Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-17-2014   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: BL 1st First Round Mock Draft of 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Can Texans wait until the 4th rd. to select a QB? If they address this need in free agency they just might.

Texans should also gain a couple compensatory (non-trade-able picks) that's five picks for the defense. NT, OLB, ILB, DB, DE. I could make those selections as well but won't bore you, feel like I'm getting long winded & beer is talking to me again
I can't wait 'till free agency. If we can get a decent stop-gap/starting QB, Brian Orakpo, & even a Ryan Harris type OT... heck, I'd be happy with Ryan Harris.... then Rick Smith & OB can act like Belichick & start moving in the draft to get "their" players. Move up, move down, move back up again. Start stockpiling draftpicks in future years to do what you want when you want.
Old 02-17-2014   #42
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can Texans wait until the 4th rd. to select a QB? If they address this need in free agency they just might.
Have you seen the list of FA QB's ?! Its .... really lacking talent. Michael Vick is probably the best player available on the FA list.

Here's the list from Rotoworld.

1. Michael Vick
2. Josh McCown
3. Matt Cassel
4. Josh Freeman
5. Shaun Hill
6. Chad Henne
7. Tarvaris Jackson
8. Colt McCoy
9. Matt Flynn
10. Kellen Clemens
11. Luke McCown
12. Derek Anderson
13. David Garrard
14. Dan Orlovsky
15. Rex Grossman
16. Curtis Painter
17. Tim Tebow
18. Jimmy Clausen
19. Charlie Whitehurst
20. Brady Quinn

Any of these guy's really excite you , make you feel like the team has a chance to make a playoff appearance with them at the helm ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Have you seen the list of FA QB's ?! Its .... really lacking talent. Michael Vick is probably the best player available on the FA list.

Here's the list from Rotoworld.

1. Michael Vick
2. Josh McCown
3. Matt Cassel
4. Josh Freeman
5. Shaun Hill
6. Chad Henne
7. Tarvaris Jackson
8. Colt McCoy
9. Matt Flynn
10. Kellen Clemens
11. Luke McCown
12. Derek Anderson
13. David Garrard
14. Dan Orlovsky
15. Rex Grossman
16. Curtis Painter
17. Tim Tebow
18. Jimmy Clausen
19. Charlie Whitehurst
20. Brady Quinn

Any of these guy's really excite you , make you feel like the team has a chance to make a playoff appearance with them at the helm ?!
key word, stop-gap. Matt Cassel will be high on Bill O'Brian list. Would rather see someone competent now while developing franchise QB rather than forcing a QB too soon to be that franchise QB. Next year it's expectant that Mariota & Hundley, possibly Winston declare.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
key word, stop-gap. Matt Cassel will be high on Bill O'Brian list. Would rather see someone competent now while developing franchise QB rather than forcing a QB too soon to be that franchise QB. Next year it's expectant that Mariota & Hundley, possibly Winston declare.
Cassel was horrible .... I'd rather stick with Keenum & Yates over anyone on that list.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 02-18-2014   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's very possible that Greg Robinson will be the highest rated player on the Texans board as well majority of NFL teams when all is said & done. Raw talent with huge upside who demonstrated exceptional growth as player in one short season. He is a devastating power blocker, with long arms, massive lower body strength, in all the tape I watched was beaten only once & had no impact on the game or play. If Texans stay true to their draft board he in fact should be at the top. He would start on the right side, learn the ropes, develop then eventually replace Duane Brown left tackle. In the meantime OL woes are solved. Rams are just hoping Texans don't trade down so a team could move up & take him. Everybody is talking Clowney & the QB's, some Watkins but this kid makes the most sense, he is just such a riser & late bloomer.

Would like some feedback in regards to proposition of selecting Greg Robinson 1st overall.
His draft grade #2 rated overall on most boards suggests at least from BPA standpoint he will be in discussion. The gap between him & Matthews will probably widen, post combine in the ALL underwear competition, but also expect him to look really fluid in drills & larger in measurements. If Clowney cannot interview well or questions remain about his health, he could slide just enough that Robinson could overtake him as consensus #1 overall prospect. I know this he will be rated higher than last years #1 overall draft pick, Eric Fisher as Joeckel was rated higher than his teammate Jake Matthews as a LT prospect.
If he's the highest ranked player on their board and he definitely fills a need, why would they pass him up? And I like the idea of him taking over for Duane Brown if/when necessary. I'd only pass on him for Matthews or Clowney. ...and Clowney's a maybe because DE isn't as big a need as RT is IMHO.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #46
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cassel was horrible .... I'd rather stick with Keenum & Yates over anyone on that list.
Cassel would not be the STARTER, but would compete with the other two who are left. If he wins the job, so be it.

