Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-22-2014   #221
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis February 19-24, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
If Niklas runs well, he will be really tempting if he gets to 2:1.
Have to wait for his pro day to find out. Not running today.
Old 02-22-2014   #222
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that is another disappointment. Is he injured?
Old 02-22-2014   #223
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

QBs Jeff Matthews 9, Bryn Renner 14, and Dustin Vaughan 18 throwing to TEs today.

Eric Ebron is done with hamstring tweak.

Troy Niklas isn't running 40 because he has a strain from earlier this week.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #224
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Which is highly probable if Charles Davis said it. That guy doesn't know jack.
In Charles defense, who I highly respect, he was quoting what he had heard from several different NFL personnel. One guy said this and one guy said that. One guy said he was a 1st RD pick and one guy said he was a medical redshirt.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #225
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
QBs Jeff Matthews Bryn Renner, Dustin Vaughan throwing to TEs today.
Jeff Matthews looks like an O'Brian type QB.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #226
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Comparing Clowney's measurables to Watt's:

Clowney:
Height: 6'5 1/4
Weight: 266
Hands: 10
Arms: 34 1/2
Wingspan: 83

Watt:
Height: 6'5 3/8
Weight: 290
Hands: 11 1/8
Arms: 34
Wingspan: 82 1/2
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #227
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
In Charles defense, who I highly respect, he was quoting what he had heard from several different NFL personnel. One guy said this and one guy said that. One guy said he was a 1st RD pick and one guy said he was a medical redshirt.
I'm just picking on Charles. I respect his background but he just doesn't have it with scouting or analysis. He's wrong just about always.

Something like this where he is just passing along info would not be held against him.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #228
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm just picking on Charles. I respect his background but he just doesn't have it with scouting or analysis. He's wrong just about always.

Something like this where he is just passing along info would not be held against him.
Charles always takes the high road. I don't think I have ever heard him say an ill word about anyone. That can work against you in scouting and analysis.
Old 02-22-2014   #229
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Kony Ealy's rounded measurements: 6'4/273 lbs. 34 1/4" arms and 9 1/2" hands.

This is the guy I'm very interested in. If he runs like I think he will he will shoot up draft boards.
Old 02-22-2014   #230
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

This is the guy I'm very interested in. If he runs like I think he will he will shoot up draft boards.
general consensus is he's a mid to late 1st rd pick.
Old 02-22-2014   #231
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Charles always takes the high road. I don't think I have ever heard him say an ill word about anyone. That can work against you in scouting and analysis.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I really respect his background. I just think he's in over his head with this stuff.
Old 02-22-2014   #232
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
"Dutch speedskating coach Jillert Anema gave an amazing interview to CNBC today featuring one of the best rants ever...

You have a lot of attention on a foolish sport like American football and you waste a lot of talent, athletic talent, on a sport that is meant to kill each other, to injure each other. … You’re so narrow-minded, and then you want to compete against the world [in other sports] when you waste a lot of time, good talent on a sport that sucks."

I thought that was an anemic rant.
A Dutchman lol

Figures
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #233
bah007
Hall of Fame

Ealy is off the board between 12-20, IMO. He's the #2 DL drafted probably.
Old 02-22-2014   #234
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's likely already off our board for character, but...
Taylor Lewan's puzzling comments
Quote:
No player had a weirder press conference than Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan. Often smirking or even chuckling through answers, Lewan deflected questions...
I posted this yesterday and bring it forward to say I do not agree with the characterization the writer made of Lewan's attitude after seeing his NFL.com interview. He answered the questions, explained the situations, and seemed light-hearted and grateful. Liked him.
Old 02-22-2014   #235
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was surprised his hands were only 9 1/2. You can tell by watching him play that he has very long arms. He could easily be a top 5 pick. Aldon Smith is a good comparison.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #236
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryNateFTW View Post
I was surprised his hands were only 9 1/2. You can tell by watching him play that he has very long arms. He could easily be a top 5 pick. Aldon Smith is a good comparison.
When I said shoot up draft boards this is what I meant. I could easily see him going top ten. I was also very surprised by his hand size. Good thing he won't be throwing the football.
Old 02-22-2014   #237
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Kony Ealy's rounded measurements: 6'4/273 lbs. 34 1/4" arms and 9 1/2" hands...If he runs like I think he will he will shoot up draft boards.
He already shooted well before the combine.

Ryan McCrystal ‏@Ryan_McCrystal
Quote:
Austin Seferian-Jenkins says he wasn't cleared medically to participate. Didn't say why. Didn't say when he might be cleared.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins dodging questions on NFL Network on why he didn't work out and when he will work out. He says "talk to my agent"
"Unsure about his pro day."

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Quote:
Sources tell me unlikely Seferian-Jenkins is healthy for a pro-day.

I'm told the injury which kept Austin-Seferian Jenkins from working out is a fracture in his foot.

Last edited by Playoffs; 02-22-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2014   #238
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 17553 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Taylor Lewan. He's a disgusting human-being.

You wanna know more, google "Taylor Lewan threatens rape victim."

He has more than just on the field rage problems.
AngryNateFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #239
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He already shooted well before the combine.

Ryan McCrystal ‏@Ryan_McCrystal

"Unsure about his pro day."
I saw somewhere where he has been clocked to match the number he wore..........4.7
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #240
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Cyrus Kouandjio had not so great day but tape shows otherwise.
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
Bad news for #Bama OT Cyrus Kouandjio. I’m told several teams have failed him on his physical. Arthritic knee from failed surgery. “Ugly.”
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Quote:
I have late 1st round grade on Cyrus Kouandjio, but no way to tell if knee issue is genuinely something teams are worried about.
Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
Quote:
Re: Kouandjio RT @brentsobleski: Genetic. Brother has chronic bad knees
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe
Quote:
WAY to early to say Kouandjio drops a lot because of knee. Every team will look at it differently. He didn't miss time and that's important

Louis Delmas also flunked some physicals because of arthritic knees. He went at top of 2nd and became a top NFL safety
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Quote:
Lucas: Officially a stress fracture in his left foot

Bad news for OT Cornelius Lucas. Foot injury, out of the NFL Combine, 6-8 week rehab schedule

Last edited by Playoffs; 02-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read