Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2014   #801
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Just heard on my local sports talk that Texans acquired Mallett....
Here we go..
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #802
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where is local?
Old 03-11-2014   #803
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There no way you can say that with a straight poker face.
Old 03-11-2014   #804
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen that anywhere...Even went to a Pats board and nothing...
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #805
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 294395 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Where is local?
Mike Lombardi must not have left Cleveland yet.

Quote:
Cleveland Sports ‏@CLE_216_SPORTS_
Quote:
3-Way Trade: Patriots send QB Ryan Mallett to Texans, Panthers send WR Steve Smith to Patriots, and Texans send 33rd Pick to Panthers.
Because everybody thinks Stevie m$%^$^%*&g Smith = 2-1 in 2014.

Not buying it until Schefter tweets it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #806
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Mike Lombardi must not have left Cleveland yet.

Because everybody thinks Stevie m$%^$^%*&g Smith = 2-1 in 2014.

Not buying it until Schefter tweets it.
Yeah I might be buying it if it weren't of that...who the hell would give up a #33 for old man Smith...certainly not a stupid move the Pat and Bill would make.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #807
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans after McCown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
QB rating in 2013...

Romo - 96.7
Roethlisberger - 92.0
Ryan - 89.6
Flacco - 73.1
Schaub - 73.0
Manning - 69.4

A few guys don't belong in that discussion...
Eh... it's hard to say, Schaub didn't get to play it out. Either way, none of them were able to put the team on their backs & carry them past 8 wins. Goofy way to judge QB play, I know... but everyone else does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
when are figuring the "what will it cost us" you have to take into account the dollars you may spend to bring someone else in. Replacement cost cant be overlooked if you are wanting to bring in a vet to either stop gap or help mentor
True... true.
Old 03-11-2014   #808
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 62488 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
How about we not define the most likely result as a failure and Smith getting outmaneuvered by a demi-god? A 2nd has always been the most likely outcome for any team trading for Mallett. Anything less should be deemed a major coup.
If we give up 2-33, then I want Mallet and their 3rd at the minimum.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #809
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
If we give up 2-33, then I want Mallet and their 3rd at the minimum.
People in hell want ice water.

There's almost no value to them in that.
Old 03-11-2014   #810
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 8368 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People in hell want ice water.

I'd ask for coffee myself

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #811
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 62488 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I was never a fan of Mallett. Another in a long line of QB prospects who was overrated due to their size and arm strength.

I do admit that there are things to like about Mallett. But for me, the negatives always outweighed the positives. The biggest negative being that he was a consistent failure in the 4th quarter of games, which I documented in a post a couple of months ago when this idea first came up.

I also said at that time that it would take at least our #33 to get him, when many were thinking he could be had for our #65. NE has all the leverage in a deal like this, which I don't like. If O'Brien signs off on this then obviously I'm on board, but IMO Mallett is not a long term answer. And a trade like this would require a long term commitment, much like the Schaub trade did.

Mallett would be the best QB on this roster next year if we make no other changes, but he would just be the best of a bad group. Again, in my opinion. I see a potential franchise QB (yes, Bridgewater) at #1 who would be better in year 1 and better moving forward. That's what I'd do.
I disagree. The Patriots have no leverage unless another team is bidding him up. They lose Mallet for nothing next year. I understand them trying to act like they have the leverage, but it's all bluff.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #812
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If it's true it must mean the Texans have decided not to take a QB at 1.1 and I am saddened. Better to take a top prospect at 1.1 than a backup at 2.1, which is the gist of what we have heard. Couldn't we have arranged a 3-way trade to get Mallett for Daniels, instead of juist releasing him?
Seegara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #813
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
If it's true it must mean the Texans have decided not to take a QB at 1.1 and I am saddened. Better to take a top prospect at 1.1 than a backup at 2.1, which is the gist of what we have heard. Couldn't we have arranged a 3-way trade to get Mallett for Daniels, instead of juist releasing him?
Don't entertain the troll, it's not true.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #814
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly not trying to troll. I was listening and I did a double take. Looked up on ESPN/NFL.com and didn't see anything. They then started talking about Brotles stock and how it relates to the Mallett supposed acquisition
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #815
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly not trying to troll. I was listening and I did a double take. Looked up on ESPN/NFL.com and didn't see anything. They then started talking about Brotles stock and how it relates to the Mallett supposed acquisition
Okay then, where do you live where you heard this? You just gotta know that you gotta back up bold stuff if you're gonna post it in a forum full of die-hards, lol.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #816
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
FYI - your change thread is in the tech forum.
Old 03-11-2014   #817
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you're SURE it was the radio and not The Voices in your head?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #818
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
They then started talking about Brotles stock and how it relates to the Mallett supposed acquisition
Did they drop him to the 2nd round?
Old 03-11-2014   #819
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Ed Reed, Chewbaca, and Big Foot pick him up and head to Benihana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #820
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I disagree. The Patriots have no leverage unless another team is bidding him up. They lose Mallet for nothing next year. I understand them trying to act like they have the leverage, but it's all bluff.
Who needs a guy like Mallett more? The team with Tom Brady or the team with Matt Schaub and Case Keenum?

We have more to gain from acquiring him than they stand to lose from letting him walk, which they know. Plus they likely get a comp pick if he leaves as a FA next year, because on the open market he will get a pretty decent deal, whether he deserves it or not. So yes, they have the leverage. And any trade would likely cost us at least our #33.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read