Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2014   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keith McGill-CB from Utah

Did anyone see Keith McGill-CB from Utah at the Combine? The guy is 6'03" and 3/8, 211 lbs., 33 1/4" arms, 10 1/4" hands, ran a 4.51 in the 40yd., and looked really good in the drills. He swivels his hips well, and looks smooth in his drills. CBS currently has him listed as a 3rd round prospect. I liked what I saw and was wondering if anyone else had an opinon on him or knows more about him. For a tall CB he looked very athletic.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #2
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keith McGill-CB from Utah

I've seen a lot of people say that he needs to move to Safety, but I think he's perfectly capable of playing CB.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

He is what could be now labeled as a Seattle corner, big, fast, large wingspan in an already stout secondary certainly another playmaker, but in a smaller less athletic back end, think he would be exposed in coverage because he is a little hesitant in reacting. Will probably get overdrafted by someone, late 2nd, then struggle until he either develops or finds a better fit. late 3rd/early 4th grade,

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him to play at FS.

Need a good cover guy back there.

I have seen him with a 1st rd grade (that first pick mock site I think).

Would take him in the 4th in a heartbeat.
Old 03-01-2014   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched Keith McGill and Stanley Jean-Baptiste in drills at the Combine. McGill could flip his hips quickly and easily and looked very smooth, Baptiste was tight in the hips and didn't look very good in drills. Baptiste looked like a future Safety, McGill looked athletic and smooth, and looked like he could handle CB duties to me. Like BL said, I had that Seattle type of CB in mind, and many teams are going to try to copy that model.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #6
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Been talking up McGill for awhile now. I saw him play well when I was watching hundley. He shut down the wr. He needs to be better with his hands. Cooks from oregon got by him a few times because he didn't jam him.
Old 03-01-2014   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Did anyone see Keith McGill-CB from Utah at the Combine? The guy is 6'03" and 3/8, 211 lbs., 33 1/4" arms, 10 1/4" hands, ran a 4.51 in the 40yd., and looked really good in the drills. He swivels his hips well, and looks smooth in his drills. CBS currently has him listed as a 3rd round prospect. I liked what I saw and was wondering if anyone else had an opinon on him or knows more about him. For a tall CB he looked very athletic.
Like you I have not seen him play and therefore I cannot give an informed opinion.
Old 03-01-2014   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

His lower body and its movements are not a problem. His shoulder injury in 2011, which led him to miss all but 5 games in that year and go on to shoulder surgery having him miss the entire 2012 season while rehabbing (his injury never characterized, but evidently major leading to major reconstruction), may explain why last year he consistently had problems with jamming/hand fighting, open field tackles and hanging on to easy catches above his head. An interesting prospect, as long as his injury history is not lost when deciding on his draft position.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #9
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
His lower body and its movements are not a problem. His shoulder injury in 2011, which led him to miss all but 5 games in that year and go on to shoulder surgery having him miss the entire 2012 season while rehabbing (his injury never characterized, but evidently major leading to major reconstruction), may explain why last year he consistently had problems with jamming/hand fighting, open field tackles and hanging on to easy catches above his head. An interesting prospect, as long as his injury history is not lost when deciding on his draft position.
and this^^^^ is an INFORMED OPINION.
Old 03-01-2014   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he can play CB. I think he would be more productive as a FS with coverage responsibility though. I like him a lot. I have a late 2nd round grade on him.

Jean-Baptise is purely a FS to me. He can't move well enough to stay out at CB.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the latest mocks in the mock draft section had him mid first.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read