Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-20-2014   #101
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Decker wants at least 8 mil a year. No way.
Old 02-20-2014   #102
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
What about Eric Decker? Dude's also got PR skills.
You always have to be aware of what peyton can do to make wrs look better. Not saying decker can't be good,but he's a #2. The texans have a 1 and a 2. If they feel like aj's replacement isn't on the roster,they can draft a wr in the 1st 3rds.
Old 02-28-2014   #103
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

Red Bryant would be great on the nose. In fact, he's the kind of guy who can play the 0 and 5 tech. Jasper,Tx kid too. 4m per yr sounds good.
Old 02-28-2014   #104
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we won't look at him, but I wouldn't mind giving Johnny Jolly a shot. He appears to have gotten past his codeine addiction and was looking good before his injury. Neck injuries usually aren't things I'd mess with, but he's doing good from what I've gathered

His $$ should be reasonable too
Old 02-28-2014   #105
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Red Bryant would be great on the nose. In fact, he's the kind of guy who can play the 0 and 5 tech. Jasper,Tx kid too. 4m per yr sounds good.
I'd like to see us get him as well. I wanted the Texans to draft him, but they chose Adibi in the 4th & Okam in the 5th. Well, that sure worked out.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #106
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I know we won't look at him, but I wouldn't mind giving Johnny Jolly a shot. He appears to have gotten past his codeine addiction and was looking good before his injury. Neck injuries usually aren't things I'd mess with, but he's doing good from what I've gathered

His $$ should be reasonable too
I don't know if being back in houston is the best thing.
Old 02-28-2014   #107
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

There is some talk going on about the Texans going after Matt Cassel. I heard it mentioned on 610 the other day and then came across an article on NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-quarterbacks.

I'm not a Cassel fan or anything but I think he could be someone to come in and "hold down the fort" so to speak until their young draft pick, whoever that is, is ready to go. The video does mention that Cassel had his biggest year with O'Brien in NE and that Cassel just turned down a 3.7 million contract to stay in Minnesota. So I guess it makes sense he'd be looking the Texans way.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #108
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
There is some talk going on about the Texans going after Matt Cassel. I heard it mentioned on 610 the other day and then came across an article on NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-quarterbacks.

I'm not a Cassel fan or anything but I think he could be someone to come in and "hold down the fort" so to speak until their young draft pick, whoever that is, is ready to go. The video does mention that Cassel had his biggest year with O'Brien in NE and that Cassel just turned down a 3.7 million contract to stay in Minnesota. So I guess it makes sense he'd be looking the Texans way.
When did cassell play under O'Brien? I know he play inder fake hodie,but not O'Brien.
Old 02-28-2014   #109
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
When did cassell play under O'Brien? I know he play inder fake hodie,but not O'Brien.
Josh McDaniels was the OC and O'Brien was the QB Coach, iirc, the year that Brady went down. So O'Brien and Cassel worked with each other pretty closely.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #110
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Josh McDaniels was the OC and O'Brien was the QB Coach, iirc, the year that Brady went down. So O'Brien and Cassel worked with each other pretty closely.
O'Brien was the WR coach. McDaniels was OC/QB coach.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #111
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
O'Brien was the WR coach. McDaniels was OC/QB coach.
You're right. McDaniels left and then O'Brien became the QB coach the next year. My bad.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #112
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots writer Erik Frenz just said they would want a 2nd for Ryan Mallett, then explained why and finished with "if they can't get more than a 3rd" they'll keep him and let him go next year. Freudian slip...? If OB wants him I bet 3-1 does it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #113
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Patriots writer Erik Frenz just said they would want a 2nd for Ryan Mallett, then explained why and finished with "if they can't get more than a 3rd" they'll keep him and let him go next year. Freudian slip...? If OB wants him I bet 3-1 does it.
i would be happy with this, considering if we trade for him OB knows more than us on the issue.

Ideally if we can find 2 starters in FA by using low cost or mid tier salaries that would be great.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #114
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't like this idea. Don't think Mallett is worth 3-1, and I don't think we should be giving up any draft picks to get another team's player. There will be plenty of players in FA including QB's. We need to get more draft picks not less. There's too many holes that need to be filled IMO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #115
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would be interested in Mallet.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #116
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Any good RTs available?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Any good RTs available?
Eric Winston...

Again.
Old 03-02-2014   #118
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Eric Winston...

Again.
Is he "good" or better than the clowns we had last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #119
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I would say yes, but I don`t know how much he has left in the tank and if he`d even be willing to come back.

But if Winston is as good as it gets it almost means, that OT is pretty high up our draft needs. With last years RT no rookie QB would even stand a chance. We can always hope that Quezz or one of the other young guys can step it up, but I wouldn`t hold my breath.

If we don`t like either QB IŽd be more than alright with trading down and taking either of the top tackles. If we do take a QB, IŽd look really hard at RT in the 2nd or at latest in the 3d round.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014   #120
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Yes. Not as good as when he left (and was overrated) but still an upgrade in both pass pro and rush blocking. Better coordination with RG and savvier. You are always going to pull some extra false starts with him though.

Another negative is having to listen to the b!tching from people obsessed with him appearing on the radio a couple times a week instead of silently sitting on his ass at home sucking the centers out of twinkies, naked on a bean bag chair.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read