Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-19-2014   #21
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 Preview - CBS EYE-on-Footall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't believe that. I know we look at these other teams with "great" QBs & we're totally envious.

But we looked pretty good with Matt Schaub for a good while there. Maybe we never got to the Super Bowl with him, but neither did the Lions with Stafford, or Atlanta with Ryan... & they only recently won a play-off game, granted they got to the NFC Championship game, but that success disappeared as quickly as ours did.

I still believe had he not broke his foot, we'd have been in the Super Bowl in 2011, on the back of Arian Foster & that young, hungry defense.

Don't get me wrong, if OB feels that Bridgewater is a franchise QB, I hope like hell we get him. But if we can't run the ball..... if our defense don't contribute to wins... we'll be Dallas, or St. Louis, or Detroit, or San Diego, or Arizona, or last year's Steelers.

It's still a team game.
Of course it's a team game, but the quarterback more than any other position in football can win or lose you games. There have certainly been seasons where guys like Brady and Manning have carried the entire team on their shoulders (2013 Pats, 2010 Colts) and others where awful QB has doomed teams even if there is talent at other positions (2011 Colts, 2012 Chiefs, 2013 Texans). I would love a great QB but we have to have someone that at least doesn't lose us games and can put us in a spot to win.
Old 02-19-2014   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
QB.

The end.
Unclear on whether you're asking a question or answering one.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #23
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 17942 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
All you guys are downers, i am expecting 10-14 wins, and an AFC championship game apperance. And then Houstons first ever Lombardi Trophy !!! Yeah that is my expectations

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #24
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post

Lmao!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014   #25
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
every parent hopes their child will grow up and become something great, the odds of it actually happening are rare, but dont stop us from hoping now does it ?
Old 02-22-2014   #26
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And the way to that objective is to fix the damned O-line. The way I see it, that's a root cause issue. No matter which QB you draft, he'll need time to throw. Even if Foster comes back 100%, if there isn't solid blocking in front of him, his effectiveness will be limited. Even if you draft Clowney to bolster the defense, they ("they" being Clowney and Watt) will wear down in the second half of games because our offense cannot stay on the field and keep them (relatively) fresh.

Success begins in the trenches boys and girls. There's no way around that in my mind.

I can see drafting Clowney at 1-1 and the best OT on the board at 2-1 and THEN drafting a QB. But address the issues in the trenches first.
yuuuup.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read