Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who would be your #1 pick?
Clowney DE 23 21.90%
Mack OLB 3 2.86%
Bridgewater QB 40 38.10%
Manziel QB 16 15.24%
Bortles QB 6 5.71%
Watkins WR 3 2.86%
Matthews OT 4 3.81%
Robinson OT 10 9.52%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2014   #41
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would be your #1 choice?

I voted Bortles because I didn't want Texian to feel alone.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #42
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm compelled to say Watkins

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I voted Bortles because I didn't want Texian to feel alone.
You know, I'm not going to say I'm for Bortles yet but I'm actually starting to think it's not complete madness either.
Old 02-24-2014   #44
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Bridgewater........Robinson.........Clowney.....in that order.

Whats funny is Aaron Rodgers is the guy TB is most frequently compared to for a number of reasons...among those reasons is him not overly "wowing" NFL scouts with anything. As it stands right now TB's getting the exact same treatment Rodgers got when he was drafted. It's all Manziel or Bortles....all is quiet on TB from scouts. There's either a tremendous amount of disinformation going on about him....or teams really arent impressed with him.

So in my mind, im preparing for the texans to pass on him.......and regret it.
I remember differently, Rodgers did recurve fair amount of hype because of his arm strength was it him who they had throwing on,his knees like 70 yards? Dude, has a cannon. If had to pick a comparison: Matt Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do you think Aaron Rodgers would have been ready to start day 1?
I don't think so, which is why he dropped, that and questions about him being a system qb.

For the record on poll I chose TB and barring Bottles just blowing it out of the water at his pro day, I feel confident that's who the FO will take.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I remember differently, Rodgers did recurve fair amount of hype because of his arm strength was it him who they had throwing on,his knees like 70 yards? Dude, has a cannon.
That was Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman may have done it also.
Old 02-24-2014   #46
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7556 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rodgers was suppose to be a system guy who would need some time to adjust to NFL offenses.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #47
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
And Jamarcus!
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #48
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Probably not...but prospects who are ready to start from day 1 are few and far in between....hence Manning...Luck and RG3...And even these guys had their struggles. But as good as i feel about TB as a franchise guy, i still expect him to struggle mightily as a rookie starting qb. It's just the nature of the beast.

Where i differ with the TB haters is that i feel his work ethic, poise and general mentality about eating, sleeping and breathing the game will put him over the top and make him the best pro of all the qb prospects after his rookie year and going forward. But even saying that, it's not like his physical attributes are severely lacking compared to the other guys..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kyle Boller.
Old 02-24-2014   #50
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Teddy Bridgewater. Easily the best QB in this draft.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #51
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I just can't make my mind up. Watkins and Robinson have been in the running for me for a while. Throw Mack in there as well. I want all of them.
Old 02-24-2014   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I just can't make my mind up. Watkins and Robinson have been in the running for me for a while. Throw Mack in there as well. I want all of them.
You're just being greedy.
In this case, I like it
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #53
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i voted matthews for two reasons. first, it's all about the trenches IMO. a great line changes the world, especially in the playoffs almost regardless of the pieces around it. second, i see matthews as a lifetime player more than than any other option. he doesnt have the super high ceiling as several others, but he does have the qualities that will make a really good pro. bottom line, if i had to choose 1 guy who will be here 5 or 10 or even 15 years from now and at a key position, it would be matthews.
Old 02-24-2014   #54
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Like others, it's down to Watkins, Robinson, Bridgewater, and maybe even Bortles for me. Draft day is going to be a temple-rubbing day for me.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #55
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kyle Boller is the guy I remember doing that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know, I'm not going to say I'm for Bortles yet but I'm actually starting to think it's not complete madness either.
Bortles is the most intriguing of the QBs to me.

I expect us to go Bridgewater, although that could be more media hype than actual team hype.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #57
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

y'all going to need help to get through this one I can see it now
I want to see Clowney doing his thing as well as Mack tomorrow a lot will be riding on how well they respond on a big stage. So far Robinson is leading the faster Watkins by the sand in his pants.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #58
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I go BPA, not need. One player from this list is the best, but he plays the "wrong" position to go #1 overall.
Old 02-24-2014   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Today .... Manziel. Ask me again tomorrow I'm liable to say Bridgewater.

Those two are very close and Bortles isn't very far from them.

I think I'd trade down to #4 with Cleveland pending I got #26 and either their 2nd or 3rd , take the top QB remaining at #4 and the best OT / CB.

If Bortles , Bridgewater and Manziel go 1-2-3 after that trade down .... I'll just take Greg Robinson or Sammy Watkins and look to get A.J. McCarron later.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #60
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87321 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Today .... Manziel. Ask me again tomorrow I'm liable to say Bridgewater.

Those two are very close and Bortles isn't very far from them.

I think I'd trade down to #4 with Cleveland pending I got #26 and either their 2nd or 3rd , take the top QB remaining at #4 and the best OT / CB.

If Bortles , Bridgewater and Manziel go 1-2-3 after that trade down .... I'll just take Greg Robinson or Sammy Watkins and look to get A.J. McCarron later.
I'd really look at Carr if he falls to the second round. I know there is a bad taste left in the palate of many after his brother, but he is not his brother, who really wasn't that bad initially.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read