Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-24-2014   #1221
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

EXCLUSIVE: Coach O'Brien 1-on-1 at the NFL Combine

Dang, they only get 15 minute interviews...?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #1222
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Coach O'Brien 1-on-1 at the NFL Combine

Dang, they only get 15 minute interviews...?
I guess it makes sense once you think about the amount of interviews they do (for both the teams and the players). The guys you are really interested in are the ones you bring in for workouts, where I'd assume there's no time limit.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #1223
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Quote:
O'Briening. http://moby.to/bqtzd4
Old 02-26-2014   #1224
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

duplicate.

See below
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #1225
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Being a child of the 60s, this is what came to mind for me

Old 02-26-2014   #1226
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Aw yes, the good ole days. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #1227
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Aw yes, the good ole days. LOL
Being children of the 60s, I'm surprised that anything comes to mind!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #1228
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220522 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Whut?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014   #1229
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Sez da man with legal access to every prescription drug known to man

Old 02-26-2014   #1230
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And you know what, Obsiwan? Ima call out Doc Sean for sumtin'! at some point!!
Old 02-27-2014   #1231
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes. And at my age, developing a relationship with Dr. Dagger could be really helpful.

ooooooohhhhh my back is sore. need pills. LOL

Old 02-27-2014   #1232
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yes. And at my age, developing a relationship with Dr. Dagger could be really helpful.

ooooooohhhhh my back is sore. need pills. LOL
Hmmmmm. Let me see................Before distributing any of them funny "medicines" legally, I will take the Texans approach.

First, a careful, thoughtful, in-depth evaluation.............

Then, a trip to the operating room with a very carefully thought out plan...........

..... that will afford you the best chance to have a legitimate need for the life-long drugs you seek.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #1233
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Then, a trip to the operating room with a very carefully thought out plan...........

..... that will afford you the best chance to have a legitimate need for the life-long drugs you seek.
I'll stick with Band Aids, Polysporin, and Aleeve thanks.
Old 02-27-2014   #1234
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Hmmmmm. Let me see................Before distributing any of them funny "medicines" legally, I will take the Texans approach.

LOL. Good one Doc.

Old 03-24-2014   #1235
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Bill O’Brien: Texans will draft a QB, we don’t know which round
Quote:
“I don’t think there’s any question that we’ll draft a quarterback in the draft,” O’Brien said. “Where we draft that quarterback, I don’t think we know yet. We don’t even know that yet. We’re still in the process of studying all these prospects, in the process of putting a grade on them and place them where they would be in the draft. The big thing is it’s such a long process. We’re in the stage now where we go to the Pro Days and eventually we bring them into our facility for an interview, we call it an on-campus interview in Houston. As we get closer and closer we’ll obviously be able to make a decision.”

O’Brien hinted that Central Florida’s Blake Bortles, Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater and Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel aren’t necessarily the quarterbacks he’s watching.

“There’s not a lot of separation, and there are more quarterbacks than just three. Obviously, the three guys that everybody talks about, Blake, Teddy and Johnny, those guys are good players. Thy had great college careers. But there are other guys out there,” O’Brien said.

“You’ve got McCarron, you’ve got Mettenberger, you’ve got Logan Thomas, you’ve got Savage, you’ve got Garoppolo. I mean, I could go right down the list. To me, you’ve got 10 or 12 guys you’ve got to do a great job of evaluating and make the best pick possible where ever you draft these guys. I see a lot of good quarterbacks,” O’Brien said.
From comments:
Quote:
renhoekk2 says:
Mar 24, 2014 9:48 AM
To have seen what Bill O’Brien did with Matt McGloin at PSU was remarkable. The difference in his play in just one year with O’Brien was amazing. He should get half of McGloin’s paycheck, because he go him an NFL job. There is no way McGloin ever starts an NFL game if O’Brien does not show up in State College. He also did a great job with a true freshman last season. If I’m a Texan’s fan I’m stoked to see what he can do with a more talented QB. Trust me, he doesn’t need to take a guy at #1 to have a capable NFL starting QB that they can win with.
Old 03-24-2014   #1236
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep...

We're drafting Derek Carr....
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1237
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Yep...

We're drafting Derek Carr....
Or the other guy he didn't mention, Aaron Murray.
Old 03-24-2014   #1238
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

IF he screws up I can be in the stands with a sign reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REMARKABLY Handsome, charismatic, intelligent and Charming Dread-Head
"Damn it Bill!"
Looking forward to it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #1239
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

and the video link: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...2-c11bd9235c53

Article omits the "we're still studying these guys" and "all of these guys have potential, which is a dangerous word".

Add in the "not a lot of separation" and I think it's clear VY will be our QB in 2014.
Old 03-24-2014   #1240
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think it's clear VY will be our QB in 2014.
keep it up... just keep it up...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read