Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2014   #341
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
OK, so for the record, let me see if I have this right.

Schaub sucks, and if I disagree, I suck, and if Marshall Faulk disagrees, he sucks, Bucky Brooks... Sucks, Ron Jaworski... Sucks.

So if Bill O'Brien says we are rollin' with Schaub for one more season, he suck too?

Is that about it?

Does this seem extremely unreasonable at all to anyone but me?
let it go
Old 03-06-2014   #342
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Quote:
"Matt Schaub had one bad year. You look at the years he had before that there was some solid play... ...but, more than likely Schaub will be will not be back." -Jeff Garcia
Now while Garcia did not come out and say the words, I think if you watch the video, and listen to how he says it. It is clear in my mind he should be added to the "Sucks" list because he obviously supports a loser.

FF to 4:30 to see and hear his comments on not only Schaub, but Keenum also.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rs-brooks-says

Nitrofish - Sucks
Marshall Faulk - Sucks
Bucky Brooks - Sucks
Ron Jaworski - Sucks
Jeff Garcia - Sucks

The list continues to grow. Seems like pretty good company to me.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #343
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Now while Garcia did not come out and say the words, I think if you watch the video, and listen to how he says it. It is clear in my mind he should be added to the "Sucks" list because he obviously supports a loser.

FF to 4:30 to see and hear his comments on not only Schaub, but Keenum also.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rs-brooks-says

Nitrofish - Sucks
Marshall Faulk - Sucks
Bucky Brooks - Sucks
Ron Jaworski - Sucks
Jeff Garcia - Sucks

The list continues to grow. Seems like pretty good company to me.
When you do this, it lets everyone know how badly it gets under your skin to say you suck. So they find every opportunity to say, "you suck" We even have one guy who had a sig made up just for you. His avatar is just to get your goat.

Let it go.

Nothing they say mean anything. Just because there are more of them, doesn't make them right. O'Brien is going to do what O'Brien is going to do & if he decides to go with Schaub, we all know where you stand.

Besides, Jeff Garcia does suck.
Old 03-06-2014   #344
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, if I read any more of this thread in the direction it's going, my head is going to burst! I'm already at the 7 SU level!

Quote:
Suckation

adj. A level of sucking far worse then sucking alone. Measured in SU (Suck Units). Generally used in terms of people who are new to roleplaying, and thusly considered newbs or noobs.

If you suck, then you just suck. But if someone has to assign you a level of suckation, then you suck bad. For every level of suckation (Going from 1SU to 10SU, you have to multiply what it takes to suck by itself that number of times.)

Suckation Rankings:

*1SU - Frequently mispelled words. Poor punctuation. Short, nondescript posts. Occasional use of shorthand.(U R KOOL, for example.)

*2SU - Piss poor spelling. Almost non-existant punctuation. Horrid posts. Even more shorthand.

*3SU - Spelling like a dead cat. Punctuation - What's that? Posts look like this: 'beems kill u.' Shorthand rules.

*4SU - Anyone pulling PowerGame **** automatically moves directly to Suckation level 4. RolePlay is called RolePlay only because of the In Character Status. Kill me.

*5SU - Um, huh? Watching this person post is like nails on a chalkboard. PowerGaming prevails, along with excessive 'Im gunna suicide un less n e one cares' or other pity-party like quotes.

*6SU
- Solo RP's (If they can be called that) spam the chat. Each post is short. Each post sucks. Each post makes anyone with a brain want to clean out their ears with a Roto-Rooter.

*7SU - Just seeing the offenders name is enough to make your hair stand on end. You wish you were blind.

*8SU - The person is forced to claim retardation to fend off insults.

*9SU - To be determined.

*10SU - One who is known to do make the same newbish moves and actions outside of the game as inside it.

Many of these definitions modified from the original list to make them more universally applicable.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #345
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahahahaha!

Old 03-06-2014   #346
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
OMG, if I read any more of this thread in the direction it's going, my head is going to burst! I'm already at the 7 SU level!
Repped! I'm right there at level 7 with ya
Old 03-06-2014   #347
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Yet you guys keep tuning in. Where does that land on your list?

Old 03-06-2014   #348
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

Quote:
Texans have been thinking bout keeping Matt Schaub but I'll be stunned if they do.
11:58 AM - 6 Mar 2014
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #349
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright guys, I apologize for being apart of hijacking this part of the thread. Wasn't my intention but it happened and I will get it back on track...

Why Matt Schaub does NOT give the Texans the best chance to win in 2014?

IMO, Matt Schaub is incapable of making quick, rational decisions. Correct me if I am wrong, but O'Brien's offense is a quick, hurry up offense that needs fast, quick decisions at the line. Who is the Mike, what is the blitz, so on a so forth.

Matt Schaub, for 8 years, has show is inability to run a successful 2 minute offense, to the point Kubiak would rather sit on the ball than have Schaub make a mistake. Is that more Kubiak being scared, or him not trusting his QB in pressure situations?

O'Brien's offense, for the most part, is a 2 minute drill for the entire game. So a rational theory would be if Matt Schaub can't even execute a successful 2 minute drill, what makes you think he could do it for 60 min?

Now people can quote experts and former players and such, but I have, as may other fans have, watched Matt Schaub for 8 years. Every snap, every throw, every mistake, for 8 years. Do you really think those experts, put pedigree aside, have truly watch as much of Matt Schaub as Houston Texan fans? I would venture to say no. Many of those experts are basing that Houston starts a rookie QB, not named Andrew Luck, RG3 or Russell Wilson, or goes with Keenum or Yates, being that Matt Schaub is a 10 year Vet, of course they will say he gives them the best chance. However it isn't because Schaub is a good QB, it's because there are no other option on the table for the Texans, or the options that are available are worse than Schaub...

