Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it depends on what kind of window you're looking at. Signing Demarcus Ware for 3 years doesn't make sense for us, because most believe we won't be a Super Bowl contender for 3 or 4 years.

But if they can get a starting RT for $5M/yr for the next 4 or 5 years.... why not? Or even a smart ILB to play next to Cushing & provide a viable option if Cushing isn't who we need him to be.

I appear to be in the minority. My goal is to be the next 2-14 team to go 11-5. Our schedule favors it, not just the SOS, but the pedigree of the teams we'll be facing.

I know we've got holes all over the team & the biggest question mark at QB. But we're two years removed from scoring 26 ppg & last year we were still in the top 7 for yards gained. I believe we've got 3/5ths of our OL figured out, put some big bodies up there that can play & we've got a good shot at 30ppg.

Not easy to do, but I think we can make a good run at it & get into the play offs.
As I said, a RT makes sense because we will have a new QB from the 2014 draft coming. We need to keep him protected and ensure we don't wind up with another David Carr. We should be focusing on how to make our new QB successful, so that we can build around him for the future. A TE makes sense too, but I see Graham has re-signed. Could still use another. Just build around that QB and worry about 2015.

The biggest turnaround in NFL history was the 1998 Rams who got Kurt Warner after going 4-12, and then won the 99 Super Bowl. No team who won less than 4 games the previous season has ever made it to the Super Bowl. I don't think the Texans are in position to change that stat, so let's be smart and build for the future.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read