landing spots on the radio, but I digress) was on 610 yesterday and had just spoken to Antonio and stated rather confidently that he thought Antonio would end up in Tennessee. Sounded like more than a hunch.
You have to take what Travis says with a grain of salt. He seems very pissed at the business of the NFL. He has good contacts and information due to his relationship with current NFL players but he slurs his words too much for me to enjoy listening to him.

Travis did suggest that BOB and the Texans will try to get rid of the leader type guys that they can. And I think Smith fits the mold there. High priced FA that I think could be considered a leader.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ds-in-oakland/

now a Raider
Old 03-14-2014   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He only missed it by 2000 or so miles.
Old 03-14-2014   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think he's awful too .... and comes off as a racist SOB at times to top it off.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read