Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2014   #1721
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Preserving this little nugget of gold... or is it pyrite?
Somehow, someway and I don't know how, it was definitely through no efforts on my part, I ended up living rent free inside your head. I think that this in large part applies to the message in my signature.
Old 03-05-2014   #1722
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Watched from the sideline, not played against since they were both DL.

1st year maybe unimpressive. Not his second with 15 sacks (2 off of league lead) and 3 FF.
That's what Payne said, but maybe he overstated Smith's slow start in the league if he really did struggle only during his rookie year.
But thanks for that insight, that gem of wisdom explaining that defensive lineman on opposing teams don't appear on the los against each other at the same time.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #1723
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

how do you place someone on ignore on this MB?
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #1724
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
User cp, edit ignore list
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #1725
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Ready For Teddy or Down With The Clown?

By Mike Kerns @Zepp1978 on Mar 4 2014, 1:06p 23
That's where I'm at right now.

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #1726
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
What's that disorder, where a person thinks "everything" is about them?

It sucks when you got it. Trust me.
Old 03-07-2014   #1727
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Yes the Clowney HYPE is beginning to reach the levels of the Reggie Bush HYPE. No argument here.
Hardly, unless you totally forgot those endless replays of Bush's long TD run vs Fresno State (or was it San Jose State?). I think they even had a song that accompaned the play on ESPN, which is owned by LA-based and USC fan Disney Inc. People back then valued a great pass-rusher just as they do now, but can't even remember why Bush was so highly valued in those days ?
Old 03-07-2014   #1728
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Hardly, unless you totally forgot those endless replays of Bush's long TD run vs Fresno State (or was it San Jose State?). I think they even had a song that accompaned the play on ESPN, which is owned by LA-based and USC fan Disney Inc.
Maybe because Bush had highlight plays his last college year.
Old 03-07-2014   #1729
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shabam!!
Old 03-07-2014   #1730
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yea, but every 15 minutes, again, again, again, and again to total ad nauseam !
But it was effective as it got Bush the Heisman. Fortunately Casserly saw thru it
all and steered the Texans & their 1.1 elsewhere.
Old 03-07-2014   #1731
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Yea, but every 15 minutes, again, again, again, and again to total ad nauseam !
But it was effective as it got Bush the Heisman. Fortunately Casserly saw thru it
all and steered the Texans & their 1.1 elsewhere.
could say same for Manziel. his overwhelming run to Heisman even though he didn't lead Texas A&M to a Rose Bowl or BCS game. ESPN is in love with him, a lot of Texan fans are in love with him, he's already signed a big sponsorship deal Johnny legend grows & media manufactures next darling

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #1732
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Who is at fault for Schaub's contract?
Hint: He don't work here anymore. That, I bet, was a GK, Bob McNair call. No way to prove it but that's my gut. Was Rick Smith's name on it? Sure, but you've got to give the man credit for the way it was structured. The team will get out of it relatively unscathed. It's no secret you've got no love for the GM but you can't deny that he penned it in such a way that there's not that much sting to let him walk.

I'm SURE you disagree but that's my take on it, as well as a few others. (Not that I need validation for my point of view)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #1733
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock Mar 6

Talk about Rex Ryan being at Clemson's pro day today, reminds me of 2 years ago when he was at SC's. Said a freshman would be #1 if eligible
Quote:
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock Mar 6

The freshman that Rex Ryan was talking about two years ago was Jadeveon Clowney, obviously.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #1734
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Hint: He don't work here anymore. That, I bet, was a GK, Bob McNair call. No way to prove it but that's my gut. Was Rick Smith's name on it? Sure, but you've got to give the man credit for the way it was structured. The team will get out of it relatively unscathed. It's no secret you've got no love for the GM but you can't deny that he penned it in such a way that there's not that much sting to let him walk.

I'm SURE you disagree but that's my take on it, as well as a few others. (Not that I need validation for my point of view)
Old 03-09-2014   #1735
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Q: People are saying Jadeveon Clowney is more a traditional 4-3 DE and not a good fit in Houston... do you see him as a fit or is the scheme an issue for the Texans?

