Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2014   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our New Schemes on Both Sides of the Ball Will Promote Adaptability

Out of the potential QBs coming up this May, which QB does this describe - based on what we've heard of course....
Quote:
This next one to me is really, really important. With all the multiplicity of the defenses these days, defenses at every level you’re seeing even, odd, we call it diamond, bear defense. You’re seeing bear. You’re seeing overload blitz. You’re seeing up the middle blitz. You’re seeing man-free, blitz zero. You’re seeing blitz zone, from the field, from the boundary. With all that, in my opinion, your quarterback has to be intelligent. He has to have a great football IQ. And if he doesn’t, if he can’t learn it, then he should play another position. I’m telling you, because nowadays that guy once he’s out on the field has got to be like a coach on the field. He has to understand what you want, how you want to attack the defense, and he’s got to understand football. In order to do it, he’s got to put work in."
any guesses?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Out of the potential QBs coming up this May, which QB does this describe - based on what we've heard of course....

any guesses?
McCarron

Or Jimmy Garoppolo even

Bridgewater is not the only guy who studies defenses.
Old 03-10-2014   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kinda makes me think Casey, Tate, & Brandon Harris were all Rick Smith picks & not Kubiak picks.
James Casey got a fat contract from the use he got. Not sure what you mean about Tate. He was behind a better RB and still almost hit 1000 yds in his healthy year. Harris was a Wade call all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
It's because Kubiak was not a good head coach and he was too stressed to do things like that.
I guess the Eagles HC really sucks then since after giving him that fat contract he was virtually unused. 3 rec. last season.
Old 03-10-2014   #44
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I guess the Eagles HC really sucks then since after giving him that fat contract he was virtually unused. 3 rec. last season.
Yes, because a third string TE for a team that rarely uses 3 TE's is the same thing as a starting FB/back-up TE on a team that used those positions quite a bit.

The point is that Kubiak started a guy/played him quite a bit and didn't use him to the best of his abilities.

What that has to do with the Eagles I don't know.

Insert Bunny with Pancake on his head.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, because a third string TE for a team that rarely uses 3 TE's is the same thing as a starting FB/back-up TE on a team that used those positions quite a bit.

The point is that Kubiak started a guy/played him quite a bit and didn't use him to the best of his abilities.

What that has to do with the Eagles I don't know.

Insert Bunny with Pancake on his head.
The bunny is for you, the person who is apparently smarter than two NFL head coaches, both with offensive backgrounds. They just couldn't figure out how to properly use him but you can.

And duh, third string TE was not the original intent. You don't sign third string TEs to 3 years $12 mil.
Old 03-10-2014   #46
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The bunny is for you, the person who is apparently smarter than two NFL head coaches, both with offensive backgrounds. They just couldn't figure out how to properly use him but you can.
Well this is a message board. Do you feel that way about every topic commented on in which people aren't professionals in the field, or just when you get your panties in a bunch? Also, nice broad brush stroke there. Because I commented that I disagreed with one aspect of Kubiak's coaching I think I'm smarter than him and another coach which I have not commented on at all. You are ridiculous.

Quote:
And duh, third string TE was not the original intent. You don't sign third string TEs to 3 years $12 mil.
What Philadelphia signed him to and used him as is not relevant to anything that I've said. But nice slight of hand I guess.

But I'll play anyways...why not...It's kind of fun...

Maybe Philly signed him...And then realized they had better players...Or maybe they signed him...and then in the draft when they found a better player they couldn't pass up the upgrade...

Bottom line is there is no connection between Philly and what Casey's ultimate role as a third string player and how Kubiak used him as a starter except maybe in your mind. But I guess when you're reaching you gotta make wacky connections.
Old 03-10-2014   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Well this is a message board. Do you feel that way about every topic commented on in which people aren't professionals in the field, or just when you get your panties in a bunch?
Doesn't come up very often where someone claims superiority to two head coaches in their areas of specialty. You jumped smooth into the armchair and pulled out the remote.

Quote:
What Philadelphia signed him to and used him as is not relevant to anything that I've said. But nice slight of hand I guess.
Of course it is relevant. Casey was playing for peanuts for us yet Kubiak is a bad HC because he couldn't figure out how to use him when it was oh so obvious. Kelly is paying Casey serious coin and getting even less play showing he clearly is too dim to figure out something so obvious as well. Or...both of them disagree with your assessment.
Old 03-10-2014   #48
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
Doesn't come up very often where someone claims superiority to two head coaches in their areas of specialty. You jumped smooth into the armchair and pulled out the remote.
You either can't read or you're trolling or you have maybe the worst comprehension of anyone ever.

