Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-06-2014   #41
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: Texans interested in Matt Cassell

Carr wore 8, Schaub wore 8, cassel wearing 16 is like both mistakes the Texans made in one easy to boo container.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Carr wore 8, Schaub wore 8, cassel wearing 16 is like both mistakes the Texans made in one easy to boo container.
Or if you had Carr's athleticism with Schaub's dedication and smarts you'd have one hell of a QB.
Old 03-06-2014   #43
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Or if you had Carr's athleticism with Schaub's dedication and smarts you'd have one hell of a QB.
Sure, but it's Matt Cassel. Matt Cassel, a 32 yo QB that had a good season under one of the greatest coach's ever 6, going on 7 years ago.

Old 03-06-2014   #44
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers says thanks.
Old 03-07-2014   #45
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep. I have long said that a David Carr/Matt Schaub hybrid QB would be an absolute freak of nature like we've never seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #46
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40895 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. I have long said that a David Carr/Matt Schaub hybrid QB would be an absolute freak of nature like we've never seen before.
what if you had Schaub's athleticism with Carr's dedication and smarts?
Old 03-07-2014   #47
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104353 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Then you would have Blaine Gabbert

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #48
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-david-in-too/

Bring in the bros

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #49
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
His name is Matt Cassel.

Old 03-07-2014   #50
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I would rather keep Schaub and have him play the role of mentor/backup to whoever we decide to draft.
Because he was such a good mentor to Keenum last season. Always in Kubiak's ear about getting in the game.
Old 03-07-2014   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
If we can get Cassell and he can avoid throwing 5 pick 6s in 5 consecutive games then he has done a good job. Fact is the kid played well under O'brien, ever think maybe it is our system/coaching that was flawed. .
O'Brien was the TEs coach when Cassell played well in New England. Josh McDaniels (the Patriots current OC/QB coach) was Cassell's OC/QB coach.

Doesn't mean we can't win with Cassell, just an FYI.

I remember in 2011, after Schaub got hurt, I still had hopes that we'd get to the AFC Championship game. We had a strong running game, with a dominant OL, Arian Foster, & Ben Tate. The Defense did their part, by getting off the field.

Not so much has changed in the NFL, that a team built that way can still go far with a game manager at QB. Not that I'm satisfied with a game manager at QB. I just don't want to spend an elite draft pick on a non-elite player. Even if we trade down to 5, I wouldn't want to spend that pick on any of these QBs. 12~15 is where I think these QBs should go & if we can fall into that range.. well, I'd probably spend the 10th pick on one of them, but that's my stretch pick.

I don't think it is imperative that we get a QB in this draft. I don't think you have to have a top 5 pick to get a franchise QB. Aaron Rodgers was picked with the 23rd, Flacco with the 18th, Roethlisberger & Cutler were picked with the 11th. & we've had multiple picks in that range.

Our problem was (& I'm just as guilty as anyone) sticking with a guy who could have been & passing on those guys I mentioned. Heck... to tell you the truth, I believe Kubiak could have made Kevin Kolbe & Brady Quinn more "special" than he made Schaub.

What does excite me about next season, is that OB brought in RAC to run the defense. Hopefully he'll let Romeo do his thing & focus on his offense, something he's supposed to be good at. Then guys like Garopolo, Smith, & Fales enter the equation as possible franchise QBs...... imo. Maybe even Keenum.

But he's so little.
Old 03-07-2014   #52
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Because he was such a good mentor to Keenum last season. Always in Kubiak's ear about getting in the game.
How great is Cassell going to be? He probably fancies himself as a starter and when he loses that to the young pup, I doubt he welcomes the change with open arms.

My reasoning is based on money. If we hadn't stupidly extended Schaub, I would be all for it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cassel just walked away from $3.7 mil.
Good catch. I was looking at the 2-year total instead of the 2014 salary. My bad.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #54
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Cassel just resigned with the Vikings according to Ian Rappaport of NFL Network.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #55
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Cassel just resigned with the Vikings according to Ian Rappaport of NFL Network.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
Matt Cassel is re-signing with the #Vikings, per source.
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
Quote:
Confirming @RapSheet report: @Vikings have agreed to terms with QB Matt Cassel on new contract. Source tells @FOXSports1 it's 2-year deal
/thread.

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-07-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #56
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks playoffs
Old 03-07-2014   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Quote:
Matt Cassel's deal with the Vikings is worth $10M for 2 years from what I'm hearing. Houston was a possible landing spot had he not re-upped

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Thanks playoffs
Bumped you pretty hard on the rep. Hope it didn't knock any teeth loose.

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-07-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #58
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll dang, I wonder how much.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #59
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
We'll dang, I wonder how much.
Here's a link that has some info: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...nesota-vikings
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #60
MistaRed
All Pro

2yrs 10 million for Cassel

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read