Tony Pauline: "I'm hearing the exact opposite, and this is something I reported from the Combine. The Texans are looking at Clowney as a potential good fit at the 2-gap end spot down the road in Romeo Crennel's more traditional 3-4. The feeling is is Clowney's size, growth potential, and strength as well -- because he is a strong guy and has the ability to clog gaps and occupy blockers -- would make him a very good fit in Crennel's 3-4/2 gap system. His athleticism, the ability to take on blockers... I'm hearing that Clowney is a solid fit."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #1736
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Q: People are saying Jadeveon Clowney is more a traditional 4-3 DE and not a good fit in Houston... do you see him as a fit or is the scheme an issue for the Texans?

Tony Pauline: "I'm hearing the exact opposite, and this is something I reported from the Combine. The Texans are looking at Clowney as a potential good fit at the 2-gap end spot down the road in Romeo Crennel's more traditional 3-4. The feeling is is Clowney's size, growth potential, and strength as well -- because he is a strong guy and has the ability to clog gaps and occupy blockers -- would make him a very good fit in Crennel's 3-4/2 gap system. His athleticism, the ability to take on blockers... I'm hearing that Clowney is a solid fit."
That's the kind of thing that makes me think Pauline is an id!ot more than he has contacts. Clowney is so far away from what Crennel has used in the past AND that eliminates his biggest strength of quick initial step it just makes zero sense.

295 lbs is light for Crennel. IOW Clowney is 30 lbs lighter than a light 3-4 DE for Crennel. He's 40-50 lbs under most of Crennel's 3-4 DEs.
Old 03-09-2014   #1737
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
could say same for Manziel. his overwhelming run to Heisman even though he didn't lead Texas A&M to a Rose Bowl or BCS game. ESPN is in love with him, a lot of Texan fans are in love with him, he's already signed a big sponsorship deal Johnny legend grows & media manufactures next darling
I'm confused here.

Are you suggesting that Manziel didn't deserve the Heisman? He didn't lead Texas A&M to a BCS game? What would you call that win he had against Oklahoma last season? And it's not like his team was losing games this year because of Manziel's awful play where he let down a great defense. He carried his team all season this year and put up a ton of points pretty much duplicating his stats of last year. He earned every bit of the hype and praise he got. It's just that his skill set combined with his lack of size may not translate well to the NFL.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #1738
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm confused here.

Are you suggesting that Manziel didn't deserve the Heisman? He didn't lead Texas A&M to a BCS game? What would you call that win he had against Oklahoma last season? And it's not like his team was losing games this year because of Manziel's awful play where he let down a great defense. He carried his team all season this year and put up a ton of points pretty much duplicating his stats of last year. He earned every bit of the hype and praise he got. It's just that his skill set combined with his lack of size may not translate well to the NFL.
let me simplify it for you then, It's all about Johnny, or what can you do for Johnny thanks but no thanks. No love loss here for A&M but that factors in very little anyway, other than they are annoying species to say the least, but fact is he has never won jack ****! Far as he relates to O'Brain & team first, not. In regards to Heisman, no way in HELL he deserved it! Manti Te'o should have won it at least he led his team to the National Championship, but alas just another dumb jock who was exposed & publicly humiliated, but without his play in key situations ND would/should of never been in that game. Far as his his size, I don't give a **** either, just check out Russell Wilson

PS: just went out for drinks, as usual, had a killer Belgian Quad, a style I recently brewed & won my own Heisman, now out for another, same skill sets, but more complex & aged, lol

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #1739
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

And that ladies and gentleman is why you never drink and post!
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #1740
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
PS: just went out for drinks, as usual, had a killer Belgian Quad, a style I recently brewed & won my own Heisman, now out for another, same skill sets, but more complex & aged, lol
Had a couple "Imperial Black IPAs" over the weekend, brewed by Uinta Brewing Co. Hoppy, hoppy , hoppy. Damn were they good !

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read