Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-25-2014   #141
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft

I'm all for after comp picks and FA too.
Old 02-25-2014   #142
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Oh OK, I see now. Well I would suggest waiting until a week after free agency starts. Free Agency begins Tuesday March 11, 2014. The Monday after that is March 17th, which could work, or that Tuesday if you want to give it a full week.

I believe last year we started a week after free agency, and I think that helped a lot of folks. You don't want to have your draft ruined because your team picks up a big time free agent at a position of need.
I thought this was the date we already chose? March 17th.

Or the day after, Tuesday, March 18th.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #143
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I thought this was the date we already chose? March 17th.

Or the day after, Tuesday, March 18th.
Cant wait for that TB pick? LOL

I'm jealous
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #144
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft

I hate to do this to you guys but I have two teams (Giants and Chargers) and if someone wants to take on an extra team I can part with either of them. Just let me know, thanks.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #145
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I hate to do this to you guys but I have two teams (Giants and Chargers) and if someone wants to take on an extra team I can part with either of them. Just let me know, thanks.
I would love to have the giants.
Old 02-26-2014   #146
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Cant wait for that TB pick? LOL

I'm jealous
lol, you never know what I plan on doing.

I'm actually starting to lean Clowney after that 40 time.
Old 02-26-2014   #147
TexansFTW
All Pro

Would you please edit that Google Doc to show who has what teams on the 'draft secure' tab?

In the first tab all of the rows that show who has what are hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide them.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2014   #148
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
If you guys are both OK with it, Mussop can have the Giants. Just let me know and I'll amend the spreadsheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Would you please edit that Google Doc to show who has what teams on the 'draft secure' tab?

In the first tab all of the rows that show who has what are hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide them.

Thanks.
Yeah, someone filtered on their name and it didn't show anyone else. It has been cleared. The icon at the top right of the ribbon that looks like the top-half of an hourglass is the filter button. Clicking it will turn off/on filters, and clicking it twice will clear/remove all filters, thus showing all the data.
Old 02-26-2014   #149
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Draft Order has been updated. All teams and GMs are added to it as well. When compensatory picks are announced, and if the contingency trade results are announced, I'll update it again.

I'm working on setting up the User sheets and getting those aligned with the main sheet. I added those last year so that multiple people could view the data without altering the secured sheet that I use for maintaining the data. Have a look if you want:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=2
Old 02-26-2014   #150
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we allowing trades in this one?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #151
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Are we allowing trades in this one?
No, I mean the trades where the compensation hasn't been announced yet. There are a few still outstanding that haven't been announced yet.
Old 02-27-2014   #152
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The mock seems to be easier to do without trades. It takes away preposterous trade guys ability to talk people into things that don't makes sense. With that said if there are trades allowed the Lions #10 pick is open for business. LOL

What's the start date?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #153
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. Trades make things difficult and people can try to pull off some crazy and unrealistic things.

I was just asking because someone proposed a trade with me. I was going to take it but I didn't think we were allowed to make trades.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #154
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah. Trades make things difficult and people can try to pull off some crazy and unrealistic things.

I was just asking because someone proposed a trade with me. I was going to take it but I didn't think we were allowed to make trades.
We never do trades because it's too much to manage. Also, there are still a few picks outstanding due to conditional trades, so some of the draft order may change over the next few weeks.
Old 02-27-2014   #155
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
We never do trades because it's too much to manage. Also, there are still a few picks outstanding due to conditional trades, so some of the draft order may change over the next few weeks.
That and free agency. Cap room is increasing ~$10 mill this year. That's a really big deal. That's like Brian Orakpo big deal.

It really sucks they increase the cap number in a year where we are coming off a 2-14 season. We look a hell of a lot worse than we really are to some free agents that don't want to go into a dumpster fire.
Old 02-27-2014   #156
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you guys are both OK with it, Mussop can have the Giants. Just let me know and I'll amend the spreadsheet.

Yeah, someone filtered on their name and it didn't show anyone else. It has been cleared. The icon at the top right of the ribbon that looks like the top-half of an hourglass is the filter button. Clicking it will turn off/on filters, and clicking it twice will clear/remove all filters, thus showing all the data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

I apologize for being late as hell. Mussop please take the G-men...Dutch I'm still keeping the Chargers.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #157
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

^ Got it.

So just to remind everyone, we settled on a start date of Monday March 17, 2014. That will be a week after free agency opens, and I'm hoping that compensatory picks will be announced. If the compensatory picks are not announced, we will do the draft up to the end of the 3rd round and then decide to wait or keep going. If we don't have the picks by then, we may need to borrow someone's projections and work them into the draft as needed. Those comp picks will help some teams, so I'd like to have them.
Old 03-10-2014   #158
TexansFTW
All Pro

Quote:
^ Got it.

So just to remind everyone, we settled on a start date of Monday March 17, 2014. That will be a week after free agency opens, and I'm hoping that compensatory picks will be announced. If the compensatory picks are not announced, we will do the draft up to the end of the 3rd round and then decide to wait or keep going. If we don't have the picks by then, we may need to borrow someone's projections and work them into the draft as needed. Those comp picks will help some teams, so I'd like to have them.
If we get to the end of 3 and comp picks aren't announced I vote to hit the pause button until they're announced. It completely changes the direction and way one can think. (I speak for myself obviously).

See yall next Monday.
Old 03-10-2014   #159
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Excited for it. I will be researching the Bucs for the next week.

If only I had the opportunity to change their uniforms.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014   #160
tomjn80
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
This is NOT a sign up for the mock draft. Just a thread to start discussing when we want to do it, and to give everyone a heads up well in advance so when the time comes to sign up they aren't left out because they didnt see the signup.

The NFL Combine is February 22-25 and the NFL Draft is May 8th. I suggest waiting until after the combine to do our draft. I think it goes without saying, but if you choose to participate you should know more than just round 1 prospects, and be available everyday to update your "big board" or make a selection. If we want to take the slow, let everyone have a day to pick approach, then we would need to start in February before the combine.

What are everyone's thoughts/concerns?
I would like to be apart of this mock draft, if there is any room left. I have done this before on some other Houston Texans Message Boards. I would gladly participate. Let me know if there are any teams left. Thanks!
tomjn80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read