I have seen enough of Bill O'Brien's offense to have a very good feeling in saying, based on what I have seen for 8 years, Matt Schaub cannot run his offense efficiently to win games.

Does that make me or anybody else an expert? Well what is your definition of expert. We all have watched Matt Schaub for 8 years, but we never played in the NFL, so why wouldn't a fan know more about Matt Schaub than someone who has seen clips and highlights here and there?
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #350
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Matt Schaub, for 8 years, has show is inability to run a successful 2 minute offense, to the point Kubiak would rather sit on the ball than have Schaub make a mistake. Is that more Kubiak being scared, or him not trusting his QB in pressure situations?
Well we watched the same 8 years of football and came to very different conclusions.

Mine was Schaub was perfectly capable of running a hurry up offense and Kubiak agreed. Remember what got Kubiak fired? - putting Schaub in to run the pace up to try to get back in games. What did the team do on the 1st drive when Schaub went back in? - made it look easy going down the field. Schaub very ably demonstrated this in bringing the Texans back from 21 pts down against Baltimore (with another TD allowed making the come back 28 pts) including back to back 99 and 95 yd drives.

I think your perception is off because of misunderstanding or disagreement with Kubiak. If the Texans got the ball with 3 minutes left he wanted to get the lead with the clock at :00. It frustrated the hell out of fans who I listened beotch all around me in the stands about why isn't he going faster. So on this point my observations of the same events come to very different conclusions. Physical issues aside, Schaub formerly was excellent when blitzed and more than capable of up tempo offense.

Holy crap that was refreshing - talking football.
Old 03-06-2014   #351
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL
I wouldn't...It will be the 2006 draft all over again...
Old 03-06-2014   #352
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't...It will be the 2006 draft all over again...
2006 was an excellent draft.
Old 03-06-2014   #353
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well we watched the same 8 years of football and came to very different conclusions.

Mine was Schaub was perfectly capable of running a hurry up offense and Kubiak agreed. Remember what got Kubiak fired? - putting Schaub in to run the pace up to try to get back in games. What did the team do on the 1st drive when Schaub went back in? - made it look easy going down the field. Schaub very ably demonstrated this in bringing the Texans back from 21 pts down against Baltimore (with another TD allowed making the come back 28 pts) including back to back 99 and 95 yd drives.

I think your perception is off because of misunderstanding or disagreement with Kubiak. If the Texans got the ball with 3 minutes left he wanted to get the lead with the clock at :00. It frustrated the hell out of fans who I listened beotch all around me in the stands about why isn't he going faster. So on this point my observations of the same events come to very different conclusions. Physical issues aside, Schaub formerly was excellent when blitzed and more than capable of up tempo offense.

Holy crap that was refreshing - talking football.
Ok refresh my memory, I was at that Monday Night Game but it has been a few moons ago. Was he in a constant hurry up or was he huddling during that comeback?

And I would agree there were some situations where Schaub had success in a hurry up, but I always felt that the success of those situations were few and far between.

I also agree that maybe what Kubiak did overshadowed the success of Schaub, but that aside, Schaub's decision making, over the last few years, has been lack luster at best.

I just don't see why keeping a QB that is, quite possibly on the downside of his career, to run a brand new, high up tempo offense...
Old 03-06-2014   #354
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
2006 was an excellent draft.
No it was, I was referring to keeping David Ca...I mean HWSNBN, taking another player, then cutting that QB the very next year only to trade for a back up...

the draft in general was fantastic, that particular scenario was anything but. That would mean the Texans give Schaub his, 14 mil (?) kinda like extending HWSNBN, then possibly cutting him next year...

just feels a bit Déjà vu - ish
Old 03-06-2014   #355
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Ok refresh my memory, I was at that Monday Night Game but it has been a few moons ago. Was he in a constant hurry up or was he huddling during that comeback?
They mainly huddled/quasi-huddled the 99 yard drive but picked up the pace some (only 2 runs in the drive) then didn't huddle the 95 yard drive, all passes and scored in 2 minutes.
Old 03-07-2014   #356
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain says"
"Texans have been thinking bout keeping Matt Schaub but I'll be stunned if they do.
11:58 AM - 6 Mar 2014"
Instead of just opening his mouth and reacting, why doesn't JM take a more deliberate approach and think for a moment before saying something ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #357
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub always seemed pretty good at the hurry-up offense. We usually scored points. The defense always seemed to let the other team score after us.

Maybe in OB offense he will do well. We don't know that yet.

I am willing to give OB a chance to pick the QB that he wants - even if it is Matt.
I don't think it will be, but again it is up to OB.
Old 03-07-2014   #358
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

If your plans are to start a rookie it would be foolish to keep Schaub, however, if you plan on sitting a rookie and starting a vet and your best choices are Schaub, Vick, Cassel, or McCown, I pick Schaub everyday of the week.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014   #359
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
If your plans are to start a rookie it would be foolish to keep Schaub, however, if you plan on sitting a rookie and starting a vet and your best choices are Schaub, Vick, Cassel, or McCown, I pick Schaub everyday of the week.
God, that's a crap group of QBs. Schaub is better than those three, but I don't know how his confidence will be after last season.
Old 03-07-2014   #360
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

so what team will Matt start with next year

I can run down the bottom feeder teams but what upper echelon team u think would want him to be backup /mentor ..????

wouldn't It be weird seeing Matt in like a Bengals or seahawks uni
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read