Quote:
Of course it is relevant. Casey was playing for peanuts for us yet Kubiak is a bad HC because he couldn't figure out how to use him when it was oh so obvious. Kelly is paying Casey serious coin and getting even less play showing he clearly is too dim to figure out something so obvious as well. Or...both of them disagree with your assessment.

So not using a guy to the best of their ability is the same as not playing a guy much at all?

I commented on Tkyss post about Casey
not being used as best as he could. Nowhere did I say that Casey was a beast and should be starting. But if you are going to use him in that role, you would think that the coach would use him at what he's best at. Kelly ending up not playing him at all because he found better players has absolutely nothing to do with Kubiak starting a guy and then using him in a role that he wasn't best suited for.

Let me spell it out for you in plain terms..

-I think Kubiak Used Casey incorrectly as a mostly a lead blocker.
-Did Philly mess up by signing him to a nice contract and not playing him much? I don't know. Apparently you do. Maybe you think you are smarter than Chip Kelly or whoever made that decision.
-Does Philly use Casey wrong when he does play? I have No idea and again couldn't care less

The connection isn't there. But again, nice try. Listen if you really can't understand that, then I just feel bad for you. If you're trolling me, you got me.
Old 03-10-2014   #49
_King_
All Pro

Quote:
James Casey got a fat contract from the use he got.
That's you making up a narrative in your mind.

They weren't giving him a "fat contract" to be a mostly lead blocking FB. They were paying him that money based on how they felt he projected into their offense.

Maybe they were wrong since they didn't use him much. Maybe you think you are smarter than Chip Kelly since you think they gave a third string TE a fat contract and then he barely did anything.
Old 03-11-2014   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

During this Twitter conversation about the cap, there may have be a little hint as to what kind of offense may be in store.

Quote:
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 51m

Texans are $13.752 million under the cap.
Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 45m

Could get to $24 mil+ w/ release of Schaub/Myers/Manning RT @McClain_on_NFL: Texans are $13.752 million under the cap.
Quote:
Steven Perry Jr ‏@texanfan2002114 44m

@JaysonBraddock @McClain_on_NFL I understand Schaub and manning but why release Myers?

Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock

@texanfan2002114 @McClain_on_NFL going more power scheme, not zone. Ben Jones better suited & cheaper
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand wanting to cut Myers or Manning
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #52
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Myers may not fit new scheme and may just be a product of the ZBS

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #53
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75018 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

So now that Mitchell is gone are we going after a big NT in the draft?
Old 03-11-2014   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Myers may not fit new scheme and may just be a product of the ZBS

And Manning, at 31, has dealt with injuries and shown progressive decline in performance.
Old 03-11-2014   #55
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...sragdoll-o.gif

Old 03-11-2014   #56
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Myers will prolly go back to this

Old 03-11-2014   #57
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
So now that Mitchell is gone are we going after a big NT in the draft?
Yes........and at this very moment, he is training hard to impress OB for our position of need.

Old 03-11-2014   #58
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yes........and at this very moment, he is training hard to impress OB for our position of need.

Hahahaha, I love it

Old 03-17-2014   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So... Is Bill O'Brien as good a teacher as Charlie Weis?

Remember when Todd Haley was the HC of the 2010 Kansas City Chiefs? They went from 4-12 in 2009, to 10-6 AFC West champs in 2010. He had Charlie Weis as his OC & Romeo Crennel as his DC.
Quote:
Weis was named offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs for 2010. In Weis's first year, the Chiefs improved from a record of 4–12 to 10–6 and returned to the playoffs after winning the AFC Western Division. With Weis as offensive coordinator, the Chiefs had the NFL's best rushing attack, averaging an impressive 165 yards per game on the ground. Offensively the Chiefs ranked 9th in total offense, 11th in points per game, 1st in rushing, and 28th in passing. The Chiefs also sent four players on offense (WR Dwayne Bowe, RB Jamaal Charles, QB Matt Cassel and OG Brian Waters) to the Pro Bowl. Bowe and Charles made their first ever trip to the Pro Bowl. Weis has also been credited with the improvement of QB Matt Cassel who had a career year throwing for 27 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions in 14 games.
Crennel on the other hand didn't do to well as the Chiefs were avg on defense. 14th in total defense. 11th in points allowed. 17th in passing yards per game. 14th in rushing ypg...

Brandon Carr, Brandon Flowers, Derrick Johnson, Glenn Dorsey, Javier Arenas, Jevon Belcher, Eric Berry, Ron Edwards, Mike Vrabel...

& now he's got Jj Watt.
Old 03-17-2014   #60
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
During this Twitter conversation about the cap, there may have be a little hint as to what kind of offense may be in store.

When did this happen? Did this happen?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read