Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2014   #241
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Welp, both of 2013's NTs are gone with no replacements. Man, we're going to have a boatload of holes to fill. By the way FA looks, it will be with rookies and JAGs.

It's good that we don't have NTs coming back this year that do not fit our scheme.
Old 03-12-2014   #242
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Browns release QBs Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell; LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #243
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith needs to be fired immediately. This crappy team is getting worse and he is not lifting a finger to get us better. Does this idiot think we have 20 draft picks this year?

How the hell are we going to fill these holes. Are we going to have half our team be UDFA making the minimum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #244
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Any good O Tackles left in FA anyone would like?

Are Breno G and Anthony Collins as good as signed?

I'm all about Zach Strief. Anyone think we can land that dude for a few years?

Then there is still Michael Oher, Eric Winston or maybe even Tyson Clabo. Definitely prefer Strief though.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #245
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Wondering if Ziggy Hood would be an affordable Antonio replacement. Thought about Tyson Jackson, but he is already gone.

Terrance Cody's big fat ass will hopefully come to town.

I can guess that BJ Raji ain't in the Texans price range
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #246
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Rick Smith needs to be fired immediately. This crappy team is getting worse and he is not lifting a finger to get us better. Does this idiot think we have 20 draft picks this year?

How the hell are we going to fill these holes. Are we going to have half our team be UDFA making the minimum?

The teams that do "door buster shopping" in free agency nearly always pay too damned much. Unless there's someone we just HAVE to HAVE in free agency it's better to wait until that first wave of panic buyers subsides and then get who's left at a much more reasonable price.

Remember by not panic buying, we got J-Jo and D. Manning for what Asomugha would have cost us.

seems like I get to use this every year
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #247
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

My theory: McClain is a mouthpiece for the Texans FO right now. Drive up Schaubs value and get someone (Browns, Jets, raiders) to trade for him. Moment that happens there will be at least 2-3 quick signings
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #248
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We're in day 2 of free agency. Relax.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #249
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
We're in day 2 of free agency. Relax.

How the hell am I supposed to relax when we have Rick Smith as our GM. What has he done the past couple seasons to give you any reasonable hope that he knows what he is doing?

We had GLARING HOLES this past season. We have steadily LOST TALENT since 2011. Other than 2011, when have the Texans ever made good moves during free agency? We are always a step behind and too slow. The Texans are truly an infuriating franchise to root for. Thank God for the Rockets.
Old 03-12-2014   #250
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How the hell am I supposed to relax when we have Rick Smith as our GM. What has he done the past couple seasons to give you any reasonable hope that he knows what he is doing?

We had GLARING HOLES this past season. We have steadily LOST TALENT since 2011. Other than 2011, when have the Texans ever made good moves during free agency? We are always a step behind and too slow. The Texans are truly an infuriating franchise to root for. Thank God for the Rockets.
Ever heard the saying that day 1 of NFL free agency is the dumbest day of the year?
Old 03-12-2014   #251
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

drafted J.J. Watt, Brian Cushing, Duane Brown

And just a couple of years ago the Rockets were crap too.

Let's just see how it all unfolds.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #252
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how much Steve Smith is going to command? I would love to see him in the slot in this offense.
Old 03-12-2014   #253
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Let these teams keep spending dumb money,then move in. By next week I will be ready for my mock.
Old 03-12-2014   #254
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I have seen how it unfolds the past 8 years. 2 playoff appearances. That's it. That is poor to mediocre track record at best. I was thinking like y'all are here last offseason. I am not fooling myself again with this franchise.
Old 03-13-2014   #255
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop quoting this ****ing guy.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #256
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have seen how it unfolds the past 8 years. 2 playoff appearances. That's it. That is poor to mediocre track record at best. I was thinking like y'all are here last offseason. I am not fooling myself again with this franchise.
Sounds like a man wising up to me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #257
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol I don't see the texans signing any meaningful free agent football player.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #258
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

So, are the Texans so cash-strapped that they can't even make a run at second-tier players like Lamar Woodley, Tyson Jackson, or Brandon Spikes?

D-Ware or Revis weren't ever coming obviously, but I was hoping for some average free agents to fill some holes. Aren't there only two defensive linemen on the roster? Cam Thomas and Ziggy Hood are out there.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #259
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

so i thought the plan was to pick up 3 starters in fa and 2-3 starters in the draft.
what are we doing? maybe were planning on getting 6 starters in the draft?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014   #260
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Lol do you understand why a Houston nfl football franchise has never made an appearance in the super bowl? All the guys you mentioned being drafted what kind of impact does that make on a team like the Texans? They suck at qb and have way bigger holes at other more important positions. Just like last offseason while everyone else is getting better we do nothing at all... then we expect to be successful? This is not New England were there is a great qb in a winning system and franchise this is the Houston Texans where the owner just want to give the fans false hope to keep the seats filled. I think more people like myself are truly starting to realize this. So go enjoy the rodeo events because that is all Bob McNair is focused on right now...
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read