I wouldn't mind bringing Schaub back as the veteran at near the veteran minimum, but we need to get his future cap issue resolved and this is best done by cutting him and resigning him. I think he is much better than he showed last year, but he needs an improved OL.

Duane Brown LT
Chris Meyer C
Derek Newton RT
Jon Weeks LS
Brandon Brooks G
Ben Jones C
Brennan Williams RT
Cody White G
Alex Kupper G
David Quessenberry LT

These are under contract.

Wade Smith RG FA
Ryan Harris OT FA

White and Kupper were the last men on a team struggling at protection. I wouldn't make long term plans if I were them.

Newton might go due to a combination of on field and cap considerations.

D Brown and J Weeks seem secure and C Meyers probably is as well.

It will be interesting to see if this group impresses the staff enough to avoid help in the draft or if they will upgrade. I'd really like to know how the IR players (Williams and Quessenberry) from last year are doing right now. Suggestions are all over the board and it's hard to tell what's spin (a palatable lie and not to be confused with mere perspective) and what is the truth.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #47
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Cassel would not be the STARTER, but would compete with the other two who are left. If he wins the job, so be it.

If Cassel wins the starter spot .... You are in trouble and will likely be picking very high again next season. Yeah , I know everyone is hyped over next years possible QB choices but , we were hyped about this years until recently .... but that means throwing away another year with a scrub QB.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind bringing Schaub back as the veteran at near the veteran minimum, but we need to get his future cap issue resolved and this is best done by cutting him and resigning him. I think he is much better than he showed last year, but he needs an improved OL.
I wouldn't mind him being brought back as a backup / mentor to a young guy but that's about it. That line was bad ..... but it wasn't the cause of Schaub's issues , that had more to do with his body breaking down than anything else. He couldn't plant to throw and couldn't evade .... a pop warner defense. Top that off with making poor decisions and what we saw was what we got.

He is .... no longer a starter in this league.
Quote:
Duane Brown LT
Chris Meyer C
Derek Newton RT
Jon Weeks LS
Brandon Brooks G
Ben Jones C
Brennan Williams RT
Cody White G
Alex Kupper G
David Quessenberry LT

These are under contract.

Wade Smith RG FA
Ryan Harris OT FA

White and Kupper were the last men on a team struggling at protection. I wouldn't make long term plans if I were them.

Newton might go due to a combination of on field and cap considerations.

D Brown and J Weeks seem secure and C Meyers probably is as well.

Doubt Wade Smith or Ryan Harris return.

It will be interesting to see if this group impresses the staff enough to avoid help in the draft or if they will upgrade. I'd really like to know how the IR players (Williams and Quessenberry) from last year are doing right now. Suggestions are all over the board and it's hard to tell what's spin (a palatable lie and not to be confused with mere perspective) and what is the truth.
I could see Kupper , White & Newton gone , two of the three are highly likely to be gone. Could see Newton retained as depth as he makes very little and does have NFL ability .... just doesn't play like it all that often.

Doubt Ryan Harris is brought back unless its for a vet min deal.

Wade Smith was very poor last year , is he washed up or was he hurt ? Hard to see him coming back unless its at a significant discount. Probably time to move on.

Brennan Williams , I wouldn't count on ever playing a down. I'd cover my losses .... if he makes a liar outa me .... good for him and for the team.

Brown , Myers & Brooks have the makings of a solid OL. Jones sticks because he can play multiple positions. Quessenberry is a guard who can play tackle in a pinch , maybe he takes over that LG spot .... but Im not counting on him at any tackle position.

Brown starts at LT
Myers starts at C
Brooks at RG
Jones backs up at both G spots and C.
Quessenberry could be the starter at LG or just further depth.
RT is a black hole.

That leaves 4-5 OL roster spots up for grabs with a definite need at RT under the best conditions.

No to any of the following starting at QB for the Texans next year - Schaub , Keenum , Any of the FA QB's. Give me one of Manziel or Bridgewater. You likely get one of them even if you move back to #4.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 02-18-2014   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If Cassel wins the starter spot .... You are in trouble and will likely be picking very high again next season. Yeah , I know everyone is hyped over next years possible QB choices but , we were hyped about this years until recently .... but that means throwing away another year with a scrub QB.
I think we were all excited about this crop of QB because we were looking for Matt's eventual replacement around 29 or so. There's a bunch of QBs in this draft we would love to take at 29.

