Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-11-2014   #161
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 40321 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Saints reached agreement with S Jairus Byrd on a six-year deal.
shocker....

I'm in shock.

RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #162
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Quote:
#Chiefs are interested in veteran ILB Joe Mays, who Andy Reid selected in the 6th round of the 2008 draft.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #163
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out @AdamSchefter's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...25191680159744

Peppers being released.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #164
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib
Potential for Broncos to add Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, and DeMarcus Ware and return Von Miller, among others. #allin

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin
Quote:
The reported $26 million guarantee for Talib is the highest ever for a CB, surpassing Brandon Carr's $25.5 million
Old 03-11-2014   #165
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

damn, with that Verner got from TB...i wish we'd of been in on him.

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #166
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it was posted here, but just an FYI the Jags found their MJD replacement...

Jaguars sign RB Toby Gerhart (3 years, $10.5M; $4.5M gtd)

lol...
Old 03-12-2014   #167
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins locked up Texans defensive tackle Earl Mitchell with a four-year, $16 million deal, with $9 million guaranteed.

Trent Richardson is the lead RB in Indianapolis as Donald Brown has joined the Chargers, as initially reported by Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. Brown agreed to the three-year contract, with a base value of $10.5 million. Of that amount, $4 million in guaranteed.
Old 03-12-2014   #168
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

This is interesting, Tampa and Denver are getting the most out of their dollars.

Old 03-12-2014   #169
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

At some point Denver's going to have to pay for all of this FA spending they've done these past couple of years, no?

Or are they the new Philly?
Old 03-12-2014   #170
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate's currently in Cleveland for a visit

Chris Williams stays in Buffalo

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 26m
G Chris Williams signing a four-year, $13.5 million deal that includes $5.5 million guaranteed with the Buffalo Bills.
Old 03-12-2014   #171
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't think it was posted here, but just an FYI the Jags found their MJD replacement...

Jaguars sign RB Toby Gerhart (3 years, $10.5M; $4.5M gtd)

lol...
Toby ran like a beast in college. I think if given an extended opportunity that dude can show out. I'm definitely going to sneak him onto my fantasy football team.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #172
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Eagles signed former Texans LB Bryan Braman to a two-year, $3.15 million deal, including $1 million guarnteeed via @seanstellato.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Chris Williams stays in Buffalo
Was a Ram.
Old 03-12-2014   #173
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
At some point Denver's going to have to pay for all of this FA spending they've done these past couple of years, no?

Or are they the new Philly?
They will pay for it after Peyton retires.

Saw this on Donte Whitner, pretty cool:

Quote:

At 6 years old, Whitner was playing catch in his Kinsman Road driveway, and the ball rolled into the street. He darted out after it and was struck by a car driving down the street. His mom, Deborah Robinson, got the call at work that her eldest son had been hit by a car, and she was convinced he was dead.

"Nobody would tell me anything but that he had been hit," she said. "All I could think of was that he was gone and they weren't telling me."

She raced home from her job at a nearby nursing home, blinded by her tears and screaming hysterically. "I could've been killed myself," she said. She was driven to Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, where Whitner had been taken by ambulance.

"I had to be strong in front of him," she said. "But the doctors told me he'd probably never walk again and that he'd never, ever play sports again."

Whitner's legs had been shattered in 15 places, and he was placed in a full-body cast for six months. Robinson bought a little red wagon to cart him around, and carried him up and down the stairs at home. After that, he was placed in a half-cast for another eight weeks and then had to learn how to walk all over again.

"He kept trying to tear those casts off his legs," she said. Whitner vividly recalls being told by the doctors that he would probably never walk again.

"Even when you're 6, you understand what it means when somebody tells you you're not going to walk or play sports again," said Whitner. "It was the first time in my life where I actually had to believe in myself when nobody else did."

About four months after he took those first steps, he asked his mom to buy him a basketball hoop.

"I didn't want to do it," said Robinson. "I was so scared those little legs were going to pop. But I couldn't say no. He was so under the weather that he needed something. Sports was all he thought about."

Before long, Whitner was shooting hoops. By age 8, he wanted to play Pop Warner football, but knew his mom would never let him. He forged her signature and had his aunt help him get the physical.

"One day, his coach called me and said, 'Where's Donte? He's missed a few practices and we really need him!' " recalled Robinson. "I said, 'You must be talking about one of my nephews. Donte doesn't play football.' "

Robinson searched the back porch and found Whitner's hidden uniform.

"He had stopped going because he thought I wouldn't approve," said Robinson, who keeps the forged registration form in a frame. "And he's right, I probably would've never let him play."

As time went on, word kept getting back to Robinson about how good her son was in football. "I went and watched and I could see what they were talking about, when I was able to keep my eyes open."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._browns_1.html
Old 03-12-2014   #174
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles sign another former Houston Texan

Quote:
And on the second day of 2014 NFL free agency, the Eagles continued to rebuild their special teams unit. Earlier in the day, they signed safety/special teams ace Chris Margaros. Now, the Eagles have announced the signing of linebacker/special teams contributor Bryan Braman. It's a 2-year deal for Braman.

Braman, 26, was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Houston Texans in 2011. He stands tall at 6-5, 251 lbs.

Most importantly, though, Braman is tough. Look at him make this tackle despite not having his helmet on:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...an-free-agency
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #175
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles sign another former Houston Texan

We don't need a new thread for every signing. Please use the free agent tracker thread.
Old 03-12-2014   #176
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles sign another former Houston Texan

Good for Braman! He has quite the back story. None of this came easy to him. I wish him all the best with one of the Cowboys' division rivals.
Old 03-12-2014   #177
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Looks like my dinner tonight will not include hats.

@AdamSchefter 37s
Former Texans defensive tackle Earl Mitchell is expected to land a 4-yr, $16M deal that includes $9M GTD with Dolphins.
Getting closer...

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Quote:
Earl Mitchell Dolphins deal: four years, $19 million, $8 million guaranteed, $2 million bonus, salaries $3 million, $4M, $2.975M, $3.975M
Old 03-12-2014   #178
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Either way, the Dolphins are overpaying him. That's too much guaranteed and APY. I don't think anyone else was really fighting for him.
Old 03-12-2014   #179
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Philly is going to like Braman...
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014   #180
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I think Philly is going to like Braman...
A hard worker? Veteran? Special team standout? 1M guaranteed? Whats not to LOVE?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read