Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-28-2014   #121
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82375 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Nah, I GM'd for the Bears year before last and kinda got skewered for "reaching" for Stephan Wisniewski in the first who ended up going to the Raiders in the second and has done pretty well for himself.

Had the stinkin' Jets last year.
Delete
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #122
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'll take em' if no one wants them.
That works! I didn't want to have to euthanize them because we couldn't find an owner. It would have been tough to do considering the size of their d-line.
Old 01-28-2014   #123
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet. I ran with the Bulls this weekend AND I got assigned to draft for the Texans.

Good stuff!

I've had my mock finished since the 8th, but have been tweeking it here and there.

I expect MAD grief from everyone, don't hold back. I love it.

I bet no one can guess who my fake Texans will LIKELY be drafting at 1.01
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #124
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Sweet. I ran with the Bulls this weekend AND I got assigned to draft for the Texans.

Good stuff!

I've had my mock finished since the 8th, but have been tweeking it here and there.

I can't think of a more fitting way to train for being the Texans GM in the TT Mock Draft! +rep
Old 01-28-2014   #125
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

If need be i'll take any team left.
Old 01-28-2014   #126
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good stuff!

I'm guessing Clowney.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #127
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm guessing Clowney.
inb4 Derek Carr
Old 01-28-2014   #128
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing he goes with either Clowney or Bridgewater...
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #129
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good stuff!

The only way I am going to be shocked is if you don't take Teddy.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #130
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82375 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good stuff!

Go ahead and doom this franchise to another decade of mediocrity. It will probably be an improvement over the last decade of mediocrity. LOL
Old 01-29-2014   #131
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Go ahead and doom this franchise to another decade of mediocrity. It will probably be an improvement over the last decade of mediocrity. LOL
One thing I can assure you of, is that we will never be mediocre with me at the helm.

The hardest place to get out of in sports is the middle.

We will be really bad with the option of high draft picks and quick turnaround next year or we will be really good and still playing football in January.

I will make sure this franchise does the latter.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #132
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that the combine has been completed, when do we want to start this thing? Also, who is going to help me admin this beast of a thing?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #133
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Now that the combine has been completed, when do we want to start this thing? Also, who is going to help me admin this beast of a thing?
Any idea when Compensatory picks will be announced? Last year it was March 18th, which was a month after the combine.
Old 02-25-2014   #134
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Any idea when Compensatory picks will be announced? Last year it was March 18th, which was a month after the combine.
Who knows. I can wait until comp picks are announced if everyone else can.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #135
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Who knows. I can wait until comp picks are announced if everyone else can.
I would prefer this but could go either way.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #136
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Count me in for waiting for the comp picks. Also FA will have played out by then somewhat.

We will have over a month to finish the draft even if we held off until April 1st. Not that I'm suggesting this.
Old 02-25-2014   #137
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer to wait for the comp picks as well.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #138
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Count me in for waiting for the comp picks. Also FA will have played out by then somewhat.

We will have over a month to finish the draft even if we held off until April 1st. Not that I'm suggesting this.
Oh yeah, forgot about free agency too, duh... That's why we started in late March last year. After the first week of free agency, most of the big names will have made their moves, and it will make it a lot easier on folks to assess their needs (filled needs and new ones!). I recall two years ago when Mario Williams announced he was going to Buffalo and the Bills GM was in a bind due to his previous picks.
Old 02-25-2014   #139
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

After comp picks and FA is the best idea.

Will be hard to wait though, SOOO looking forward to getting into this.
Old 02-25-2014   #140
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88720 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely wait until comp picks are announced. That way the first part of FA will have also played out.

Nothing worse than being in the middle of the mock and your team signs a FA WR when you drafted a WR in the 1st round.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read