Now we're talking about an instant starter & I was never high on this draft for an instant starter... good prospects for a starting QB... That's what we saw last year. Now, with the #1 overall, the guy needs to be a possible elite type.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we were all excited about this crop of QB because we were looking for Matt's eventual replacement around 29 or so. There's a bunch of QBs in this draft we would love to take at 29.
The we he is talking about is people analyzing the draft. The whole country, not just Texans fans, were evaluating this as a great QB class to be waited for in comparison to last year's.
Old 02-18-2014   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thanks!

It's a good discussion. Greg Robinson could just be the highest graded player in this draft when all is said & done. Texans biggest hole was actually OT. It's not a terrible idea or pick. Robinson with Brooks would be elite & right side could go from worst to best in one year
Yep,

Which is why I've got

1. Clowney
2. Robinson
3. Mack
4. Matthews

Brooks/Robinson = solving short ydge /Goal line problems that have plagued the Texans for yrs.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wouldn't mind him being brought back as a backup / mentor to a young guy but that's about it. That line was bad ..... but it wasn't the cause of Schaub's issues , that had more to do with his body breaking down than anything else. He couldn't plant to throw and couldn't evade .... a pop warner defense. Top that off with making poor decisions and what we saw was what we got.

He is .... no longer a starter in this league.

I could see Kupper , White & Newton gone , two of the three are highly likely to be gone. Could see Newton retained as depth as he makes very little and does have NFL ability .... just doesn't play like it all that often.

Doubt Ryan Harris is brought back unless its for a vet min deal.

Wade Smith was very poor last year , is he washed up or was he hurt ? Hard to see him coming back unless its at a significant discount. Probably time to move on.

Brennan Williams , I wouldn't count on ever playing a down. I'd cover my losses .... if he makes a liar outa me .... good for him and for the team.

Brown , Myers & Brooks have the makings of a solid OL. Jones sticks because he can play multiple positions. Quessenberry is a guard who can play tackle in a pinch , maybe he takes over that LG spot .... but Im not counting on him at any tackle position.

Brown starts at LT
Myers starts at C
Brooks at RG
Jones backs up at both G spots and C.
Quessenberry could be the starter at LG or just further depth.
RT is a black hole.

That leaves 4-5 OL roster spots up for grabs with a definite need at RT under the best conditions.

No to any of the following starting at QB for the Texans next year - Schaub , Keenum , Any of the FA QB's. Give me one of Manziel or Bridgewater. You likely get one of them even if you move back to #4.
Lot of good stuff corrosion. I did a poor job of is explaining my idea of a stop gap QB's role in transitional year under a new first time NFL Head Coach & staff. All fans have their own expectations, same is true of this draft. Free agency will play role in fans/team draft psychology. I'm out on Schaub. He cannot return under any circumstances, even if it means bringing in lesser talent in Cassel or whoever off that FA list. O'Brian needs a low cost QB with NFL experience that is familiar with his system, who can protect the ball & just keep it together while developing a young, talented rookie until he is ready.

So it's really a two part piece to this QB puzzle. If Texans select any QB from this class he needs to sit & learn otherwise you risk damaging long term development of that pick. Throwing them out there too early would be a mistake. Maybe O'Brian decides TJ Yates or Case Keenum can run his system? wish I knew for sure, that would be best Case, save cap space for other needs, really see what Texans have on roster, so ideally I'm looking for an O'Brian type QB prospect, later than sooner given I'm not sold on Bortles who seems to fit best among big three (I'm out on Manziel due to his decision not to throw @ both combine & his pro day, really).

In this first round mock, which has held up pretty well for a whole week old, lol, I have Vikings selecting Bortles #8. That does give Rick Smith some wiggle room to work out a trade down with one of those seven teams who may target a specific player not named Bortles. My major concern with this is not whether Blake will still be there or not its fact that Texans will lose out on getting one of the top offensive tackles to protect his right side & then transition to his long term blind side protector. Robinson, Matthews & Moses all would have immediate impact. My personal inflated opinion of Moses was meant to trigger my self preservation instinct to protect a developing franchise capable rookie QB. Without that facet to aid in his development I would just as soon take my franchise OT first, which I have Robinson currently #2 but will see after combine if he moves up in scouts eyes to #1 overall. That would make it simple, bpa & foundation pick for future developmental QB later.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-18-2014   #52
beerlover
Site Contributor

this is dated a bit but first time I read ourlads impression of Greg Robinson this is a paid scouting site but some information is free for public viewing, like this one so thought I would share. By the way they graded out Duane Brown as a 4th/5th round prospect, so they can be a little harsh at times as well have their share of misses.

