Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2014   #141
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 82233 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Would like to see D'Qwell Jackson next to Cushing for the right price...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #142
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, Wade Smith has let the Texans know that he wants to return this season and eventually retire as a Texan. Meanwhile, it should not be any surprise that earlier this year, he underwent another "little procedure" on his bone bruised knee........and his other knee. Let's hurry up and sign him up before he changes his mind.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014   #143
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Dqwell Jackson is a terrible 3-4 ILB.
Old 03-05-2014   #144
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 82233 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Dqwell Jackson is a terrible 3-4 ILB.
Oh, wait what..what I meant to say was that if I see Dqwell Jackson on this team next year....I am going to riot....

That's...that's what I meant....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014   #145
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, wait what..what I meant to say was that if I see Dqwell Jackson on this team next year....I am going to riot....

That's...that's what I meant....
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #146
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 102617 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
D'Qwell Jackson, Indianapolis Colts strike contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...trike-contract

I don't think Texans could afford that do you?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #147
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 29715 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post

Nope and I wouldn't have wanted to pay that much guaranteed money either.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #148
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post

Good. Read he is a liability in pass coverage. Hopefully BOB will do to him what the Pats did to our ILB's in pass coverage.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #149
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

DARREN SPROLES!!!! .... He's available.

Edit: it's not official yet. Saints still try to trade him apparently
Old 03-07-2014   #150
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i would try to get perhaps 2 of these, geoff schwartz, austin howard and zach strief.

i would really like to get schwartz as he can play either guard or RT, which should help our depth tremendously
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #151
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ten best free-agent bargains - includes Garrett Graham

Top 10 players who will be overpaid - includes Ben Tate
Old 03-08-2014   #152
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

From PFT>Ben Tate...I am the greatest.

Quote:
After four years in Houston, Tate plans to become one of the top running backs in the league.

I think I can bring you an elite running back, Tate told Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston. Ive learned a lot being behind Arian [Foster]. Definitely, when Im healthy I think Im an elite running back in this league, and I feel like I can show my abilities and my numbers and my play will speak for itself, and guys will be able to see that I am a guy who is a top-five running back in this league, which I believe once I get out there and get to show that on a consistent basis.

Tate ranks as the best available running back on lists like this one, and this one, and oh lets see this one. He values the recognition.

It lets me know that my hard work hasnt gone unnoticed, Tate said. Even with my limited, I guess you would say my limited amount of snaps and my limited amount of being able to be out there and play, that my talent is still recognized. Its very much appreciated.

Tate says he has come to terms with the fact that hell have to leave
Houston.

I have, I have, Tate said. Im very grateful for the Texans selecting me and giving me an opportunity coming out of college. Without a doubt Im very grateful for that. I just see it as a chapter closing in my life and opening a new chapter.

The old chapter consisted of 1,992 yards in three seasons with the team, after breaking an ankle in the preseason opener of his rookie season. In 2011, he gained 942 yards, averaging 5.4 yards per carry.

Its unclear whether his potential production will result in a major payday. In recent years, veteran tailbacks receive roughly $3 million to $4 million per year. Few running backs get much more than that, because teams tend to skew younger at the tailback position. When the 2014 season starts, Tate will be 26.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #153
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Very good outside stretch runner. Hope he gets paid.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #154
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Damn..... didn't see this & I started it in it's own thread.
Old 03-08-2014   #155
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

With free agent signings starting next week, the Texans supposedly are in the market for a veteran QB. As of today, there seems to be only two that I think we should consider:

Kellen Clemens, 31, St Louis, 6'-2"/224 lbs (78.8 QB rating, 8 TD's, 7 INT's);
Matt Flynn, 29, Green Bay, 6'-2"/230 lbs (85.7 QB rating, 8 TD's, 5 INT's)

(edit) Flynn is a Texas boy from Tyler. Might want to come back closer to home.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #156
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Flynn listed as an UFA, on what I thought was a current list. But now I see he signed with GB last November. What is his current status?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #157
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I have Flynn listed as an UFA, on what I thought was a current list. But now I see he signed with GB last November. What is his current status?
He signed a 1 year deal last year. He is ufa.
Old 03-08-2014   #158
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Geoff Shwartz plz. Anthony Collins would be nice.

Plus there is a plethora of very good talent at running back available due to injury, team situation, and whatever else. Personally I want MJD, but theres also McFadden, Sproles, and Moreno, Andre Brown is another one, and I'd settle for Gerhart too.
Old 03-08-2014   #159
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN
Quote:
Quick study of the avg yds/rush given up between the guards by the #Texans in '13, combined with tape (see vs #49ers 10/6/13) = need NT/MLB.

Have to get stronger down the middle. HAVE to. #Texans

They need a big-time hammer in the middle on 1st/2nd down. Have to think they take a long look at Brandon Spikes. #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #160
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Geoff Shwartz plz. Anthony Collins would be nice.

Plus there is a plethora of very good talent at running back available due to injury, team situation, and whatever else. Personally I want MJD, but theres also McFadden, Sproles, and Moreno, Andre Brown is another one, and I'd settle for Gerhart too.
Yes to Swartz. I think we really need a solid backup. I'm worried not only about Fosters physical health but his mental health as well. He's never struck me as a serious off season hard worker anyway. With all that is going on in his personal life I can't imagine him being really ready for the grind of the season.

P.S. I think you meant Donald Brown of the colts right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read