Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Andre johnson does not want

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hopefully TB's better than never making it to an AFC championship game much less a SB on a loaded team. Regardless if the Texans pick TB or not.
I'm still floored there is anyone in the world who considers a QB a failure for not winning a SB despite going to the playoffs in all but two seasons with his team including the 1st five, 3 conference championship games and appearing in the SB. You can sign me up for a decade with 8 playoffs and only 1 losing season right now even if they don't win the SB.
Old 03-10-2014   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Moon had no control over the red neck good ol' boy network when he came out of college. Had Moon come out today, he would easily be the #1 pick without second thought...

pull your head out dude, it's dark and smells bad and you might suffocate...
Other than both players being black I fail to see the comparison. Moon had a much better arm.
Old 03-10-2014   #23
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 6959 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't even think about it. Not even on my list of pros or cons... Especially when you're telling me a guy like McNabb could lead his team to 4 NFC Championship games & a Super Bowl without it.

It's a plus, but not part of the main decision.

McNabb had a very very strong defense behind him as well

Your man... Pots and pans
Old 03-10-2014   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
We have no clue how any college QB will react when they get to the next level. Is McCarron more prepared because he played against better competition? Keep in mind, he played with arguably the most talented roster in the country for 4 years and his main job was to hand the ball off. You hold it against Bridgewater that he had a great defense behind him. Do you do the same for McCarron or Mettenberger? Did you do the same for Luck?
Yes, as a matter of fact I do, which is why I have no problem with the way he's being graded & have said as much. I've always said he's much closer to the "big three" than not, but more in they were overrated compared to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
NFL.com QB Draft Grades:
  1. 6.4 Blake Bortles
  2. 6.3 Teddy Bridgewater
  3. 5.9 Johnny Manziel
  4. 5.8 Derek Carr
  5. 5.6 Aj McCarron
  6. 5.4 Tajh Boyd
  7. 5.4 Logan Thomas
  8. 5.3 Jimmy Garoppolo
  9. 5.2 Stephen Morris
  10. 5.2 Zach Mettenberger
  11. 5.2 Jeff Matthews
  12. 5.2 Aaron Murray
  13. 5.1 Tom Savage
  14. 5.1 David Fales
If McCarron is a third or fourth round QB, "the big 3" are 2nd rounders at best.
Old 03-10-2014   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

2 posts about AJ, 22 posts about <insert QB here>. Wait until the Manziel and Bortles crew show up.

This draft/trade can not come fast enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 03-10-2014   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm still floored there is anyone in the world who considers a QB a failure for not winning a SB despite going to the playoffs in all but two seasons with his team including the 1st five, 3 conference championship games and appearing in the SB. You can sign me up for a decade with 8 playoffs and only 1 losing season right now even if they don't win the SB.
See this is where I set the Barr higher, how many AFC conference championship games did Warren participate in? A real winner I tell you.

Back on topic, Remember just last yr AJ wanted Ed Reed to play here too. I'm glad Slick Rick is the GM. {Sarcasm/////}
Old 03-10-2014   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Work ethic and study habits - especially at the QB position - are a significant part of the draft/don't draft decision. After the Carr experience Texan fans should be especially sensitive to this aspect of a QB prospects makeup.
...but maybe I'm by myself in this thinking.
Agreed, and no you're not.

Still don't want any of the top 3 QB's. I want a QB that can make all of the throws with ease.
Old 03-10-2014   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

What AJ wants apparently isn't of interest so thread closed.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read