Quote:
Third year sophomore. Unfortunately Robinson did not receive the public recognition until halfway through the year because most had no idea he was three years removed from high school. Robinson caught my eye last year when I was scouting opposing players. He is enormous but carries minimal bad weight. He is light on his feet but can anchor himself in to the ground and stone a bull rusher. Robinson may be THE left tackle of this class if he comes out. While I think he is a bit raw and will need some balance/core/stability work, Robinson has two years of starting experience in the SEC with game tape just as, if not more, impressive as Kouandijo. If he comes out, he could really go anywhere from #1 to #15 overall. Dave Syvertsen, Ourlads' Draft Analyst

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-18-2014   #53
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Do not want clowney. I am almost sure that he will be a five year rental. No way that the Texans are able to keep both watt and Clowney after his rookie contract.
Very valid point noone wants to talk about. The waters get even more muddied if Mercilus winds up turning the corner & start to thrive in Crennel's defense.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #54
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Robinson but if I'm going T I'd rather trade down and take either Matthews/Cyrus Kouandjio/Taylor Lewan from this good T class. Maybe even Morgan Moses in second. Like the player, don't love the value. Matthews would step in day 1 at RT, has Robinson played any RT?

Adding this little nugget...

Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN
Quote:
These two kids are not in the same zip code as far as future projection in the NFL from what I know about Robinson at this point.

Greg Robinson vs Eric Fisher = why referencing draft round to describe prospect skill level is pointless in many ways.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #55
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I like Robinson but if I'm going T I'd rather trade down and take either Matthews/Cyrus Kouandjio/Taylor Lewan from this good T class. Maybe even Morgan Moses in second. Like the player, don't love the value. Matthews would step in day 1 at RT, has Robinson played any RT?
copy that. good point. one factor that's constraining doing a mock draft, is doing one without trades.

notice I have Moses selected top 10? doubt it too, but wanted to dispel any notion that you can still get him in the 2nd, but guess I failed. let's say Texans draft Bridgewater #1 overall. first thing I would do is attempt to trade back up into the first round to draft Moses if he slips into mid twenties, without question.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-18-2014   #56
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
These two kids are not in the same zip code as far as future projection in the NFL from what I know about Robinson at this point.

Greg Robinson vs Eric Fisher = why referencing draft round to describe prospect skill level is pointless in many ways.
back tracked to twitter but still lack enough content to understand without hesitation exactly what he meant by that statement. If you know, please enlighten me. in general like his stuff, anybody with his background is worth a listen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-18-2014   #57
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

back tracked to twitter but still lack enough content to understand without hesitation exactly what he meant by that statement. If you know, please enlighten me. in general like his stuff, anybody with his background is worth a listen
Seems to me that he is saying Fisher wasn't in Robinson's league as a prospect, which I would agree with.

I have Robinson rated as the best OL of the last two drafts. Last year there were nine OL taken in the first round:

#1 Eric Fisher
#2 Luke Joeckel
#4 Lane Johnson
#7 Jonathan Cooper
#10 Chance Warmack
#11 D.J. Fluker
#19 Justin Pugh
#20 Kyle Long
#31 Travis Frederick

I see seven OL in this year's class with the potential to go in the first round:

Greg Robinson
Jake Matthews
Zack Martin
Cyrus Kouandijo
Morgan Moses
Antonio Richardson
Taylor Lewan

Combined, I had them rated in this order, for now:

1. Robinson - Franchise LT
2. Joeckel - Franchise LT
3. Cooper - All Pro OG
4. Matthews - All Pro OG
5. Warmack - All Pro OG
6. Fisher - Potential Franchise LT
7. Martin - All Pro RT/OG
8. Fluker - All Pro RT
9. Johnson - Potential Franchise LT
10. Kouandijo - Potential All Pro RT
11. Long - Potential All Pro OG
12. Moses - Potential All Pro RT
13. Richardson - Potential All Pro LT
14. Lewan - Potential All Pro RT
15. Pugh - Solid RT
16. Frederick - Solid C
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Robinson has markedly greater upside, better prospect.
Old 02-18-2014   #59
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Combined, I had them rated in this order, for now:...
Great stuff there.
Old 02-18-2014   #60
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Great stuff there.
Agreed simply great work. For minute there thought I was seeing something others didn't, thanks guys! I remember Ryan Clady pancaking guys at Boise and of course Ogden UCLA so when a player flashes like that it gets me pumped. Brown & Robinson would give a QB an excellent shot of success (even Carr/Schaub but they would probably find a way to **** that up too).

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read